navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Why not?
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why not? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl

0 posted 2001-02-01 03:50 PM

I keep seeing this word list poem thing going on... so I might as well try it. Here goes.... tell me if you like it:

Renewal
Smile
Wonder
Happiness
Changing
Different
Friendship
none
Friendly
Distant
Alarming
Changing
Covering
Shielding
Lying
Concealing
Painful
Friendship
no more

"I'm a big, big, girl, in a big, big world, it's not a big, big thing if you leave me, but I do feel, that I will miss you much..." Emilia

© Copyright 2001 Jennifer Parker - All Rights Reserved
Angel Bee
since 2001-01-30
Posts 176
Virginia
1 posted 2001-02-01 04:55 PM

nice word list. keep writing.  
MidnightMaverick
since 2001-01-15
Posts 35
Duluth, MN, USA
2 posted 2001-02-01 05:48 PM

I use this style of writing often. It helps bring together a scattered thought. I enjoyed your word list. Keep up the good work.

-Maverick

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2001-02-01 06:57 PM

Nice one here. I liked it.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Allan Riverwood
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
4 posted 2001-02-01 07:34 PM

Woo-hoo!  It's catching on!
You did a great job on this, Jenn.
Did you consider it to be easy or difficult?  I'd like to know.
-Allan

Would you really want everything that you thrive for, if you could never appreciate it?

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
5 posted 2001-02-01 07:46 PM

seems like everyone is doing this style now.  I think you did one really good job on this one.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

6 posted 2001-02-02 07:57 PM

Whoa!  I like it.  You've done a good job making a poem that expresses something that is greater than the sum of the poem's parts.  Good work here.
Jenn Cirrincione
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
7 posted 2001-02-02 08:01 PM

Thanks all. I found this style of poetry unique. Difficult? Not really. I had a situation in particular I was thinking of when I wrote this, so it was kinda easy. Impacting words that made sense to me just kind of flowed.
Thanks again!!
xoxo
Jenn

"I'm a big, big, girl, in a big, big world, it's not a big, big thing if you leave me, but I do feel, that I will miss you much..." Emilia

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
8 posted 2001-02-03 09:54 AM

This is a very unique form but i like it a lot!!!
Jenn Cirrincione
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
9 posted 2001-02-03 10:10 AM

Thank you sugar high!! Means a lot.
xoxo
Jenn

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

10 posted 2001-02-03 05:07 PM

When ever I read these types of poems, I try to figure out what state of mind the person was in and what they were thinking about when they wrote it.  Then when you read it again it means so much more.  I get the feeling this poem is fairly obviously about a friendship.  Now to go any deeper is just assumptions on my part, but I'm going to take a stab at it.  
It starts off:
Renewal
Smile
Wonder
Happiness
Which sounds like the beginning of a good friend ship.  Then it starts to change a little and then the word none... The friendship is over.  The rest of the poem is about why it ended and then again you reinforce the friend ship is "no more."  I think the word "changing" which you used twice really conveys that it was out of your hands, that things just changed and you don't have an explanation for it... and it was certainly not what you expected..
Well that's what I got out of it... I'm prolly way off but it was very interesting to read
Thx
~Jason

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is
research

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

[This message has been edited by IsGona (edited 02-03-2001).]

Jenn Cirrincione
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
11 posted 2001-02-03 05:15 PM

Well Jason,
You couldn't have got too much closer to the real deal. I was really in an unhappy place before I met my friend, hence "renewal"... it was really good, until things started changing. We grew apart, and it went back and forth. But now it's just a total mess, she never talks to me, when we do we fight.   Now it's basically over... I guess that's pretty much it. Thanks for reading.  
xoxo
Jenn

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

12 posted 2001-04-30 03:53 PM

*bump*page one

words,words,words!!... ahhhhhh

hehe...just kiddin'
but.. i really thought this was creative
nice job on the poem..

...?

if i die before i wake , i pray the lord my soul will take-"when thugs cry"

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 04-30-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Why not?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary