navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » a simple question
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic a simple question Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
laconic
since 2002-02-17
Posts 64
Melbourne, Australia

0 posted 2002-02-18 04:22 AM

Too many people are stressing over little things and doing some crazy **** to themselves these days...can't help but wonder why?
anywhoo lemme pose the question...whoever reads and disagrees can post their thoughts.

---------------------------------------------------

I see the knife in your hand
what u thinking
he forgot to call
so now your life is sinking?
in our world of love and hate
theres always two sides of one debate
why let others consume your world
do tell me..
whose worth it all
to live your life for
or to end it...

i dont understand can you tell me?
i thought a broken heart was supposed to mend
leave u healthy
so what are you trying to tell me?
crying, lying and denying your afflictions
its not pain
its insecurity thats got you tripping
take a step back from the emotion
see yourself for what your doing
and tell me its not crazy

whose worth dying for
when you still have so much left in store
only in your teen years so tattered and torn
release yourself from these shackles of doubt
open your eyes...are those who hurt you really worth your time?

my inspiration has drained like perspiration//i'm empty like hemp i been smoked dry...*sigh*

[This message has been edited by laconic (02-18-2002 04:45 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 Luke Zhang - All Rights Reserved
chas
since 2001-04-08
Posts 101
Lynn, ma
1 posted 2002-02-18 11:27 AM

i'll say this, those who are foolish enough to hurt themself, let them do so. if they don't understand the value of their life their is not much you can do. you're not their true friend anyway.. you'll soon leave them for your own problems. just sit back and shed some tears their way... great write by the way..
gracianna
since 2002-02-17
Posts 165
A 14 year hell
2 posted 2002-02-18 12:15 PM

I disagree with chas. The reason that someone hurts themselves is because they feel the need to be in control of something in their lives...great poem...so realistic.

I give a whole new meaning to the word 'sad.'

chas
since 2001-04-08
Posts 101
Lynn, ma
3 posted 2002-02-18 12:37 PM

you can't disagree with me, cus what need is there to gain control.. when was it ever lost. if you lose control of yourself, then who has control over you in the first place?
gracianna
since 2002-02-17
Posts 165
A 14 year hell
4 posted 2002-02-18 12:51 PM

Anyone. Your parents, the law, school, homework, anything can give you the feeling that you no longer have a say in what you can or can't do.
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
5 posted 2002-02-18 01:41 PM

i agree with gracianna...i've felt completely out of control because of the way life is..i felt like it stripped me of all control i ever had...the poem i thought was really good...nicely done

mE & cHrIsTiNe GaVe A WhOlE nEw mEaNiNg tO ThE wOrD "iNcOgNiTo"

chas
since 2001-04-08
Posts 101
Lynn, ma
6 posted 2002-02-18 02:28 PM

no one agrees with me? if you lose control, it is not because you didn't have control, it because you chose to not take control. outside forces don't control you, they only guide you. life is suppose to be the puppet, and you the puppet master, since when did that switch around?
sleepymoongirl
since 2001-04-19
Posts 157
bc canada
7 posted 2002-02-19 12:27 PM

some times it hard because in life for me i feel so alone like no one is there.  its not that i would ever kill myself but its so hard to live or know how to sometimes its hard enough to find the reasons to get up each passing day.  actually i would like to know what its like to wake up feeling different then i do its nice to read happy poems cuz i can't write them very well

as u go in life there will be ur hardships it is up to u if it makes u or breaks u.  

laconic
since 2002-02-17
Posts 64
Melbourne, Australia
8 posted 2002-02-19 05:26 AM

damn.. ya'all actuaully got into this.. lol..who would have though eh?
But anyways.. your all very smart ppl... and even tho i'm not.. i'll just be loud and speak my mind anyway.
To lose control when u never had it is stoopid.. fate does play a part in all our lives... but when ur faced with tradgedy or  that "outta control life" feeling or woteva..u usually have 2 opitions.. u can feel sorry for yourself.. and just give in  coz its too hard otherwise.. or u can find the lighter side of every situation.. coz when u look hard enough. u can usually  laugh at something... be it yourself, others, the situation or woteva... life wasnt meant to be too serious.. just look around..look at the colors.. look at lamas.. lol... look at wombats.. anybody seen a wombat? funny lookin.. but yeah... it usually comes down to laugh or cry and i dunno why ppl preffer crying...

my inspiration has drained like perspiration ..again i'm empty like hemp i been smoked dry...*sigh*

Wood_Stock
since 2001-05-09
Posts 58
The little yellow
9 posted 2002-02-19 08:00 AM

Well, it's easy to cry man.  And most people are downright lazy, they want someone else to fix their problems, so when no-one comes along what are they supposed to do...?

I'm not saying it's right or wrong.  I think it's weak, but you've got to be able to see that some situations must be so overwhelming.
And some people try so hard for so long, that they end up drained, and they don't have the strength to look for the good.  You know the old theory, that it takes more muscles to smile than frown (I think that's it anyway)...

And then there are those that turn to god... I'm not trying to spark a new debate here so I'll leave my opinions on that quiet, apart from saying, "we are a lazy society, bend on having someone else sort out our problems..."

As for the poem, I really liked it.  And to be totally honest, I don't like all that much here.  I could see it being some sort of rap song, and the way you 'spoke' (should I say typed), was a bit that way too!!
heh heh... Anyway I see a lot of potential.
(WOW, Wood says you have potential, whoopie!)

Keep posting.

Wood_Stock

*If you flap hard enough, whos to say you won't fly?*

keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
10 posted 2002-02-19 03:14 PM

I can say I have been the person in this poem. I have had problems and thought of ways to fix them. Let's just say they were all negative. I finally opened my eyes and quit stressin' It's harder for some people to do that. Great post. I can relate. Unfortunately.
Jon

"Only God can judge me" Tupac Shakur
"Sometimes it takes a painful loss to realize you are free"- Bouncing Souls

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
11 posted 2002-02-20 06:28 AM

I agree with chas...you control everything that you do to the way you feel...Nothing and nobody can tell you what to do, what to say or how to say it or do it...Besides your mind...But anyways this was a very good poem!!!

~ShAtTeReD mEmOrIeS,
aRe AlL i HaVe LeFt,
Of YoU aNd Me.~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » a simple question

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary