navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #14 » Intrusion---one I wrote last July, long before I foundPIP
Open Poetry #14
Post A Reply Post New Topic Intrusion---one I wrote last July, long before I foundPIP Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon

0 posted 2001-06-27 01:01 PM

Intrusion
Virginia Salter

Quiet clusters rest
as gentle strummings
reverb air waves
distant rumble intrudes

closer, closer
louder
thoughts tumble
answers sought
rails fill
box and flat cars

upset peace
solitude
with a call to roam
to adventure

too quickly
passing by
no patience
leaves
lonely, wandering hearts
behind

© July 5,  2000

© Copyright 2001 Virginia Salter - All Rights Reserved
Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

1 posted 2001-06-27 06:02 PM

Noisy intrusions at that it sounds like...

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
2 posted 2001-06-27 06:28 PM

Oh as a Dutchie I do need my Webster here (yes I have a real original Webster from way back when I got married in the States)

Don't understand all the words, but reading it loud (to myself) they sounded very nice.

I think it's a nice poem VAS.

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace&naventryid=100

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
3 posted 2001-06-27 07:29 PM

Titia, I was attending an outdoor concert in the park.  The gentle strummings on the guitar, the vocal rising and falling, then all be drowned out with the sound of a passing train, its rumble on the tracks, bringing a 'wanderlust' to this hearer to ride it out of town.  Imagining, I was, that others were being called to ride as well, but it would not wait for us.  It having left, the reverb...the echo of its rumble and rattle on the tracks, fading away, we settled down again to the soft, easy listening music.  Then, as in the beginning of the rumble, we felt intruded upon...that we'd missed some of the music because of its rude disregard.

One of my favorite songs, oldies, is "The Wayward Wind."  It talks about the "sound of the outward bound" calling the man to wander from his promise to his sweetheart.

Auguste
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 3953
By the sea
4 posted 2001-06-28 05:11 AM

Virginia,

Trains...I live MUCH too close to the tracks...did I come from the wrong side of the tracks?     Hey, there is no wrong side of the tracks as far as I'm concerned.   I enjoyed this and your explanation to Titia was so very sweet.  Thank you.

Michael

Michael Auguste~
There is more depth to the heart than the human mind can comprehend and it only has boundaries when we choose to fence it in.  

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
5 posted 2001-06-28 05:20 AM

Yeah VAS I love that song too!  I love your explanation and this is a wonderful write!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #14 » Intrusion---one I wrote last July, long before I foundPIP

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary