navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » pAtHeTiC (haha isn't that pretty)
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic pAtHeTiC (haha isn't that pretty) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
land of cheese (Wisconsin)

0 posted 2001-06-13 03:36 AM

eh...i don't think i'm too happy with this one.  lately everything i write seems to to instantly turn into crap.  please read and respond HONESTLY lol.  thanks everybody, luv you guys. -fear-

i miss you, there i said it.
god, am i that pathetic?
i barely know you
yet need you so
and i don't even understand my mind, heart, body, or my soul
i don't understand why i feel this way
and why i hope that you feel the same
i'm addicted i can't help it.
but that doesn't mean you have to cause me pain.
just walk away
i can handle it
but...i think i may love you.
what the hell?
do you know what love is?
and for that matter...do i?
i don't deserve you
but yet i don't deserve all this  pain.

-fear-

© Copyright 2001 bergundy - All Rights Reserved
Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
1 posted 2001-06-13 08:20 AM

Not your greatest but still very good.
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2001-06-13 12:25 PM

I really love your thoughts in this piece. I especally love the last two lines, very profound. You might want to watch your flow, though. That's really the only thing. Thanks for sharing.

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
3 posted 2001-06-13 12:40 PM

I don't think that there's anything wrong with this one. Maybe you don't like it because it's expressing some really deep and sometimes hard to deal with emotions that you're feeling. This was a really good one!
Rhonda  

"Who did that?" "Charlie and Blake." "Who's Charlie and Blake?" "Rhonda and Amy.""Great. There goes the school."

Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
4 posted 2001-06-13 01:26 PM

Thanks for the great read... I liked the structure although as Lovebug said " watch the flow" anyway great work...
Zu

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

5 posted 2001-06-13 01:34 PM

This one looks almost as though it's conveying both an inner struggle within the speaker AND the relationship problems that he/she is enduring.  It thought it was rather interesting in that way.  As for constructive critique:

I know I say this a lot, but...

Try to structure your poetry more.  Make lines that have the same number of syllables.  Try to add some rhymes.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
6 posted 2001-06-13 11:18 PM

hey everybody, thanks for responding.  i luv u guys for being honest!  i'll try to work on my form n stuff, but i can't promise you  anything great.  it gets really frustrating when i try to write something in form, and it just turns out bad.  i think i'm more of a free-style kinda girl.  thanks again for replying, it means a lot to me.  later all
-fear-

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

7 posted 2001-06-14 12:01 PM

wow!...this hit home for me...its something i can relate to a situtaion i had...i loved this poem ...hope to see more...bye

im addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2001-06-16 02:37 AM

Well done here! This was simply awesome! I mean sure it might not have been your best but as far as emotional content and the purity of how you felt in this piece....well it's apparent that you rocked it with this one. I liked this poem a lot!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
9 posted 2001-06-21 02:43 PM

talking about raw emotions.  very strong piece.  thank for the excellent read.

hi Sweets, Kris, Lizzy, Ina, Erin, Erica, Minna, Kit, Kamie, Javi, Jenn, Sharon, Nan, Cawlee, Cherish, Ashley, Sara, Justine, Leah, Jess, Kimmie, Mare

LoneWolf
since 2001-03-10
Posts 384
IL
10 posted 2001-06-21 05:52 PM

wow this was good. i really liked this a lot. i could relate. great job here

It's too bad I'm not as wonderful a person as people say I am, because the world could use a few people like that.
I've learned that even when you th

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
11 posted 2001-06-21 07:58 PM

Wow~this is a page out of my life. I tell myself how pathetic i am for feeling a certain way all the time. and i know EXACTLY what you mean about everything you write seems to turn into instant krap. i havent been able to actually write for like months..i hate it. but neways..keep your head up, things will work out for the best..the best may not be what you hoped for...but you'll be alright

**You can't always trust the people you want to**

Heavens Tears
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-03-15
Posts 677

12 posted 2001-06-21 08:13 PM

It may not have been your best, but it still had a good message.  Thats whats great about poetry.  No matter how bad it seems to you, if theres a message someone can relate to, they love it.  Not saying this is bad, just some general insight.  Thanks for the read.

*~*Amanda*~*

My tears roll right down my cheeks, but they all soak into my pillow.  I feel kinda sorry for it...

Poet on Acid
since 2001-01-07
Posts 325
Florida, USA
13 posted 2001-06-26 03:57 AM

Someone needs a hug and a prozac

"It's too cold in the world...too cold to be alone..." - >¶Øʆ<

fearing-laughter
since 2001-04-24
Posts 605
14 posted 2001-06-26 04:07 AM

eh very clever tony...we can't all be as happy as you lol.
-bergundy-

emotions are like evil serpents that coil around your mind---me "i cannot save you, i can't even save myself"--stabbing westward

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » pAtHeTiC (haha isn't that pretty)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary