navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » After the Transformation from Jenn to Temptress (let us linger for a moment?)
Open Poetry #13
Post A Reply Post New Topic After the Transformation from Jenn to Temptress (let us linger for a moment?) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL

0 posted 2001-05-03 09:51 PM

Temptingly wicked,
Eyes thrown into a low stare,
Harsh passion made on a dare.
Eventually seduced by love,
A beauty tamed by silken words,
Enticed by impossibilities,
Tamed and owned,
While she embraced harder,
The sensual word seductress role,
Exploring to depths once shunned,
By her normally *Jenn* blushing face.

still d-i-s-c-o-n-n-e-c-t-e-d
I am bound by this, you see...to become Night's sole mistress, and I am jealous in my endeavours for his attention.

© Copyright 2001 Jennifer - All Rights Reserved
Masked Intruder
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 Tours
since 1999-05-23
Posts 1231
Near golden sunsets
1 posted 2001-05-03 10:16 PM

Heya darlin, how are things over there?  

I've had a wet day here, I felt like I jumped in a lake with all my clothes on as I walked back from class.  It was raining rivers, quite literally, I think.  I am so glad that school is almost over for the year.  Only a week and a few days left until summer's imaginary freedom and a fulltime job.  *grins*  

In regards to your enTempting series, I've only got a few things to say.  
1.)  I really love both of your names, and at times find it hard to decide which I like the most.
2.)  I thought I'd add that I LOVE your picture!
3.)  It is an interesting idea to explore the multiple personalities presented by your self in each name you use.  
4.)  I just took a chemistry test, and I've decided that I don't really like chemistry anymore.
5.)  Did I ever tell you that your word choice is enchanting?  I will, don't worry.
6.)  Your paranthetical titles amuse me entirely too much, for reasons as yet to be figured out.
7.)  I tried to spell something with the first letters of each line in this poem, but my normally amazing spelling skills failed me for the night.
8.)  I thought for a moment that your freeverse was about to be turned into a rhyming variation after the 2nd and 3rd lines rhymed, but that hypothesis was destroyed after the next few lines.  I am absolutely enthralled that you've remained true to your free verse.
9.)  "Enticed by impossibilites", yep...that about sums up the most of my life.  I am all over enjoying that sentence completely.  I might even make a poster out of it and put it on my wall.
10.)  And another line I loved, "her normally *Jenn* blushing face".  That image, combined with your gorgeous accent (Yes, hon, you have one) create the most entirely YOU picture I can think of.  
14.)  You are amazing.
15.)  You are incredible.
16.)  You are real.
17.)  You are intelligent.
18.)  You are the "embodiment of pulchritude".
24.)  And I love ya!

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. -- Navajo Proverb

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
2 posted 2001-05-03 11:21 PM

ok.  masked said all i wanted to an more.     *hugs*  and ya know i love ya toooooooooo  
love ya
jesse

I been gone for weeks, I ain't slept days
I can't find myself in this self made maze
It's been so long since I've been fine
I'm just tryin' to see

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
3 posted 2001-05-04 12:37 PM

Ahh..The elusive Masked One!   How excellent to see you.   Things are well enough over here.   Misting ya! Full time job, eh? Don't forget to feed your spirit with some fun! Wet?   I thought you liked the rain?

1. Glad you like the names.   You are one of few who know the origins.
2. Thank you!  
3. It certainly is interesting, and I have soo many to do now! LOL!
4. Chemistry? Whats that?   Never learned it.
5. I think you just did, and thank you!  
6. I'm certainly glad you think about them!   The parenthesis are usually afterthoughts. *shrugs* When you know..let me know.  
7. Four of the first letter of lines spell heat. Can ya guess if I did it on purpose or not?  
8. The rhyme was by accident. I didn't intend it, but I figured to replace it would take away from the poem.   I did do some rhyme in here recently. It would require a search though.  
9. My line, a poster on your wall? Sweetie, I'd be honored.   Only if ya promise! Glad you can relate..I think..
10.  I am so glad you can see me, as few can or will. ACCENT?   What accent?  
14. Thank you! You're pretty amazing yourself, hon!
15. Thank you again.  
16. I try to be.  
17. I could hope!   I'm glad you think so!
18. Dictionary? ROTFL! Or my tired brain perhaps..LOL!   I'll get it before then night is over, but coming from you, I'm sure its a compliment.  
24. ~~*warm fuzzy *Jenn* Grins~~ love and hugs to you, hon! Still misting ya!

Jesse,
You two flatter me just too much, yanno? You guys are gonna make my ego the size of the earth! Nah..never happen..I'll just get all misty eyed and say Thank You.  

Cuddlez
since 1999-11-27
Posts 422
Walla Walla, WA 99362
4 posted 2001-05-04 01:12 AM

:-)...
Makes me laugh and want to say I understand about the chemistry test. I had a spanish and a chem test yesterday, and a math test tonight... ACCHH!
You seem very eager to explore all facets of your personality. !Bravisimo!

Time flies? Say it not so, time stays we go.

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
5 posted 2001-05-04 12:55 PM

Can I just say that I hope that there aren't too many more of you in there??  

Great poem. . .

----------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

[This message has been edited by Sven (edited 05-06-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #13 » After the Transformation from Jenn to Temptress (let us linger for a moment?)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary