navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » An Important Message for ALL Teen Forum Members
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic An Important Message for ALL Teen Forum Members Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2002-08-13 01:20 PM

An Important Message for ALL Teen Forum Members

It has been brought to our attention, that there appears to be a constant amount of bickering between various members regarding responses to poems, and the level of critique or lack thereof within the Teen Poetry Forum. It has degraded into a war of words in some cases, with constant nit-picky jabs back and forth between various members. There is no need to point out the primary participants, as all who read this message are aware.

This has made many members uncomfortable, has lowered the morale of the Teen Forum overall, and is very close to crossing (and in several cases in my opinion … has already crossed) the guidelines of "Respect and Tolerance" that we ask you to abide by here in the forums.

What seems to have started out as reasonable discussion in some cases, has deteriorated into nothing more than one-upmanship, rude comments, and snarky remarks.

Is this the kind of poetry forum you want?

I strongly urge you to set personal differences aside and respond to your peers in a manner fitting the guidelines.

There is no rule that you must comment on each and every post, and if you know that your response is about to "bait" another … think long and hard before responding at all. Simply pass it by and walk away.

This situation is being monitored, and enforcement of the guidelines will be made should respect and tolerance be ignored.

I think all should refresh themselves by re-reading our guidelines here at the following link: /pip/guidelines/rules.html

There has been a request regarding the want and desire for a renewed Teen Discussion forum, and although the ideas brought to our attention recently have had some merit, this current mood of the Teen Poetry Forum is setting the stage for a delay of further review in this regard. If you cannot respect each other here within the poetic forum … then the clear assumption is, that a Teen Discussion forum would simply emulate the reasons the original discussion forum was removed.

It's your choice everyone. Do you want to come here to bicker? Or do you want to come here to read and enjoy poetry?

I know many of you are frustrated with this current situation, and I urge you to take the high road … ignore the petty comments and move on.

Learn to get along, and allow those who wish to be here to enjoy poetry … that ability to do so.

Continued bickering and baiting of others in this regard will not be tolerated. This thread will be locked as no comments are requested in response.

© Copyright 2002 Kit McCallum - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2002-08-13 07:45 PM

Ba-Da-Bump!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2002-08-14 10:42 PM

Another small bump for mankind.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » An Important Message for ALL Teen Forum Members

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary