navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » I am
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic I am Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana

0 posted 2002-03-21 02:43 PM

I am a child
who wants to be among friends,
and walks in the shoes
of uncommon men

I am an elder
who wants to be among kin,
and walks in the shoes
of old tradition

But I am revenge
and I'm a former
Christian - I haven't
found my way to
self-acceptance

I am a whore
who wants to be Aphrodite,
and walks in the shoes
of forgotten esteem

I am a saint
who wants to be Holy,
and walks in the shoes
of false motivation

But I am shame
and I'm a former
president - I haven't
found my way to
redemption

I am a woman
who was burned at the stake,
and walks in the shoes
of solitary sin

I am a man
who knows how to stand,
and walks in the shoes
of razorblades

But I am apathy
and I'm a former
savior - I haven't
found my way to
equilibrium

Cela passera.

turningthepage.blogspot.com

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (03-21-2002 08:29 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Morgana - All Rights Reserved
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
1 posted 2002-03-21 03:45 PM

Amazing poem! I love how you take on so many different forms. WOnderful write!! Thanks for sharing

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
2 posted 2002-03-21 10:52 PM

I am a child
who wants to be among friends,
and walks in the shoes
of uncommon men

I love these lines..... In this one you slow down, and take the time to see who you think you are, see what you see. It's always interesting to see how a person see's themselves, isn't it? It makes you wonder.... is what people see a part of who we are, and does it make any difference, and is who we see completely who we are? *smacks self* I am running philosophical way to much.... back to the poem....

I was looking over it again, and I seem to see this not as you referring to you.... more of you seeing the world through your eyes.... perhaps you fit yourself in there, but it seems you are writing a melting pot of all that is around you. Am I right?

I enjoyed how you kept the same basic flow and rythm. Kept it smoothly flowing in my mind. And the ending, I love that especially. Splendid write, my dear.

Sincerely,
Titus

"My body is merely the canvas of my soul."
         ~ The Night Owl

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
3 posted 2002-03-22 03:43 PM

I'm the child, the elder, the whore, the saint, the woman, and the man. I'm everything. Although to some degree you are right, it was how I see things around me. What I see in family, friends, people at school, people at church, and just random people. I was somewhat bitter towards them (and me), but also sympathetic and understanding of their perspective. After all... pieces of them are pieces of me and vice versa. Who am I to point fingers?

Thank you, all of you.

Cela passera.

turningthepage.blogspot.com

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (03-22-2002 03:44 PM).]

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
4 posted 2002-04-06 07:00 AM

ohh....*drools*....more replies to be had here

My england is goodly- are you strudable?

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
5 posted 2002-04-06 09:26 AM

*picks jaw up off the ground*

Wow. I mean...wow. This is so bloody amazing that I'm in complete awe of you right now. The way this is written can't help but be in your face. I find it nothing short of interesting that you are all of these people. When a person sits down, they can usually identify with maybe one or two but to have so many inside makes for such an interesting read.
I know what you mean about being all of those people though. It's hard to classify ourselves as just one when we have so many emotions to express and so many words to say.
You've done a fabulous job on this and you should be really proud. It's in my library for sure.

~AF~

"Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy." - Susanna Kaysen

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
6 posted 2002-04-06 02:43 PM

"Tesous Christos, Theou Uios, Soter"

LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut
7 posted 2002-04-06 07:19 PM

I am a man
who knows how to stand,
and walks in the shoes
of razorblades
Oh wow....this was great...I loved what it said and how it said it...I especially love this stanza^, I dont know why...but I felt it..

Goodjob!
~Lisa

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » I am

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary