navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » [[attention]]
Teen Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic [[attention]] Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz

0 posted 2002-05-22 10:57 PM

i'm really sorry i haven't been around at all in the last little while, but i'm in the process of moving again, and thus my computer [and my sister's, and every other one we have in our house] is in storage.  however, i will be making more appearances around here in a few weeks.  oh, and since wh did teen chat disappear?

and on to the poem.

any thoughts?  views?  critiques?

.. . ..... . .. . .... ..

Her insecurities
hidden behind
ovaries and vanilla
perfume
           [confusion
                     illusion
                             delusion]

Who should she love?

/jen/

so foul and fair a day i have not seen.  - macbeth act 1, scene 3

© Copyright 2002 jennifer elizabeth - All Rights Reserved
Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
1 posted 2002-05-23 05:37 PM

I really like this. It actually sort of reminds me of a poem I just posted. These kind of things are interesting to me. We all have insecurties and the only difference is our way of handling them. I liked what you used for representation (ovaries and vanilla perfume) and then the confusion, illusion, delusion which showed how we tend to form these illusions in our heads to as a way of defence... and then the straight forward but very complex question of "Who should she love?" At first I took it as who in her environment should she love, but then I thought of it as being that she should love herself but can not seem to do it. I don't know. I have difficulty explaining the thoughts twisting around in my head. So I'll get straight to the point: I enjoyed it thoroughly and I'm glad to see that you're at least visting when you get the chance.  

Oh and I don't know why it disappeared. I disappeared for a while myself and then I come back and it's gone.

Cheer up. It could be worse. You could be a lima bean. And I could be eating you.

[This message has been edited by Dark Enchantress (05-23-2002 05:39 PM).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2002-06-10 11:40 PM

Welcome back!! I hope to see your poems MORE often because I like your poetry a lot. Teen chat was erased due to some issues...but I do hope that you will continue to participate in the poetry forums. The poem was short, but awesome. I liked it a lot.

This message has been brought to you by the letter 'Y'

Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

3 posted 2002-06-11 05:47 PM

Very cool. Sometimes the shortest poems are the best because they say the most. Not that I know anything... So don't listen to me. I just like the poem...

(I talk to much.)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #5 » [[attention]]

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary