navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » The love between friends
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic The love between friends Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
See me?
since 2002-02-13
Posts 93
UK

0 posted 2002-02-13 12:14 PM

I love you are three simple words, which can have so many interpretations, as a lover, as a friend, as a parent or relative. In the past when I said these words I was so in love with you my every waking moment was spent thinking, dreaming and wanting you. Now when I say these words I still mean them, I love everything about you but I’m not in love with you. I feel we have a connection a bond which I hope won’t break and this is our friendship, I spend time thinking of you and waiting for the moment you will fill the gap you leave when we part. Even through everything all the pain and misunderstandings I feel that you could be the best friend I ever could have and I hope the underlying love will always be there.

© Copyright 2002 Clare Griffiths - All Rights Reserved
CwboyAtHeart
since 2001-04-14
Posts 541
Selah, WA, USA
1 posted 2002-02-13 08:58 PM

Wow...  This is AWESOME!  I showed this to my friend, and we both were like, "This is SOOOO US!"  It's like as if you were writing about our friendship.  This was an awesome poem, and you did a great job on it.  It's definitely going to my library.  Thanks for posting this!

- Cody -

Note To Self:  If Pigs Can Fly, So Can I!!!

If someboy laughs at me, does that make me funny or just plain stupid?  

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2002-02-13 10:24 PM

This was a really great poem..ur right, love can be interpreted many different ways...nicely done

mE & cHrIsTiNe GaVe A WhOlE nEw mEaNiNg tO ThE wOrD "iNcOgNiTo"

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2002-02-22 12:04 PM

I liked the poem a lot and thought you wrote it well. Hope to see more.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
4 posted 2002-02-23 12:05 PM

This is such a great description of friendship and the strength between two close friends. Very nicely written. Beautiful poem

The day you were born, you were born free
That is your privilege.

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
5 posted 2002-02-28 05:14 AM

this is very well thought out...i can relate to this in more ways then one...beautiful work...keep posting!

Zombie

Torn are her limbs
By quiet hands that
Tug life(color) out of her.
Gnawing edges round
Into a broken(satisfying)
Shadow

Dunphy
since 2002-03-14
Posts 82
Massachusetts USA
6 posted 2002-03-18 02:49 PM

you know it's true i love you are the most powerful words in the world. some mortals like to abuse them or even use them but you need to take the powers of love in your own hands and learn to control it no body eles can but you. god gave you a heart and soul and that is the most wonderful givt you can ever ask for. you do have the hear and soul please don't hide show it to the world. the wrold needs to see it even your self.

love kevin reid
aka dunphy 18 m mass.

ShortSexyAngelOnEarth
since 2001-12-24
Posts 36
im a louisiana cajun princess! lol
7 posted 2002-03-19 01:43 AM

i love this.......truly wonderful. almost makes me cry though, me and my best friend are drifting...... 6 long years of friendship probably about to end it seems. but i love the poem, its great!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » The love between friends

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary