navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » the lords prayer
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic the lords prayer Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut

0 posted 2002-07-11 07:45 PM

A cross hangs round your neck
You still say prayers at night,
Enveloped in darkness
All you’re asking for is light,
Clutch your rosary to your heart
Just want to make things fair,
Pleading for happiness
Voice quivers with despair,
Our father, who art in heaven
Leaves his footprints in your sand,
Where is he now
You thought he’d understand,
Your prayers lay unanswered
Your soul lies torn and cold,
Still wear the cross
But this charade is getting old

© Copyright 2002 Lisa Bednarz - All Rights Reserved
sleepymoongirl
since 2001-04-19
Posts 157
bc canada
1 posted 2002-07-11 08:31 PM

perhaps the answer you have been looking for is already there?????? i liked the poem

as u go in life there will be ur hardships it is up to u if it makes u or breaks u.  

SavingGrace
since 2002-05-31
Posts 26
not yet found
2 posted 2002-07-12 08:59 AM

i love this poem!!!! it's so beautifully written!! great write, can't wait to see more! remember, some of god's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers..... everything happens for a reason.

~*Grace*~
You wouldn't be so concerned with what people thought of you if you only knew how seldom they did...

SavingGrace
since 2002-05-31
Posts 26
not yet found
3 posted 2002-07-12 09:00 AM

i love this poem!!!! it's so beautifully written!! great write, can't wait to see more! remember, some of god's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers..... everything happens for a reason.

~*Grace*~
You wouldn't be so concerned with what people thought of you if you only knew how seldom they did...

shadowchild458
since 2002-07-10
Posts 117
MN,USA
4 posted 2002-07-12 07:05 PM

is the answer really that important? that they'd die for it? i agree, some of the most seemingly needed to be answered questions are left unanswered. you will know in time my dear, you will know in time. great poem though, though i strongly disagree with it...god is always there all you have to do is trust.

www.freedonation.com

LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut
5 posted 2002-07-12 10:57 PM

I am very strong in my faith now and forever, I never said this poem was about me...but no matter who you are, there are times in your life when it seems that God is not there (if you believe in God).

And I believe he is always there, its just hard to see him sometimes...this poem is supposed to show people with extreme faith even in tough times....doubt is a big part of faith...because after overcoming doubt, we are stronger in faith.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » the lords prayer

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary