navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Boxes of memories
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Boxes of memories Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut

0 posted 2002-02-17 12:54 PM

Yesterday I walked home
My only thought Of dieing
And watched my feet pace quickly
Through eyes wet from crying

But then a thought struck me
A most pecular notion
That maybe I dont need him
this set my mind in motion

What are guys but tools in life
That we don't need to use
And as I walked home that day
My anger began to fuse

As I entered my house then
I gathered up all the __
of what reminded me of him
And now here it sits

What should I do with it?
burn it? not right for me
I'll give it away thats it
The the contents I'll never see

I'm over him, I tell myself
but God, that great smile
Oh damn my knees are going weak
Maybe I'll keep that box a while

Exeryone makes mistake, learn from them and move on, because tomorrow we'll make more...

[This message has been edited by Dopey_Dope (02-21-2002 11:43 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Lisa Bednarz - All Rights Reserved
HiddenSparklez
since 2000-12-29
Posts 190
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2002-02-17 01:56 AM

Don't you hate it when you have to make a tough decision, especially when it comes to "ex's" in general? Good write.

"You do what you do, you say what you say, you try to be everything to everyone... come on now, do that stupid dance for me" -Everclear

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2002-02-21 11:44 PM

I enjoyed the poem and the ending was splendid. I had to edit out the *'s that were present in the poem because they refer to a cuss regardless. Otherwise, I thought the poem was a very well written one.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

Lisa_bebe15
since 2001-11-15
Posts 151
Florida
3 posted 2002-02-22 08:39 PM

I know how it feels..my b/f broke up with me two weeks ago..now he let me back in his life yesterday..after he cheated on me..kissed another girl..asked me back out yesterday..and now he is leaving me again..sad eh?  I know I have felt like ending my life alot because of him..if u have aim my sn is LisaPigtails100 please IM me..or e-mail me..

"Water Over Matter"

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
4 posted 2002-02-23 12:19 PM

This wAs a cute poem..its so hard o get over guys....ugh!!! They can jus be sooooo annoying!! Im sorry he hurt you though ::hugs::

mE & cHrIsTiNe GaVe A WhOlE nEw mEaNiNg tO ThE wOrD "iNcOgNiTo"

Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
5 posted 2002-02-23 02:06 PM

Just the other day I was hoping I would get the chance to read another poem from you!! hehe wishful thinking works wonders if you do it right I guess anywho, hrm..it's always weird how you can always seem to read a poem at the right time, it's weird..in other words again I liked it it's always a pleasure to read your words, and I'm not being a brown noser either:P take care

Kristen

Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
6 posted 2002-02-24 02:06 AM

this poem rocks my world!  this is exactly how i felt about my ex boyfriend...  in fact i just looked throught that box a couple nights ago, its always fun to look back. i was proud though.. i brough a couple of its contents out of retirement   but anyway... lol great write!
-Justine

-=Love starts with a SMILE, grows with a KISS, and ends with a TEAR=-

Spirit Of Twilight
since 2002-01-11
Posts 116
India
7 posted 2002-02-24 03:04 AM

LBCS,
This is a very nice poem. So hard to get over somebody...so hard to let go!Keep writing!!!
Neha

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Boxes of memories

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary