navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » I Sent A Gift
Open Poetry #11
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Sent A Gift Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada

0 posted 2000-12-22 12:48 PM

I Sent A Gift

I Sent A Gift
or was it two
right from my heart
all just for you

It will bring smiles
sparkle to eye
as its unwrapped
you will feel high

A secret smile
giving pleasure
to you my sweet
loving treasure

Open it up
to let warmth flow
as you too smile
your heart will know

Giggle of fun
from me to you
the games begin
what will you do

I Sent A Gift
or was it two
open it up
let's all play too

Karen TorbiakĀ©

Love I leave with you my friend whether it be in your life or of yet the essense of your dreams. http://path2riches.com

© Copyright 2000 Karen Torbiak - All Rights Reserved
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
1 posted 2000-12-22 12:51 PM

Karen,
this poem is a gift, it made me smile.
Write on
Kethry

Religion is for people frightened about going to hell - Spirituality is for people who have been there. Anon.

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
2 posted 2000-12-22 07:43 PM

*giggling* thank you Kethry, I am so glad it made you smile. That is why I wrote it. To bring a smile. Much love and Christmas hugs from me to you.

Love I leave with you my friend whether it be in your life or of yet the essense of your dreams. http://path2riches.com

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
3 posted 2000-12-22 07:47 PM

It brought a smile to me as well.  This was a wonderful poem of happiness and truely a gift to read so I thank you.  Have a very wonderful holiday and as you always say to us......."much love to you".  Hope your day is filled with the love of someone special and of course family.

A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
author unknown

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
4 posted 2000-12-22 07:52 PM

*sigh* Mark you always know the most wonderful things to say. I have family coming over but as for someone special to share it with, that is just a fantasy. *sigh* such an incredibly beautiful time of the year. I so wish there was so much love all year long. I pray you have a wonderful and blessed day, dear one. The heart and love you offer all is gentle and very sweet. *sigh* you have a beautiful heart, sweet man. Much love and Christmas hugs from my heart to your heart.

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
5 posted 2000-12-23 09:20 AM

Very tender and touching Karen! But you have always had that giving nature as you give from your heart through your words. I know that you are one of the writers that are so genuine with your emotions that it makes your work such a pleasure to read.
This craft is starting to envelop you and I'm so glad it is...have a wonderful holiday.... your old poet friend     ethome

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » I Sent A Gift

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary