navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Searching for Sky
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Searching for Sky Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...

0 posted 2002-01-10 05:39 PM

You're searching so strenously,
for that which you need.
You want it so deliously;
can you sit still and take heed?

He loves you so dearly,
much more than even I.
For you it isn't seen so clearly,
you walk away with a sigh.

You cry out in the night;
all you need, all you want
is nothing, not even a fright,
just answers, perfectly blunt.

Listen to the words
in the whispers of the night;
so silient, so loving, not obsurd:
They'll lead you to the Light.

I am me, living in my dreams.

© Copyright 2002 Daniel Redding - All Rights Reserved
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
1 posted 2002-01-10 05:46 PM

This one's for a good friend who's searching. It was my way of encouragement. God bless everyone.

Sincerely,
Titus

I am me, living in my dreams.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2002-01-10 05:50 PM

I love this!!! You got straight to the point...

I dont think I have ever read any of your poems, but I am glad that I started!!! Thanks for posting this!!!

If you want something very badly, set it free. If it comes back to you, its yours forever, if it doesnt, it was never yours to begin with"

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
3 posted 2002-01-10 09:13 PM

*grins* Ti, you know my opinion of this but I'm going to say it again. It's beautiful. You're an awesome person, and an even better friend, and I'm sure that *whomever* this is for loves it just as much. I just love the title!

And yes, I am sitting well tonight! *smirks* Your turn is coming, darling, your turn is coming.

You know you're Canadian when if something's broken, the first thing you ask is if it can be fixed with WD-40 or Duct Tape

LCsftball16
since 2001-05-17
Posts 39

4 posted 2002-01-10 09:23 PM

your poem was awesome. it reminds me of how strong God's love is for everyone. thanks~
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
5 posted 2002-01-11 12:22 PM

This was an awesome poem Ti This had a lotta different meanings to me...really made me think...hmm....

yOu GeT wAt u PaId 4 bUt i JuS hAd nO..iNtEnTion oF liVin tHis waY --Counting crows

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
6 posted 2002-01-12 11:28 AM

Listen to the words
in the whispers of the night;
so silient, so loving, not obsurd:
They'll lead you to the Light.

---------------------------------

When you learn to listen to the world around you and to your soul, then you will move in a direction that will surely lead to doors. What's behind those doors? Who knows. But there's only one way to find out. Good luck to your friend. I enjoyed this poem very, very much. It was written in a way that lets your mind wander to your own experiences without losing sight of the subject. Do you know what I mean? Nevermind. lol It's just a common ground brought by truth and expression. Thank you.

The only thing that I fear is to die quietly.

Read between the lines.

jaimespoetry.blogspot.com

Mon Cherie
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-31
Posts 922
Land of Never-ending Summers
7 posted 2002-01-12 12:32 PM

I really love this! It can refer to many things!! Finding answers, light, meaning, truth, and even love. It all applies, doesn't it? To think at first that it doesn't exist, but when you quietly reflect upon yourself, you realise it's there. You just have to reach for it.

_,,,^.^,,,_
Florence

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
8 posted 2002-01-14 07:01 PM

"You cry out in the night;
all you need, all you want
is nothing, not even a fright,
just answers, perfectly blunt."

Sometimes, the answers that are right in front of our faces are the hardest ones to find...

This is a beautifully written poem.  It seems to be said with such a gentle tone... showing very obviously how you feel for her.

Wonderful work.  I enjoyed this so much... as always

--Marie

"It was a long December, but there's reason to believe that maybe this year will be better than the last." (Counting Crows)

PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
9 posted 2002-01-28 05:18 PM

Sorry I never thanked you all for your replys. They mean a lot to me. So, thanks

Titus

Find me a pidgeon, and then I'll know where Zu and Sky are.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Searching for Sky

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary