navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » doors, or something like it
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic doors, or something like it Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
knightlyshadows
since 2001-04-14
Posts 791
obscured vision

0 posted 2002-08-10 01:19 AM

twist and pull
turn and push
slip inside
or
rush outside

back:kcab and throf:forth
open,
close
squeak or g
                r
                 o
                  a
                   n
doortodoor

ok, derived from boredom, this popped into my head after reading lisa's chip poem and lady in white's (if i remember correctly) idea. with a twist of course.
-tiff

“A single choice can build destinies,or destroy them.”

Falling, Stars of Dreams.

© Copyright 2002 Tiffany Durham - All Rights Reserved
Local Parasite
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2001-11-05
Posts 2527
Transylconia, Winnipeg
1 posted 2002-08-10 01:30 AM

Hey Tiff   I was pleased to see you posting again.  Nice to have you back in teen poetry.

I get to be the first reply!  Hehe...

OK, well here's the scoop -

I love this idea, it's a great technique.  But it felt like the only thing you were doing (probably because it was derived from boredom) was talkin about the format and how you were writing the poem.  Couldn't you instead introduce some kind of message or content into this poem and still make the formatting valid?

Just a thought.  Other than that, neat way with words, babe.

Talk to you soon.

Parasite

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
2 posted 2002-08-12 03:32 PM

Well, even though in my twisted metaphorically infatuated little mind I could find a message or meaning behind this... in a general sense.. it really doesn't offer anything. I mean the idea is good, but it could use some work. Hey at least you tried... I still haven't.

I'm married to Mr.Metaphor. We make love everyday.

paper doll
since 2002-08-04
Posts 133
Floating on Uncertainty
3 posted 2002-08-13 04:31 AM

My head is twisting in every direction to try and get the message to this but I just can't get it. *damnit damnit damnit damnit* You get the message.
I can tell there is something behind it but I'm sorry, just can't get it. Divulge the details.

~M

Imagination=nostalgia for the past, the absent; it is the liquid solution in which art develops the snapshots of reality.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » doors, or something like it

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary