navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » A single Rose for Allison
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic A single Rose for Allison Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut

0 posted 2002-03-05 08:07 PM

My best friend Allison's mother died in October.  On Christmas Eve, the 4 month anniversary of her death, my two friends and I went to her grave.  We each had one long stemmed red rose, my friends crossed theres over eachother on top of the gravestone, and went into the car.  I dropped to my knees and laid a single rose into the snow over the frozen grass, writing only these two words "For Allison..."

A single rose for Allison
As written in the snow
Just want to let you know
We are always here for you
We're gonna help you through
You are just so strong
For holding up for long
Its ok to let go to tears
You jsut lived my biggest fear
Just let someone embrace you
Other people are hurting too
Just wanted to let you know
As written in the snow

© Copyright 2002 Lisa Bednarz - All Rights Reserved
Lisa_bebe15
since 2001-11-15
Posts 151
Florida
1 posted 2002-03-05 08:32 PM

thats good..I like it a lot..I lost alot of my family members..I never know how to greve of there loss..never go see there grave..it just hurts too much

"Water Over Matter"

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2002-03-06 05:05 AM

I cant seem to go visit people either. Makes everything worse for me. I cant even go to wakes or funerals. This was a very sweet poem Im sure Allison would like it very much!

~I thought it was only your loss when we broke up, but it turns out it was mine too~

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
3 posted 2002-03-07 01:08 PM

You know I really felt this poem. In all it's simplicity it is written very well.
Great job...it's terrible to lose someone.. my friend's mother died a bit ago, and it takes a while to heal...if you ever really can.

Jenn

"You are the strength, that keeps me walking- you are the hope that keeps me trusting."

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
4 posted 2002-03-07 04:16 PM

Wow.

I remember at a Memorial Mass (9/22/00) for my friend Jesica who died, they passed out orange carnations to the entire eighth grade class in memory of her.

I still have mine.

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
5 posted 2002-03-10 11:32 PM

This was really beautiful. Its important for allison to know that your always there for her. You are an amazing friend

iTs bEeN 1 Of ThOsE dAyZ 4 2 MaNY dAyZ nOw..I jUst NeEd a DaY whErE tHe WOrLd cAn tAkE cArE of ItsElf..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » A single Rose for Allison

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary