navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Loss(feel free to enlighten me and share your thoughts)
Open Poetry #12
Post A Reply Post New Topic Loss(feel free to enlighten me and share your thoughts) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore

0 posted 2001-03-08 09:06 PM

this is not so well written but well, i am still dazed over the loss of my cherished item

I reached for my wallet
expecting it to be there
My eyes widened in shock
as they registered
that it had somehow grown legs
and was absent from its place

I pouted my lips
groaned loudly inwardly
My mind was blank at a loss
like a new born kitten
which hesitates to open its eyes

yet it was buzzing
with memories of my loss
with yells of reproach
with sighs of dismay
with unshed tears dancing
waiting to be unleashed

Amongst all the angst
this thought consumed me:
A slave we are all
to our material possessions
Are we so spiritually empty
that we require such items
to define our existence?

Someone tell me

[This message has been edited by kaile (edited 03-08-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 heng kaile - All Rights Reserved
Celeste
since 2000-11-11
Posts 597

1 posted 2001-03-08 09:12 PM

Well.......to have something stolen from you would always feel like being violated, simpily because it's wrong.
I would feel violated, and I'd feel the loss of what I treasured most within my wallet, which wouldn't be the money, but the pictures of my children, a ring I keep there, and a few papers that mean alot to me. I think your thoughts were right on key. But I'm sorry it happened to you.

To hold tomorrow we must first be willing to let go of yesterday.

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

2 posted 2001-03-08 09:13 PM

Yes, unfortunately some of us are. But I guess we need those things to survive.
These are some deep thoughts.....I would love to see you follow up with finding it!
Nothing like finding something that has been lost.

Kathleen Blake

"When red-haired girls scamper like roses over the rain-green grass,
and the sun drips honey."
Laurie Lee

dgvarner
Member Elite
since 2000-05-13
Posts 3552
High Springs, Florida
3 posted 2001-03-08 09:50 PM

kaile..i cant help but smile at this one..it reminds me of my favorite FLAVIA poem--her cherished, however battered and bruised, karman ghia (sp?) was stolen...! ever read her poetry? you write a lot like her

sorry your wallet was stolen!!
i hope you feel some sense of relief over the situation soon!

hugs, g

where am i...WHOA! and what am i doing in this handbasket!?!

[This message has been edited by dgvarner (edited 03-08-2001).]

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
4 posted 2001-03-08 09:52 PM

well kaile, having had my apartment robbed about two years ago, I know exactly how you feel. . . it's not about what was taken, it's about feeling violated, like dreamkeeper said. . .

excellent words. . .

----------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
5 posted 2001-03-12 01:54 PM

Well regardless of the fact that you're right, we are slaves to the material world, no one likes to lose their wallet with all the ID that makes this materialistic world accessible...I though you displayed the emotions of this very well!

The poet is like a cocoon; in him the caterpillar of the past finds rest, and from him the butterfly of the future emerges.

Panne
since 2001-01-31
Posts 15
South TX, USA
6 posted 2001-03-13 03:25 PM

Kai Le,

Interesting piece. I read it not as stolen but as lost - having had both happen to me, I felt more like this when I lost my wallet - I felt much different when I knew it was stolen. A good piece either way. Panne

dragonpoe
since 2000-11-12
Posts 608
Palm Bay, Florida
7 posted 2001-03-16 04:54 PM

hello kaile!
my words on this piece, other than what a great write!! I can relate on this though it wasn't my wallet it was my car. I will never forget that.

With the word, I am mighty, with the pen I am free..
dragonpoe

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
8 posted 2001-03-16 06:07 PM

Good poem and expresses well how it feels to have something stolen from you. I have had a wallet stolen and also our home broken into and some irreplaceable items taken. You feel so violated, angry and bewildered that anyone would do something like that. Unfortunately we need the things we carry in our wallet for day to day living, but I don't think that means our souls are empty.

Betty Lou Hebert

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
9 posted 2001-03-16 06:19 PM

Well, last March, my checkbook disappeared, so I had to open a new account. Now that I'm doing my taxes, trying to find all my checks of tax deductible things, I do not have the register that was in the checkbook. In trying to take care of that last March, I somehow have lost the statement and the cancelled checks for that time period. The initial loss was extremely unnerving and now, though I thought I was through it, it is back to haunt me. This world we live in is too terribly tied to the tangible, and when someone has used wicked fingers, fingering 'our tangible' we are violated.

But, every time I'm feeling concerned about such things, I end up in a group requesting prayer requests for life/health/coping with death/on the verge of death...and it makes it extremely difficult to deal with the anxiety I have held over such 'small stuff'.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #12 » Loss(feel free to enlighten me and share your thoughts)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary