navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » desert plain
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic desert plain Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
dastard
since 2001-07-14
Posts 55
in tearing silence

0 posted 2002-03-19 05:58 AM

*ahem*

deserted land
waiting thirsty, in pain
sheltered by a white cloud
dropping poison, acid rain

liquid death
on lips of the land
comfort streaming
through a dagger-holding hand

furtherly drained
the cloud was fading
the plain was left
damned to a living

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

no comment, as usual... you're free to interpret

"Pain doesn't hurt when it's all you've ever felt" ~Marie, the girl of a thousand truths          

© Copyright 2002 dastard - All Rights Reserved
punkrockerrobin
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 1180
Sparks, NV
1 posted 2002-03-19 12:59 PM

kinda dark don't ya think?

i am me don't tell me different!!
JEFF IS ONE HOT STUD *RAWR*
i want him *DROOLZ*
dam hes hott!!!

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
2 posted 2002-03-19 02:32 PM

Indeed it would, dastard. (your encouragement there).

I'd love to have a deep reply here.... but I don't. My mind just isn't working, dammit.

But I enjoyed the piece. Very... Green Day-ish. Find of "hahahaha, laughing at all you in your little cubicles..." LoL. Poetically, it seemed well written to me. Shot, short lines, etc etc. All put together nicely.

~ Titus

My motto... always changing, always improving, living life in veiw of eternity.

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
3 posted 2002-03-19 04:46 PM

Hmm... I honestly don't know what to say to this.

I am a rabid horse.

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
4 posted 2002-03-19 05:48 PM

WOW!!
this was amazing..i loved every bit of it! youre very good at choosing the exact words for this piece. "liquid death"....ooooh i loved that one!
this is such an awesome piece from you custard deary, dont make me wait another six months a'fore i get to see another one
this is one of the best explorations of despair ive read in quite a while...you did an awesome job of it

My england is goodly- are you strudable?

LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut
5 posted 2002-03-19 09:06 PM

I really liked this one....it was very well written...

I cant wait to read more...

~Lisa

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
6 posted 2002-03-31 12:28 PM

Wow... this is quite impressive.  I loved the rhyme scheme you had, and the meter worked well.  This was so sad... 'the plain was left/damned to a living.' And almost bitter... 'dropping poison, acid rain.'  The tone was interesting, in a way, and the length left enough unsaid to be mysterious.  Definitely a though-provoking poem you've construed.

You are so very talented, custard!  I really liked this.  It is more than deserving of a little bump back to the front page

Wonderful work... truly.

--Marie

I wish your fingers could touch all I can't say... no one should ever feel this alone.

Voiceless
since 2001-02-19
Posts 686
Under the stars upon the wind
7 posted 2002-03-31 09:09 PM

I am loving this.
Nothing beats a poem that is shorter
and makes you think, the flow
is great and the wording and
way it is written is terrific.
Great Work.

Freedom is not Free (Korean War memorial)

quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
8 posted 2002-04-02 12:06 PM

i just can't comment on poetry today, i'm sorry.

but i had to tell you, your name reminds me of custard.

mmmmmm...

custard.

::big grin::

so ot, i know.

sorry.

/jen/

so foul and fair a day i have not seen.  - macbeth act 1, scene 3

dastard
since 2001-07-14
Posts 55
in tearing silence
9 posted 2002-04-02 01:54 AM

Thanks for all of your replies peeps!

robin - yep, I think so..

titus - should I listen to more Green Day? Prolly I should.. *makes note*

rhonda - I finally shut you up, huh?!

cherish - you can't have read a lot of poetry then lol.. *sigh* I don't share your taste, but nevermind.. I still gotta do that re-read session though

lisa - unfortunatelly you'll have to wait a while until there'll be more.. I'm not a frequent writer..

marie - first of all.. *big hugs* secondly, thanks so much, sweety..  you know, that your oppinion is of special importance to me *gives you a "bump" with the butt*

voiceless - unfortunately the lenght of it is more a result of lacking creativity

gwen - LMAO.. check teen chat some time.. it's alreay been quite a while since I [or my screen name] have been transformed into custard! *blinks towards Cherish* so don't worry about it.. it's not only you!

"Pain doesn't hurt when it's all you've ever felt" ~Marie, the girl of a thousand truths           

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
10 posted 2002-04-03 01:13 AM

I like this one a lot! Not real shur how to interpret it though cuz im kinda tired, all i know is i liked it and i enjoyed reading it and thats good enough for me

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » desert plain

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary