navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Time Is On My Side
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Time Is On My Side Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Wheelsgirl
since 2001-02-09
Posts 21
MA, USA

0 posted 2001-12-08 05:28 PM

Time Is On My Side

Time is such a delicate thing,
It’s something that is hard to understand,
It’s not even an object to hold so I’m told.

I on the other hand don’t believe that’s true,
Time is such a complicated thing,
But yet it is a beautiful thing,

Time is on my side because I can graduate with all my friends.
Time is on my side because I will get to experience the real world for
what it really is.
Time is on my side because it isn’t my time to die.

Can you count the endless movement of time?
No, time is something that I live my life by.

Today I feel that time has just stopped,
And because of this I’ve become breathless,
Time is so essential that I can’t even dream of being myself without it.

Time is on my side because I can graduate with all my friends.
Time is on my side because I will get to experience the real world for
what it really is.
Time is on my side because it isn’t my time to die.

© Copyright 2001 Kelly Gambon - All Rights Reserved
HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
1 posted 2001-12-08 07:17 PM

Hmm.... don't know what to say to this, never did like to comment on peoples work.  Hmm, It's good, better than my stuff, at any rate.  I like it, time is on your side, you have a life to live, we all do.  Let nothing slow you down.  And one thing, keep your posts to about three a day, less s better you'll get more replys.

Don't Drink and Park!
Accidents may cause People!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
2 posted 2001-12-13 03:40 PM

that's a good way at looking at time.
Being positive in life is always a good thing
You should keep thinking this way
thanks for the read

là où est mon amour?
donde está mi amour?
wo ist meine Liebe?
Nelly Furtado é a menina a mais bonita no mundo largo do todo.

TopGunLauren
since 2000-08-02
Posts 718
California
3 posted 2001-12-18 02:00 AM

Veyr positive outlook on time which is good I like this one keep up the awsome work.
    Lauren

"I just needed someone to talk to you were just to busy with yourself."-Staind

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
4 posted 2001-12-18 09:57 AM

Very positive poem...i enjoyed it a lot! Its nice to see some optimism around here  

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

Wheelsgirl
since 2001-02-09
Posts 21
MA, USA
5 posted 2001-12-23 03:48 PM

Thank you everybody! I'm really glad you all like it. It's actually something I wrote for my best friend and I. Neither one of us is really expecting to make it to graduation... And to our surprise we will... On Wednesday, June 12, 2002! I'd just like to say congrats to the rest on the Brayton High School (Massachusetts Hospital School) class of 2002... We made it!!!!!
Android 18
since 2002-02-20
Posts 61
Austrailia (My DreamLand)
6 posted 2002-02-24 10:15 PM

Hey, congrdulations on graduating Wheelsgirl!! When you're young, time is definatly on your side!

Anyways, about you're poems, I think you are so right, time is very delicate and no one mustn't waste it. Time is nothing none of us can see, nor touch, we can only feel it. Feel it as it washes over us and over whelms the unprepared.

Anyways, great poem!! Good luck and best of wishes!!

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2002-02-25 03:05 AM

Hey, well I liked the poem for what it was saying, for the most part. I did happen to realize that the title was kind of taken from the Rolling Stones song, or at least inspired by it. I would comment on "Time" itself being endless and the "Being" of "time" being far more complicated than any poem could ever imagine in the nihilistic point of view, but I don't think I'll delve into that because even I can't claim to know enough about it to make a valid arguement. I will say this, though, and it's kind of out of the way of being positive, but who's to say that dying is negative? And who's to say that time stops for death when it could just keep on going within another dimensional aspect of reality? In other words, the poem was well done and understood, but there are a lot of philosophical misconceptions within the poem that kind of bothered me a bit. For the most part, the poem rocked though   Well done.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Somewhere out there a cow is laughing at you

[This message has been edited by Dopey_Dope (02-25-2002 03:08 AM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » Time Is On My Side

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary