navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » My foolish friend
Teen Poetry #4
Post A Reply Post New Topic My foolish friend Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI

0 posted 2001-04-17 05:12 PM

My foolish friend put that away,
My foolish friend who says it has to end this way,
No I wont let you go,
Your in my hands now and ill never let go,
This is me reaching out for your hand,
When everyone had just stood there sad,
I wont let you go now,
We've done so much together,
Now to see you go,
Why did you have to take your life,
Why couldnt i just go,
Why on earth is this a way ppl die,
Why do so many teens face suicide?

I ask of you not to close this thread Today at 4:15pm i was notified that my friend had jumped off the same exact bridge his dad did 3 years ago on this day this is in memory of him.......

Charlie,
       You didnt have to go this way i know how painful it was your dad was my dad and when he went so did our love...You faded away and left to go live with your mom i only saw you once in those three years and i will only see you one  more time...But not the way i would have imagined it.
Hey lil bro i hope you made it to heaven even tho they say you go straight down when u  take your own life you had good intentions and the lord will see it. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! *Tears of Love*
                           *Tears of faith*
                           *Never any Tears of hate*

"i just love when you bring your whole crew because its just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew threw"

[This message has been edited by branden726 (edited 04-17-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Branden Jacobs - All Rights Reserved
Sabriel.s.h.lover
since 2001-04-16
Posts 73
b.f.e. aka- Hickville
1 posted 2001-04-17 05:52 PM

How sad!!it brought tears to my eyes. I hope everything will be all right in time..
sabriel

Sabriel.s.h.lover
since 2001-04-16
Posts 73
b.f.e. aka- Hickville
2 posted 2001-04-17 05:52 PM

How sad!!it brought tears to my eyes. I hope everything will be all right in time..
sabriel

keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
3 posted 2001-04-17 06:49 PM

Dude, I am so sorry to hear about this man! It is a terrible thing when life goes that bad. My mind has been there. I know what you are feeling right now. Last year I had a friend shoot himself. He was running from the cops, made it to his house, went inside and swallowed the barrel. All this because he was driving drunk and didn't want to get in trouble. Hang in there bro
Jon

"Your anger is a gift"-Rage Against The Machine
"Only God can judge me" Tupac Shakur

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
4 posted 2001-04-17 07:13 PM

Branden, Im very sorry to hear this...my best friend died of suicide and many others i know. I hope you will be well. If you want to talk, even though i dont know you. ill listen.
keep your head up.
Regina

they close your thread... ill throw a ruckus.

a small cut is only the beggining of a life in pain

banburycross
since 2001-03-27
Posts 946
viginia
5 posted 2001-04-17 07:57 PM

i'm really sorry that this happened, i know how hard it is to lose soemone close to you.  I also thought this was a good poem, one of the better ones i've read from you.  keep posting your work.

Sometimes, the things that go unsaid are the only things worth hearing.

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
6 posted 2001-04-17 10:33 PM

*hugs*
I'm sorry this happened.  You, your family, and your friend's family and friends are in my prayers.  I hope you find comfort in the fact that he's in a better place.
The poem was very good.  I enjoyed the read.
Again, you are in my thoughts.

--Marie

subconsciously, i think i can eat so much to make my stomach hurt, instead of my heart.

lonely*soul
since 2001-04-05
Posts 396
east haddam (moodus) ct :)
7 posted 2001-04-17 11:18 PM

hun i know the feeling...ive been faced with a friends suicide too!!! it really hurts to loose someone you love, even if you dont see them all the time!  :::hugs:::

<3 *~KIM~*

ps~stay strong!!!

" im surrounded by people, but yet im still all alone"

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2001-04-18 12:11 PM

Oh branden! This is completely horrible! My condolences! I hope your friend is in the right place and all good comes to his mom. She must be in the dumps completely.
Hope all gets well for you. Stay strong.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
9 posted 2001-04-18 12:12 PM

Oh branden! This is completely horrible! My condolences! I hope your friend is in the right place and all good comes to his mom. She must be in the dumps completely.
Hope all gets well for you. Stay strong.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
10 posted 2001-04-18 01:16 PM

Brandon- I am so sorry to hear this. The poem brought tears to my eyes and even more when i found out the story behind it. ::hugs::
branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
11 posted 2001-04-18 10:27 PM

Thanks guys for all your prayers and sorrows all im trying to do is make it through the days. I not only lost a Father figure when mine wasnt there but i just lost a brother figure to. Well thanks.
                 Love always
                  Branden

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #4 » My foolish friend

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary