navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #14 » Snow Dragons…part III
Open Poetry #14
Post A Reply Post New Topic Snow Dragons…part III Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...

0 posted 2001-07-06 06:03 AM

Snow Dragons…part III

"The Guardians"

Descending into the frozen highlands, still haunted by the echoes from the forest
Those darkest memories briefly displaced by the majestic image now before him
Iced cerulean spires break through the swirling mist, glistening in the alpine sun
Luminous prisms cast rainbowed beams across the land, beckons welcome deep within

Monolithic pillars stand steadfast, frozen sentinels, ever watchful over the citadel of ice
He descends into the churning miasma; a sense of unease envelops him, like a shroud
Winds whip up the blinding snow and the earth trembles, as it struggles to breathe
All around the hostile earth erupts with thunderous roar, as if the Gods cried out aloud

Laid prone on the dank earth as his mount took fright, and disappeared into a smouldering crevice
Fissures erupting, expelling steam and fire; monuments explode, raining down in shards of ice
Ghostly sight of shadowed figures stirring through the haze, a familiar, haunting, silhouette
With fearful eyes and rage filled heart, sword drawn high; called to atone, there'd be a price!

Ethereal demons, akin to naught ever seen before, thought loosed to reign an unceasing terror  
A quickening, an almost soundless movement, more sensed than seen through half blinded eye
A startled cry, an impulsive pivot, and wild slashing thrust of that lethal sword, catching flesh
Took just one look and the knight he knew, 'twas the day today, and he was here to die!

All around now, clearly seen they lumbered closer, across the cold, and blood soaked ground
With their eyes aflame and nostrils flared, their circle of fear engulfed, there'd be no retreat
Desired not mischief, merely took fright from the storm, but a careless stroke had laid her down
Cut down in flight, mortally wounded by that brutal blow, a youthful Dragon lay dying at his feet

"Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our
feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." ~unknown

© Copyright 2001 E.T. Meehan - All Rights Reserved
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

1 posted 2001-07-06 10:39 AM

WOWSERS Eagle...
you went for the imagery in this big time
this is so cool...the saga continues...
and with clever masterful storytelling.
well done poet sir.
take care, watch out for those dragons.
jm

We're all feeding our lonely like it might go away,
Like the doors of heaven will swing wide open if we just find the right words to say.
~E. McCain

Mother_Earth
since 2000-11-20
Posts 1370
1/2 year Texas & 1/2 year Michigan
2 posted 2001-07-06 10:08 PM

Eagle One, this is great!  I hate to admit it, but I am sometimes hoping the dragon wins.  What a picture of words you have given to us.  Please say this isn't the last one!!  Take care, friend,  ME
Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
3 posted 2001-07-07 01:21 AM

I was beginning to wonder if you were gonna post this one...splendiferous my friend
Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan
4 posted 2001-07-07 08:57 AM

Your pen never ceases to amaze me my
friend...you keep telling me that these
don't come easy...I think if you would stop
fighting me and agree that you ARE a poet
they would stop making you work so hard  
Love you my friend...this is awesome!

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
5 posted 2001-07-08 06:19 AM

Janet ~ I think you to kind my poet friend, but I do thank you. Always watching, you just never know with those Dragons.  

M E ~ Stay tuned! The final chapter is just around the corner and you never can tell what will happen when Dragons are involved.  

Paula ~ So was I Paula, I'm still not entirely happy with this one, but…!

Butterflies ~ As always my dear friend your biased words are most welcomed.   I've come to think that deep down we are ALL poets. You take care my friend!

"Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our
feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." ~unknown

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
6 posted 2001-07-12 06:52 AM

EagleOne~
'He descends into the churning miasma; a sense of unease envelops him'

How very, very descriptive !
The air of mystery draws me on to the next~
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
                                 noles1@totcon.com              

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #14 » Snow Dragons…part III

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary