navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » He's MY Redneck
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic He's MY Redneck Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV

0 posted 2001-02-04 02:32 PM

One of these days they’ll see
How much it’s hurting me.

The words they say,
Dig deep into my soul.

I know they don’t care,
But must they show it?

I’ve made mistakes,
I’ll admit to that.

But falling in love,
Was not a mistake.

I love Justin,
I can’t help that.

He’s MY redneck,
And I love it.

www.angelfire.com/wv2/poetrycorner
I'm just a girl looking at a guy asking him to love me

© Copyright 2001 Tamma M. Wilson - All Rights Reserved
the day i tried to live
since 2001-02-03
Posts 27
the seventh circle
1 posted 2001-02-04 03:06 PM

alright... i'm afraid you lost me here... apparently someone has been teasing you about having an interest in a "redneck" and this bothers you, but i'm not sure i'm clear on what's going on...
Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
2 posted 2001-02-04 03:07 PM

Aww... how sweet.  ^_^
And nice grad pic.  
Keep up the great work, Tamma.  
-Allan

We used to hate people, now we just make fun of them. It's more effective that way. --KMFDM

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2001-02-04 07:11 PM

lol Tamma.  I guess you were gonna share it    simple and straight to the point.  good poem.  thanks for sharing

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Angel in Flight
since 2001-01-07
Posts 381

4 posted 2001-02-04 08:31 PM

Tamma, Great poem!! And no matter what dont let anyone or anything take you away from what your heart desires, because in the end if you let them tear you away you can never come back to how it once was. To love is not a mistake, but to let someone take you way from that love is. I know you are going to stay with Justin, but i am just saying dont let them take you away from him or anything no matter what. Ok i am done now. Thanks for sharing the poem it was wonderful.

Suit yourself~The most powerful phrase a person can ever say. Once you hear it you will never be the same.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

5 posted 2001-02-04 09:04 PM

There's NOTHING wrong with rednecks, and I'll beat anyone who says that there is! (Offendin' my kinfolk! Sheesh!)

Seriously, great expressions here, Tamma. Great new pic, too! Thanks for posting!

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2001-02-04 09:14 PM

Kinsfolk?.....uhhhh.......rrrrrright.

Nice one here tamma......he IS your redneck!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

DreadedLiver
since 2001-01-23
Posts 56
Alter, Ego
7 posted 2001-02-04 09:20 PM

Oops, I posted with my other name! Damn, this is jeremydraul   I chuckled at the title. I apologize for that! I thought it was humorous to refer to him as your redneck..lol. It must really suck to be in this predicament. I hope they finally realize how nice of a person you are. Take care....

Jeremy

"zzzIzzzAMzzzJEREMYDRAULzzz"

[This message has been edited by DreadedLiver (edited 02-04-2001).]

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
8 posted 2001-02-04 09:27 PM

Appearances mean little in the long run. All that matters is you are happy. And you seem to be, so good luck! And ignore the people who are ignorant.
xoxo
Jenn

"I'm a big, big, girl, in a big, big world, it's not a big, big thing if you leave me, but I do feel, that I will miss you much..." Emilia

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
9 posted 2001-02-04 11:23 PM

Tamma, you should seriously not give a rats about what other people think about Justin. You are crazy for him (if they can't see that they must be blind), so screw what others think ok.  

*note to self: Do not offend Lovebug and her kinsfolk* lol

~AF~

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
Buddha

Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV
10 posted 2001-02-05 07:43 AM

Hehe LoveBug...I'm Just as much of a Redneck as any of 'em...cause as they say "There's a little Redneck in all of us" Sometimes I dress the part, Sometimes I dont. Oh well, even some of the Redneck around Jefferson call me a Redneck girl. Hehehehe...Some of them, ya just gotta love....like Justin and John Deere  

www.angelfire.com/wv2/poetrycorner
I'm just a girl looking at a guy asking him to love me  

[This message has been edited by Tamma (edited 02-05-2001).]

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
11 posted 2001-02-05 12:34 PM

Where exactly does one have to be from to be a redneck?jk.
very simple and straight forward poem Tamma. good job.
Regina

for those who say I'm their friend, u know me not well for if u did u would not stay around anymore to watch me fall away.

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
12 posted 2001-02-05 03:27 PM

Tamma, our Justin's are starting to sound quite alike! My Justin is a redneck too. There IS a little redneck in all of us, it just takes another redneck to bring it out!!! My dad makes fun of the way he talks, and how since I talk to him and he has an interesting vocabulary, I use some of his words. Anyways, you love that redneck and that's all that matters/       (Rednecks are very loveable!)

Guys are like stars. There are millions of them, but only one will make your dreams come true.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » He's MY Redneck

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary