navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Teenage sin
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Teenage sin Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SlowDrag
since 2002-01-10
Posts 53
Tx...need i say more

0 posted 2002-03-13 06:42 PM

Why do you act like i'm not worth your time?
why dont you care what's on my mind?
you give me bad looks when i'm buying coffee.
as if i'm an escaped convict and they never caught me.
can't vote, smoke, drink,
not old enough to live.
so what's my purpose you say?
to take anything you'll give?

i just want to be left alone
i want to fade away.
but you wont even look at my eyes
when i start to talk about my day.

i'm stupid, worthless, always causing trouble.
ran taht stop sign, i'm going to hell.
You're closeminded, stubborn, and too uptight.
you hate my life....but oh well.

haha, on my way home from seeing a friend out of town, i wrote a check to buy a bottle of water and a candy bar, it took me 20 minutes because the lady thought my drivers liscense didn't look right. and i was too young for her to just take my word.
i hate people haha.

"Pardon me while I throw up, I guess some people never grow up..."

© Copyright 2002 Eric - All Rights Reserved
LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut
1 posted 2002-03-13 06:46 PM

Age discrimination....
It SUCKS

But your poem rocks, and believe me one of these days you will be grown up, and want to be a kid again!

~Lisa

Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

2 posted 2002-03-13 09:44 PM

I agree. *glares at the backs of the heads of certain old people...* lol. Oh well. One day we might do the same thing. That would suck...
Lennon2002
since 2002-01-10
Posts 31
The wV
3 posted 2002-03-13 10:57 PM

I have these problems too.... I also have people call me sir..... talk about weird... Most adults want you to take your responsibility without having the positive things about growing up also.... NOT FAIR!

I'm ready for death because I don't believe in it- John Lennon

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)
4 posted 2002-03-13 11:12 PM

damn hey, this poem is really true.  age discrimination does get really annoying, but it's not just in older people.  at my school the seniors raised this big issue about "upperclassman respect" most people were pretty pissed, but i just laughed.  anywayz..lol i can relate to the poem and i think you did a pretty good job of conveying the problem.  and most people do suck, but not all. keep writin and be happy.
-bergundy-

maybe i'll catch fire, something nice to warm me. something pure to burn away the darkness, that hides inside my mind. -alkaline trio-

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
5 posted 2002-03-14 08:02 AM

Awesome poem...sooooo true!!! The whole age discrimination thing gets me so furious!!! Arghhhh

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

Android 18
since 2002-02-20
Posts 61
Austrailia (My DreamLand)
6 posted 2002-03-17 04:24 PM

I totally understand, I've had a few unpleasent run-ins with people. I hate it when you're in a store and one of the employees is watching you like a hawk. Or they look at you like they don't thinkl you can afford what you are going to buy.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Teenage sin

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary