navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Untitled-Got a suggestion?
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic Untitled-Got a suggestion? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
vixengrl04
since 2001-04-26
Posts 495
East Haddam, CT

0 posted 2001-04-26 05:09 PM

Hi guys.  This isn't really my first post, its acutally my second.  I posted "Spinning, spinning" a while back under the name Vixengrl but the e-mail addy that my password was sent to doenst work anymore, so I didn't have my password and had to make a new name...Anyways, this is kinda short and didnt take too long to write, but I kinda like it and was wondering what you guys thought, and if you had a suggestion for a name?  Thanks.
~*Nikki*~

What exactly do I have to be,
in order to get you to really like me?
What exactly do I have to do,
to be able to attract attention from you?
What exactly do I have to say,
to be on your mind for just one day?
Please tell me what makes her superior,
and why I’m always the one who’s inferior?
Trying so hard to catch your eye,
wishing that maybe you’d give me a try.
I’m not necessarily asking for romance,
just kindly requesting you’d give me a chance.

© Copyright 2001 Nikki - All Rights Reserved
~sugarpie313~
since 2000-09-14
Posts 375
Maine, USA
1 posted 2001-04-26 05:19 PM

omg i love this!! i so relate...   so i know how it feels. but just remember your not inferior... she is. he's probably just with her because she is easier to get and less more complicated... hahaha but complicated is good. it keeps things fresh and happenin and interesting   LOL  but i think i'm rambling so i'm out.
Love peace 'n' chicken grease!    (and for a title you could call it...  "your eye")

Valerie

CwboyAtHeart
since 2001-04-14
Posts 541
Selah, WA, USA
2 posted 2001-04-26 05:27 PM

VERY awesome.  I can totally relate, and it hurts to not be noticed.  Hope that the chance eventually comes.  

- Cody -

Living From Memories
Living From Thoughts
There Are Some Things In Live
That Cannot Be Taught

anonymous albert ?
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-23
Posts 2979

3 posted 2001-04-26 05:29 PM

welcome back
and great job..
i really liked the way u expreesed ur self thru this poem hope things get better..

and keep writing

...?

death is not the greatest loss in life. the greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. -norman cousins

[This message has been edited by anonymous albert ? (edited 04-26-2001).]

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
4 posted 2001-04-26 05:43 PM

I wrote one like this a long time ago.....feels like yesterday...let me tell you, if he hasn't noticed you, he isn't worth your time....you don't need to change who you are   If he can't see that you are perfect just as you are, he simply isn't worth it   love yourself more....
Godsend_1
since 2001-04-19
Posts 247
great state of illinois
5 posted 2001-04-26 05:44 PM

i really liked this it asked questions ppl always want to know the answer to but may never truely understand ya know i understand how you feel hun and i hope it all works out *hugs* i love ya

ben redshaw the great and deeply in love

ps. for a title idk make it the question like "why dont i?"  idk i be crazy so ya know later babe

i am what i am and that is all that i am and all that i shall ever be......so deal with it

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2001-04-26 06:33 PM

I thought this was wonderful. I Hope all goes well for you. I'm not pretending to like this one either. I really do like it  

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Shygirl82
since 2001-02-19
Posts 245
Ilinois
7 posted 2001-04-26 06:46 PM

I thought it was good.  I am sure all of have pondered these questions more than once in our lives.  But I have to agree..allow only so much time to get noticed then make it time to move on.
Laterz,
~Nikki~

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
8 posted 2001-04-26 07:06 PM

Welcome back!
This was very well written... It seems like you have lots of questions.. well, hang in there.     Great job on the poem.

--Marie

subconsciously, i think i can eat so much to make my stomach hurt, instead of my heart.

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
9 posted 2001-04-26 08:43 PM

Ooh, I did like this one.  Such a simple scheme really complimented the theme.  Ooh, I rhymed!  
~Allan

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.  
~Unknown

Suga_Baby
since 2000-08-06
Posts 380
Maine, USA
10 posted 2001-04-26 09:03 PM

Oooooh WOW I know how you feel girl! Way to put it in words... Title suggestion: "What exactly..."  

"A dream is a wish your heart makes while you are fast asleep."

CAP
since 2001-04-26
Posts 7

11 posted 2001-04-26 10:29 PM

I related to your poem so much, it is awesome...good job!
vixengrl04
since 2001-04-26
Posts 495
East Haddam, CT
12 posted 2001-04-27 10:45 AM

Thanks for the replies you guys, I really appreciate your comments!  It makes me feel like I'm not just writing 4 myself...Anyways, for the title I think Im gonna go with "What Exactly" or something like that.  So thanks 2 the person who suggested that.  As for the situation, I'm just gonna give up on guys in general.  They suck...*sigh*.  Thanks.

~*Nikki*~

~*Of all the millions of people in the world, I'm just me.*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » Untitled-Got a suggestion?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary