navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Keine Existenz
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Keine Existenz Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mad_Hatter
since 2003-06-29
Posts 393
Canada

0 posted 2003-08-24 05:04 AM

I stare into my hand, I watch the sixth finger grow
My moment of glory, really just another weakness
Look into my eyes, see how fragile this is
The sixth finger is now formed
Closer to god than he never let me be
Keine Existenz
It’s hard to speak to the television
Yet we’re on all fours licking the remote control
I guess as they point at me they see
My seven tongues, from my seven heads
I’m just a story from the biggest magazine of all
And now I’m the fallen one with six fingers
And broken wings, left to ponder unholy things
Heißen Sie willkommen zur Hölle, die ich geschaffen habe
They got rid of me, to renew their hope
So they removed my sixth finger
Through the glare of the rifles scope
I know you don’t want me
You can’t see me
You can’t be me
You can’t need me
A plague upon society
Heißen Sie willkommen zur Hölle, die ich geschaffen habe

© Copyright 2003 Ryan - All Rights Reserved
littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
1 posted 2003-08-24 10:05 AM

Welcome to the hell I have created . . .

well, yes at least you have the insight
to realize such things but society you just have to kind of ignore and carry on in your own manner . . . this is an amazing write
Hatter . . . especially the lines:

Yet we’re on all fours licking the remote control

Makes me feel like society is nice and comfy having us as puppets . . .
and I do despise that thought.
Rebel it actually, being myself

You certainly have existence, which is so
apparent here in this enlightening write
xxoo

[This message has been edited by littlewing (08-24-2003 10:07 AM).]

eor
since 2002-09-26
Posts 959
blues & greys
2 posted 2003-08-24 11:48 PM

"I know you don’t want me
You can’t see me
You can’t be me
You can’t need me
A plague upon society"

Fantastic write,
i am not quite sure about the sixth finger though, is it a metaphore for an outcast from society, of something that personifies yourself within you and gives yur writing special meaning, i don't knwo german, but maybe littlewing translated it, if id does mean welcome to the hell I have created , then the hell within yourself maybe the manifestation of the sixth finger, but anyways great write

"in a past life i was a woodcarver's knife: the sharpend blade of a wood cutter, the eldest son of the chief's brother: a maker of drums"

Mad_Hatter
since 2003-06-29
Posts 393
Canada
3 posted 2003-08-25 04:00 AM

The sixth finger is a biblical refference to angels.  Angels are said to have six fingers.  The beast with the seven heads is the anti christ.  Essentially it's just about being outcast from society, about being in a place that doesn't want you.  Yes little wing translated it correctly.  "welcome to the hell that I have created".  Evil is blamed on something, evil is always directed towards something or someone.  We find our scapegoats, to distract from the truth.  I will leave the rest to your imagination.
littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
4 posted 2003-08-25 02:06 PM

Ryan, I never knew that about angels, and look at my name!  I adore angels . . . thanks for the info and this write
*smile*
xxoo

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
5 posted 2003-08-25 05:26 PM

I am learning...it's taking time, but I am learning. I think when you have one mindset, and it's all you know, and it's you, and who you are then you don't understand things you don't understand. I know that made no sense, but if you don't understand because you've never been there, and never been that other thing then it's not your train of thought. It's not your thought processes so you don't get it, but I think I am learning (and you can sure *definately* correct me if i'm wrong with NO hard feelings at all!) that there are some people that have a side to them that is not nice at all, but it's *not* what they want....it's what they are, and they feel they are ANTI-God, and that God will NEVER have anything to do with them so there's no use even trying. I get this sense that they *think* they can't fight it..it's just there predestination? There's a word Perdition. Is this what you are talking about. Please help. I would like to understand this. I am, after all, a fellow human being. I would like to know about all things this world has in it. I see this as something that this kind of person feels no hope of change becasue they think it's an innate, inborn thing. Am I right about *any* of this?

Confused, ?
SharaRose @-->--

Of sound, and speech let all lift the hearer!

Mad_Hatter
since 2003-06-29
Posts 393
Canada
6 posted 2003-08-25 05:54 PM

Well essentially, it's feeling like you don't belong in this world.  They don't want me because I don't believe in god, they don't want me because i dress differently.  They don't want me, because I threaten the fragility of society.  It's not so much the idea of "god" that is wrong with the world, it's the idea of religion.  People made religion to gain power over people and it worked.  It is a failed form of control.  But, because I don't believe, I have the ability to tell people all of the things they don't want to hear.  I hope this answers some of your questions?  Essentially though, it's just about not belonging and having the world blame its problems on you.
SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
7 posted 2003-08-25 10:32 PM

Well Hatter, God is ANTI- religion. He is the one that sent Jesus out, and He debunked religion, Jesus debunked religion, and the *religious* leaders had him killed because in their religiosity they said HE blasphmed God. I sent you an email, but as I sat here, and wrote a comment in this comment box (which got lost because I lost my connection) I answered my own question that I mentioned in the email. Anyway..here is a website that will answer alot of things. www.equip.org.  
Type in predestination, selection, all sorts of questions. I haven't used this site yet so I am going to go there tonight, and look around. A neighbor told me about it yesterday, and he does alot of Bible studying.
I enjoyed reading all the biblical references in this write. I had a feeling it was about the Anti-christ. When you were speaking about the 7 heads like the 7 seals.

Bless ya bunches,
SharaRose @-->--

Mad_Hatter
since 2003-06-29
Posts 393
Canada
8 posted 2003-08-25 10:38 PM

Yes I was refering to the anti-christ.  The anti-christ is representitive as a symbol of fear.  When in actuality, anyone who does not believe in christ is an anti-christ.  It's just another way that the bible tries to instill fear in it's readers.  We are supposed to fear this monster with seven heads, who has come to burn the crucifix on our wall.  When in actuality, it's just saying that we are supposed to fear the people who don't believe in christ.
somethinginyoursocks
since 2003-03-27
Posts 28
IN, the U.S. of A.
9 posted 2003-08-25 11:28 PM

Hatter, you have some interesting views.  It was made quite clear in your post and following posts.
Since religion has been brought up (yet, I try to make a simple point, not argument), I'd like to tell you that there is no God like Jehovah.  Yes, God does require us to fear Him.  But, who in their right minds would want a God that does such a terrible thing as making you fear Him?  So, many have deduced that He doesn't exist simply because "He's so terrible".  Okay, so He doesn't exist.  How did His existence come to be?  Man.  Man would have to have created this 'terrible' God.  You pointed out (with some skill, I might add) that religion is sometimes used to control a people (such as a nation).  But, how far back does Christianity ACTUALLY go?  It goes far beyond the coming of Christ in the flesh.  A definition of 'christian' is 'Christ-like' and the most common Sunday-school lesson is that the Father and the Son and the Spirit are one.  So, when you are being Christ-like, you are also Father-like.  When king David followed God wholeheartedly and was called "A man after God's own heart", since he also believed in the coming of the Messiah, he was a christian.  All B.C. (and a few A.D.) Jews knew of the coming of the Son and were not a nation until much after Egyptian captivity.  Why did they need a God to control them in their captivity?  Was it instead to comfort them?  This is the same God that put them in captivity.  Just some thoughts for you.  If you want to further this discussion, feel free to email me.
About the poem, it was very stunning.  There were a few awkward moments with rhythm and flow, but all in all it was a good piece.  Try not to make your metaphors too hard to grasp by hiding it.  What you DON'T say is just as important was what you DO say.  Just some good advice to further your great knowledge of poetic verse.

-I don't need a signature-

Mad_Hatter
since 2003-06-29
Posts 393
Canada
10 posted 2003-08-26 12:15 PM

Thank you for your feedback.  Essentially I believe alot of people continue to believe in god blindly because they fear the idea of god so much, that they are afraid of what will happen to them if they don't believe.
somethinginyoursocks
since 2003-03-27
Posts 28
IN, the U.S. of A.
11 posted 2003-08-26 10:46 PM

You see, Hatter, that's the thing.  Some people are smart and realize the logic and blindly have faith.  As a matter of fact, God requires us to have blind faith and to trust Him entirely.  This has a negative connotation, but for the sake of time (I have calculus homework to do!) that's how I'll word it.
Of course, you do have a point (even though you didn't clearly state it, or maybe you didn't even think it) that society has made people think that they need to have a religion without desiring it themselves as an individual.

-I don't need a signature-

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
12 posted 2003-08-28 10:34 AM

Hi Hatter...I am replying to your comment you left for me above. The other day when I feared God.. that was Satan playing tricks with emotions, and confusion. He is, after all, the author of confusion. I questioned God, and why He would set his son up for such a horrible death. I don't deny that, and I battled with that for days, but I have been told by several people that all people at one time, or another question God, so I won't accept *condemnation* from anyone anywhere, anytime. With all that said there's still this that comes to mind...You speak of Fear...Fearing God has happened to me in 2 ways...God-fearing is being mindful of what he would want me to do, and that brings knowledge. I have found *personally,* not on someone else's word, or word of mouth, but my own personal experience is that HE knows what's best for me even when I don't. Second is when I feared what he would do to me if I didn't believe, and that was as recent as this questioning God. I was struck with fear that I would go to Hell. Then it all came back to me *(this shows how crafty SATAN is)* that Jesus died for this. This is the thing Jesus made his mark on. The ability to escape Hell's clutches, and free us to live in the Heavenlies with the Father. Not to mention live in *PEACE* while we are here. Like I had mentioned to you in the email...If I were wrong about all this, and God wasn't real, If I were to err I would rather ERR on the side of *good* rather than evil. When all the smoke cleared, and I could see clearly again, and the game Satan plays with the mind it all really showed itself to be just what it was.....SATANS tricks. I remembered that SATAN brings no good thing, and even when it seems he does he's really only dangled in front of your eyes something good as a trap. The end is a detriment to you. I don't feel that with God. So it comes down to trusting someone that loves me verus trusting one that would lead me to my sure death in the end. I *don't* trust SATAN. I do trust God. So all said, and done even if I could never rationalize Jesus's death I would still know that it was for *mankinds* good. If not then why would it deliver from a Hellacious place? Thanks so much for sharing all of your thoughts, and beliefs, and please don't think they meant nothing, because that's not true. God loves you.....no matter what it seems like, He still loves you!!! If he can love a mess like me, He can love anyone!

SharaRose @-->--

[This message has been edited by SharaRose (08-28-2003 10:43 AM).]

Mad_Hatter
since 2003-06-29
Posts 393
Canada
13 posted 2003-08-29 04:32 AM

Im going to share something with you.  I've told many people this and I don't expect you to understand, but here I go.  If I knew 100% for sure that god existed, I still wouldn't want to love him and I still wouldn't love him.  I can't believe in something so hollow, something that so blatantly never believed in me.  You talk of Jesus saving man kind from hell, well, who then I ask was it that created hell?  Who was it that allegedly killed their own son?  Jesus Christ and god are just made up celebrities in my opinion, we roll out their red carpets and pour their chapaigne and yet all they have ever given us is a few more oceans to seperate people.  And my final point before I end this rant, you don't need a god to be a good person.  If you wanted to stop believing in god, it wouldn't change the way you were, you would still be a good person.  Well thanks for the feedback.  
SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
14 posted 2003-09-03 10:40 PM

Thanks, Hatter that is very sweet. For what it's worth I anyways! Sorry, I didn't find this 'til this many days later.

SharaRose @-->--

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » Keine Existenz

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary