navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » An Evening Ballet
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic An Evening Ballet Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2001-03-15 07:05 PM

~*~ This Evening's Ballet ~*~
by Mysteria

I look out my window as evenings falls.
I am in awe at the masterpiece laid before me tonight.
The torrential flow of the river embracing the shore,
Hesitant to release its grip as it rushes down to the sea.
White-capped, violent, tentacles of the ocean begin to stretch.
Tired but happy skiers descend the beloved snow-capped mountain.
And then slowly, in absolute silence, the curtain rises,
A tiara of stars and soft shadows of the moon light up the stage,
And in anticipation this evening’s ballet now begins.

The sky as if guided by a metronome, begins to dress,
She changes her colors as a temperamental prima ballerina;
Throwing splattered colors everywhere deciding on a tutu.
Then, calmly she waits on stage as the curtain rises.
Terre-a’-Terre, she dances in brilliant hues of bright crimson,
Orange, tangerine yellows, twirling on heaven’s stage.
Her tutu mysteriously changes to azure, slate, mauve,
Then various shades of periwinkle, and purple.
And excitedly, she gets bemused in the beauty of her dance.

On the soft winds of the heavens she plie’s, pirouettes,
And with a small petit jete’, her costume is ever changing.
Seductively, she steals hearts and captivates her audience,
Time stands still as her beauty and grace spellbind mortals.
Sadly my mind’s eye watches as the curtain slowly descends.
The theatre lights flicker and slowly begin to fade and dim.
Once again my heart and soul are alive in my private showing,
Of the masterpiece painted by the only ONE with such a palette.

The curtain rises, an encore to this evening’s performance.
The sky, now an ebony blanket on cellophane shadows.
Mother Nature’s tiara sparkles, and the moon smiles.
As this evening unfolded, I did not watch this ballet all alone,
I feel warmth in knowing I shared it with a stranger somewhere.
Someone also was applauding this ballet,
Someone just like me on the Four Corners of this earth.
Tonight’s ballet had come to an end, but I saw a shooting star…
And made a wish that on this one earth,
There could be one people and peace!

~*~ Mysteria ~*~
© Copyright 2001
All Rights Reserved

Graphics by: Lindy's Graphics

~*~A poet is someone who reads more than they write ~*~

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (edited 03-15-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
1 posted 2001-03-15 07:13 PM

Begins full of vivid life and light. I have to admit I didn't finish it...it's the wrong time of day for such a long piece with such tiny letters. I'm over 55. The painting with it is quite lovely, too. Maybe if I were to print it out so I could hold it in my hand, I could read it through all the way. what I did read was like a detailed painting...as detailed as a Charles Russell.
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2001-03-15 07:27 PM

Vas *smiles* - I wrote this for me, so there is not right or wrong time of the day, just sat and wrote! I wanted to record what I saw out my window last night for my little book! I was not sure if you meant Charles Russell the painter, or lawyer, but my long, detailed description would certainly work for both I suppose. As for the size of the print, I have no idea how to make it bigger on here (can you?), that is what you get on the formatting along with Arial, etc. so that I can't control, and you are right, being 55 is part of it LMAO, I need longer arms too!
Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
3 posted 2001-03-15 07:57 PM

This was a treat! Beautiful, just beautiful! You are so creative, the music and the captivating graphic was very effective!

Take care,
Melissa~

The beauty of poetry gives my soul wings to fly free within dreams

~Melissa P. Monette~

[This message has been edited by Melissa Honeybee (edited 03-15-2001).]

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
4 posted 2001-03-15 08:00 PM

Mysteria~

STANDING OVATION !!!!

Stunning !
And it was perfectly easy to read !
*Hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
5 posted 2001-03-15 08:07 PM

Mysteria--Oh, so gorgeous, this view out your window...here with so much light of cities, the night does not show off as much. Thank you for letting me see it with your words.
Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
6 posted 2001-03-15 08:45 PM

beauiful

Don't ever give in, if you do you've lost everything you've ever had and everything you hope to gain, but if you carry on your already winning.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
7 posted 2001-03-15 09:06 PM

What Marge clapped...with a Brava.....

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
8 posted 2001-03-15 10:53 PM

Hi!
Melissa Honeybee: Thank you for your kind compliment, I try to make it eye appealing for "you guys"!

Marg: I take a bow, and coming from you I shall take that as the highest of compliments, thank you! *winks*

Martie: Yes, this is out my window...I live on a mountain over-looking the cityscape, and more mountains, it is beautiful, and thank you.

Moondust: Thank you!

Sunshine: He he...thanks so much!

Your indulgence of this "War and Peace" version of my view is appreciated, lol!

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
9 posted 2001-03-16 12:49 PM

Beautiful...I've read it all now, vivid and delightful all the way through. I just don't understand it, it looked twice as long this afternoon, was I seeing double? The letters look larger tonight, too.

I enjoy sunsets so very much. Last October my daughter and I were visiting Yaquina Head Lighthouse at sunset. I love lighthouses, Yaquina Head is gorgeous, and it was at sunset. I took 14 snapshots that evening because I knew the next one was going to be the masterpiece and would capture the sunset at its most vivid moment. My photo album is rather repetitive as you may conclude. But I love each shot and can't pick the 'best' of them. Your poem has helped me visit the sunsets of my past. Thank you. Oh, I do mean Charles M. Russell the painter of extremely detailed scenes of the west. I've always been in awe of his work, even if the avant garde say that a painting that looks like a photograph is not to be valued. Like, just take a picture. That a true painting reflects emotion and a sense of reality and should not include every strand of hair. Two different schools, I guess. Guess it's kind of like the vivid, descriptiveness of this piece compared to an haiku. Oh, I've had a nap, so now I'm having trouble shutting my fingers up.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
10 posted 2001-03-16 05:07 AM

Oh VAS you are too funny, and I better explain...while you were sleeping someone showed me how to change the font size (got ya!)bet you thought you were loosing it didn't you? I do tend to ramble so in my work, telling stories in poetry and they get a tad long. However, this particular night I had to get it all recorded as I have lived in this house 14 years, and never did I see a sunset more beautiful than this one any where I have travelled in the world! Thanks for finding the glasses and giving it a read.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » An Evening Ballet

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary