navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Best Friend
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Best Friend Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
AliveAgain
since 2002-01-07
Posts 9
In the clouds

0 posted 2002-01-07 09:29 PM

this poem is just a way to writing what i'm feeling about the friendship i just lost but realized we were only kidding ourselves cuz she didn't know me at all.

Best Friend

You hear that saying
Best friends hear what you don't say
Well where were you
When I was screaming
Yet my mouth was closed.
You weren't there
Which makes me wonder, ya know?
Were you ever really there
When I was talking
Did you really hear me
Really listen and understand
I don't think so

For if you were
You would really know
Exactly what I'm saying
You would know me
You would know my life
You would know how it is
It's just about others
Mostly my friends
Mostly you.
~R*

If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten, write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
-Ben Franklin

© Copyright 2002 ~R* - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2002-01-07 09:45 PM

I understand your hurt, but even best friends need to communicate....they aren't mind readers, even when we think they should just know, they can't if we don't tell them...powerful first post! Well done * please check your email for a special greeting!

"...and she swears there's nothing wrong
I hear her playin that same ol song"~Fuel~Bad Day

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2002-01-07 10:43 PM

WELCOME TO PASSIONS!!!!!

This was a great first post and im looking forward to reading more from you hopefully in the near future....i'm sorry to hear about your current situation but i also do agree with sea...even best friends do need to communicate because if you stayed friends all that time for a reason

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

Cinderelly
since 2001-12-31
Posts 189
NM, USA
3 posted 2002-01-08 01:10 AM

This is s great poem. I think it puts what a lot of friends go through sometimes into words . . . Great job!
TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
4 posted 2002-01-08 01:19 AM

Yeah this is what happened between me and my best friend a few months ago so I can really relate to your poem.But I guess eventually everyone has to grow apart so I hope thinfgs get better for you.And I really like this poem and can't wait to read more of your work.
  Lauren

"I just needed someone to talk to you were just to busy with yourself."-Staind

"You've got to get yourself together you got stuck in a moment and y

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
5 posted 2002-01-08 07:30 PM

Wonderful poem! I enjoyed it. A good first pippost. Welcome new friend! I know what you're going through, something happend with a dear friend of mine for over three years that's similar. It hurts, but time will heal wounds, trust me. Not completely, but enough to move on to new friends, new people. Good luck, and hope to see more of you here and on teenchat.

Sincerely,
Titus

The One, The Only... The Titus.

Belle19
since 2001-12-17
Posts 19
California
6 posted 2002-01-08 07:37 PM

Very Nice, I really liked it. I am going through the same exact thing with my best friend, well ex. Whatever you want to call it. Keep up the good work, and hang in their. :-)

"If you don't like something, change it.  If you can't change it, change the way you think about it" :-)

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
7 posted 2002-01-08 07:39 PM

Wonderful writing my dear! I can't say that I know where you're coming from, but you described your hurt very well. Welcome to Passions!

You know you're Canadian when if something's broken, the first thing you ask is if it can be fixed with WD-40 or Duct Tape

just_me
since 2001-10-24
Posts 19

8 posted 2002-01-08 09:53 PM

I like they way you wrote this.. it brings out the feelings that you have. Very well done... very easy to relate to... Thanks for the write!
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
9 posted 2002-01-09 06:17 PM

We all go through that stage in life but one day you will find someone that is meant for you to trust and be good friends with...

Have you ever heard the say, "falling in love is when you give someone a piece of your heart, and falling out of love is when the piece no longer fits"

Well its just like friendship...

If you want something very badly, set it free. If it comes back to you, its yours forever, if it doesnt, it was never yours to begin with"

[This message has been edited by ERIN (01-09-2002 06:17 PM).]

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
10 posted 2002-01-13 08:18 PM

Welcome to Passions in Poetry

I'm so glad you decided to joing us here Wonderfl first post... I enjoyed it, and I look forward to seeing much more.

Again, welcome

--Marie

"It was a long December, but there's reason to believe that maybe this year will be better than the last." (Counting Crows)

TigerZ
since 2002-01-02
Posts 83
Ontario, Canada
11 posted 2002-01-13 09:29 PM

Very nice poem!  I know exactly what you were saying cause the same thing happened to me a few years ago.  Please keep writing

A life without loveā€¦is no life at all.

Mon Cherie
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-31
Posts 922
Land of Never-ending Summers
12 posted 2002-01-13 11:56 PM

WELCOME TO PASSIONS!!

This is indeed a very well-expressed poem. Sad, of course, but I hope you will soon work out the differences you have with your friend. Talk it out! You never know how much can be worked out when 2 friends talk over a cup of coffee. Trust me

_,,,^.^,,,_
Florence

Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA
13 posted 2002-02-02 02:42 PM

Hmm Im exactly going through that right now..she doesn't listen and I don't know why I hang on..she says she has no time and yet she hangs out with her new bf and friends from work and has no time for me..and when I explained this to her she got upset..but this was good...really it was...

Kristen

LCBS
since 2001-11-29
Posts 532
Connecticut
14 posted 2002-02-02 03:18 PM

Sometimes people are so caught up in there own problems, they don't see how much we are hurting.  Best friends are human beings too, and they have faults.  Talk to your friend, tell her you care, because fights just make you stronger, and a strong relationship really helps at the ages we are now.  Next time you are screaming with your mouth closed, gice some kind of hand signal, because if she knows your in trouble, she'll try to help!

LCBS

I was drowning in my own tears, until you threw me a life preserver

aaron woodside
since 2001-09-26
Posts 256

15 posted 2002-02-05 12:37 PM

Welcome to Passions!!!   Ya I know I'm a little late.   Good first post, I can really feel where you are coming from.  You expressed your emotions quite well.  Also I loved the quote from Ben Franklin.

ex animo,
Aaron

There are no great men, only men in great circumstances.

lauren03
since 2002-01-04
Posts 64
oh, usa
16 posted 2002-02-06 01:49 PM

i know exactly how you feel, my "best friend" is doing the same thing to me. she's got to much goin on in her life to be a friend to me, but im always there for her. i know it hurts and i know it makes you mad but sometimes you just gotta let it go, i'm lost without her but i know one day she'll wake up and realize what's she doin to her best friend and she'll feel bad, you just gotta wait till she comes around.
Heavens Tears
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-03-15
Posts 677

17 posted 2002-02-06 04:56 PM

Welcome to Passions.  This was a wonderful first post.  Like the others, I can relate to this.  Me and my best friend of over 2 years are, lets put it this way, not best friends anymore.  But you shouldnt give up on your friend, b/c sometimes 2 people want the exact same thing w/out stopping to realize it.  Maybe she wants you to hear her too.  But either way, I hope that everything works out for you.  You really shouldnt throw away something as precious as a friend.
sleepymoongirl
since 2001-04-19
Posts 157
bc canada
18 posted 2002-02-07 12:36 PM

i'm sorry to hear about your situation and welcome to piptalk i hope to read more of your work! =D

as u go in life there will be ur hardships it is up to u if it makes u or breaks u.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Best Friend

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary