navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » The Summoning
Dark Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Summoning Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DewDropRoses
since 2002-09-18
Posts 20
WV

0 posted 2002-09-20 09:45 AM

The Summoning

Roaming upon a darkened path, she finds the fiery black door
Driven by her minds own wrath, finding shelter against the Saturn silvered floor.
Poised amongst the metals chilled dampness, tiny puffs of breath vaguely seen
Consumed by the dark rooms enchantness, her eyes fixate on a seafoam christaline.
Drawn towards its ever glistening light, the treasure fades slowly to the ground
Radiating a vibrant cosmic pool of life, and a souls desperate cry is quietly sound.
Placing her hands upon the pools mist, she finds the hidden link of her robotic soul
Drawing herself forth, her temptations can't resist, an emotion so powerful her will loses control.
Grasping a touch of the pools tranquil liquid, she slowly gains the spirit she was destined to receive
Attaining her veins past forgotten fluid, summoning the soul her life's emptiness once believed.

Copyright 2002 Amy Marie Hess

© Copyright 2002 Amy Marie Hess - All Rights Reserved
bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

1 posted 2002-09-20 05:37 PM

I enjoy the breadth of your imagination, Amy Marie. The only comment I can make, aside from its beauty, is I thought the mention of robot was too off-putting for this piece. I also thought that the meter, in places, seemed to stretch out longer and make the poem ramble, even when it wasn't rambling.

Still, thank you for sharing it, and I'm always glad to see you post here.

Mike

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
2 posted 2002-09-20 10:22 PM

I quite like it, the form was quite different.

If your afraid of the dark, then why did you come?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #3 » The Summoning

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary