navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Duality's Conviction
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Duality's Conviction Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2001-05-28 03:23 PM

Duality's Conviction:

Dazed and loving it!
This is what it's all about.
Perceptions fancy and my light gray trim.
A grin for a grin.
A love for a love.
Equality's vengeance has dawned upon us.
Celestial, microcosmic oasis of life
Takes its hold on me, and I on it.

Simplistic scale with complex balance.
Internal wars of jagged stone.
It's all so perceptably hidden in the eye.
A friend of a friend.
A soul of a soul.
Hermes beacons his dual reign upon life.
Inwardly outward and outwardly inward,
And a double-faced mirror to rule us all.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

© Copyright 2001 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

1 posted 2001-05-28 03:31 PM

Wonderful piece here, Javier! I love the content and the styling. I especally love the final lines. Great writing, as usual. Thanks for sharing.

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
2 posted 2001-05-28 03:34 PM

great work Javier!  

-=Love starts with a SMILE, grows with a KISS, and ends with a TEAR=-

HeAvEnS AnGeL
since 2001-05-17
Posts 168
The Hot Girl From Canada
3 posted 2001-05-28 04:11 PM

Wow i really liked this poem!  It's so going in my library.  Oh yah i wanted to tell you before but i forgot you are so cute!

Lotsa love
Ashley

Don't judge a person untill you have walked a mile in their shoes, this way your a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
4 posted 2001-05-28 05:21 PM

Hey there Dope just thought i would tell ya what i thought.....Good, nicely written and thanks for the read
Marshalzu
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-02-15
Posts 2681
Lurking
5 posted 2001-05-28 05:47 PM

Hey Dopes another great piece from you, I see I'm not the first to say nor shall I be the last but this is a piece for the library. All hail the Magnificent one.
Zu

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
6 posted 2001-05-28 07:47 PM

This was awesome....
(two thumbs up)
Regi

"Take a look at my face, there's no price I won't pay
To say these words to you"bon jovi

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
swimming in fairy floss...........
7 posted 2001-05-28 09:38 PM

yay!!!!!.....hahah..you already know what i thought...hahaha..now i gosta ask for you to explain it to me javvie...i KNOW KNOW KNOW that i was totally off...but hey if i ask twice will you do it?

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

8 posted 2001-05-28 09:54 PM

amazing work here javi!...the symbolism was great...and this poem left me in thinking about what they actually mean?...hope to see more...and a explaination would be nice ...thanks for sharing it ...?

i'm addicted to passions in poetry!...are you?

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 05-28-2001).]

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
9 posted 2001-05-28 10:15 PM

hahhaa..theres two ppl!!...btw alberta i love yer signiture!!!..i AM!!!

"Life is not long and boring,
it's short and compelling." -Javier Agosto-

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
10 posted 2001-05-29 02:42 AM

Thanks all for the replies......albert and cherish your explanation will be on the way as soon as a few more people read it...and ashley, thanks  

banburycross
since 2001-03-27
Posts 946
viginia
11 posted 2001-05-29 12:58 PM

incredivle writing dopes, i really like this piece.  the imagery was wonderful and complex, you did a great job on this.  i have a few ideas, but i'll just wait for your explanation and see if my thoughts are correct    keep sharing your work.

Sometimes, the things that go unsaid are the only things worth hearing.

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
12 posted 2001-05-29 04:01 PM

Whoa Javes. Nice one here...sheesh.
O-k now tell me what all that stuff means!  
  ~Carly

"Go outside and use your own eyes. You'll be surprised to see things you've never been taught..."
   ~Edouard Manet

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
13 posted 2001-05-29 11:21 PM

Duality's Conviction:

Dazed and loving it!= I am dazed in the sense that my mind is totally confused and drunk with my mesh of thoughts and I enjoy this confusion in my head.

This is what it's all about.= introduction to the line bellow. I am going to tell you what it's all about...

Perceptions fancy and my light gray trim.= What's this about is the way our perceptions fancy seems to get the best of us. Like we don't really see things for what they truly are due to the fact that we just like to see the world with sparkles and glitter. The light gray trim refers to the IN BETWEEN details of the world. That whole "the world is not only made up of black and white but gray aswell". Yea well this is Light gray...not exactly completely gray and it trims the whole surface of who we are. Sure we believe in the IN BETWEEN but it's still in preference to light, or WHITE.

A grin for a grin.= Simplicity at it's best. What better for a grin than a grin? Also symbolizing happiness.

A love for a love.= Same as above but much stronger depth due to the abstract feeling of love.....what better for love than love?

Equality's vengeance has dawned upon us.= Now I go about to say that Equality is pissed off. He's wanting our minds to think equal and not in preference to our sparkly world of laughter and giggles. He's going to get us.

Celestial, microcosmic oasis of life
Takes its hold on me, and I on it.= I use a paradox between celestial and microcosmic. Celestial means that it pertains to the sky or that it's some sort of devine thing. Microcosmic is a oxymoron that symbolizes the big and small...the duality within the whole mind (which reigns as a theme within the poem). The Devine, big yet small oasis of life is holding onto me and I am embracing it with the same eagerness.

Simplistic scale with complex balance.= Another dual comparison. It's a simple instrument, the scale yet when you place something complex to balace it can be quite complex.

Internal wars of jagged stone.= The internal wars refer to my mesh of dualness and confusion. The jagged stone is to symbolize the hardness and sharpness of my thoughts.

It's all so perceptably hidden in the eye.= another dual comparison..."perceptably" and "hidden".....you can SEE that it's being hidden. IT being my mesh of thoughts.

A friend of a friend.= Back to the simplistic goodness.

A soul of a soul.= An even deeper form of simplistic goodness.

Hermes beacons his dual reign upon life.= Hermes was not only a Roman Messenger God but he was the God of DUALITY. He's calling upon his dual reign upon life...thus the EQUALITY and not only the sprakly goodness we choose to see.

Inwardly outward and outwardly inward,
And a double-faced mirror to rule us all.= the conclusion of the poem....i say we are inwardly outward and outwardly inward...thus everything being equal and the exact same. No difference between in and out...good in and good out, bad in and bad out.
The double faced mirror is the concrete form of DUALITY and it's going to rule us forever.

That's it!

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
14 posted 2001-05-29 11:44 PM

There goes my analysis.  
I swear I was going to say the same thing!  Javi beat me to it!  
I'll compliment you, Javier.  This poem is outstanding, primarily (in my mind) because of the very definite tone.  What I saw here was an enthusiastic person not reading the poem, but yelling it out to be heard!  This really added a lot to the affect, the tone here is probably my favourite part, next to the use of oxymoron and other such techniques.
I particularily like your newer work.  
~Allan

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.  
~Unknown

cherish
since 2001-03-25
Posts 1639
15 posted 2001-05-30 12:51 PM

*hangs her head in shame*....ahhhhhhhh..i was totally off in some parts!!..hehehe..never mind.. ...at least you know how my mind ticks...

"Life is not long and boring,
it's short and compelling." -Javier Agosto-

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
16 posted 2001-05-31 01:39 AM

A lot of complexity here Javier...one meaning flowing in to the next...awesome
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
17 posted 2001-06-01 01:40 PM

Your last line really made an impact. You have such a wonderful way with words that I am always waiting in anticipation for the next one to come. Even if I am a million years late in replying. Bad Elizabeth.  

One word sums you and your writing up: legend.  

Well done, Javier.

~AF~

Just because I hear voices doesn't mean I'm crazy...SHUT UP IN THERE!!!

katherine
since 2000-06-10
Posts 365
Canberra Australia
18 posted 2001-06-02 03:21 AM

Think it's proberly all been said but oh well.I'll say it still.
This is really good. well done.
katie

We all make mistakes. We all cause others pain. DEAL

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
19 posted 2001-06-02 04:15 AM

Thanks everybody!
Wow.....
katherine, thanks!
Paula, thank you  
Liz, No I am not a legend  
Allan, your comments always make me happy. Especially when you like the poem haha  
And to everybody else who i suddenly forgot in the 10 seconds it took from reading the last reply to getting to type this out....thanks to you too!

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
20 posted 2001-06-16 02:40 PM

"Inwardly outward and outwardly inward,
And a double-faced mirror to rule us all."

OUTSTANDING work, Dopes.  This is one of the best I've read from you.  Amazing words and beautiful thoughts... What more can I say?  Thanks for sharing.

--Marie

"You're the girl of my nightmares, erotic and skull-faced.
Anorexic Beauty, feather-weight perfection.  Anorexic Beauty, underweight goddess." --Pulp

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Duality's Conviction

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary