navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » Non Stars On Hollywood Boulevard
Open Poetry #13
Post A Reply Post New Topic Non Stars On Hollywood Boulevard Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2001-05-16 07:04 PM

Non Stars On Hollywood Boulevard

Who would dare inquire why we come together in copulative desire
never quite understanding the purpose behind the need to pursue the succulent interplay necessary
to sustain this journey to attain the goal only a few will ever experience or know.
No doubt about it we don't all make it.
Some get dumped in the valleys and alleys of Santa Monica Boulevard.
Or lost in the hustle and the bustle of Venice beach
to pursue the muscle tone far from their reach.
Isn't it true a certain number of bodies is necessary on any given day to be used and abused and discarded like yesterdays lovers?
It seems pretty obvious to me that I have lost my way even thou I gave it all I've got
but that was not the way to gain the right part of Hollywood Boulevard.
Or perhaps some merely failed to sleep with the correct producer or seducer.  
Who really knows the preconceived interplay requirements that will come into play to win our way.
If only it was possible to give and receive in exact platitude's.
how easy it would become to receive the rewards to which each entertainer has earned his due.
How unnecessary it would become to suffer rejection, or defeat or the pain and emptiness associated with those who try and fail and try and fail
and never willl quite understand why they are left feeling hurt and alone, the object of rejection.
Never quite goood enough or measuring up or possessing the beauty or brain or personality or energy or charisma that would enable them to secure a star on Hollywood Boulevard.

Jameslee@May16,2001

© Copyright 2001 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 2001-05-16 08:35 PM

I guess it is an endless cycle, for some. But I suppose we are all in that trap, to some degree, at one time or another, trying to win the approval of others. It sure is a dead end objective. Great thoughts in this James!
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2001-05-17 05:30 PM

I believe I'm in that endless cycle...thanks for reading and responding Denise...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » Non Stars On Hollywood Boulevard

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary