navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » All We Want For Christmas, For Mark (Written by the MBOOPAS)
Open Poetry #11
Post A Reply Post New Topic All We Want For Christmas, For Mark (Written by the MBOOPAS) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England

0 posted 2000-12-14 01:39 PM

All We Want For Christmas

For Mark

All we want for Christmas is a poem
We don't get a bonus please give us a poem
We've told Marsha that nothing else would do
There are some choices but we'll leave them all for you
We don't mind whichever way you write us one
Nothing else would make our days such fun
Because all we want for Christmas is a poem
So Mark please just give us all a poem
It'll make our Christmas time complete

All we want for Christmas is a rhyme
No extra shifts, for we haven't got the time
We're asking you because we think you're great
Then we've got some voting and we need to get it straight
We are going to choose our favourite one of yours
And send our greetings to you on distant shores
Because all we need for Christmas is a rhyme
Please Mark can you spare us some time?
It'll make our Christmas so neat

All we want for Christmas is one touch
Reach out your heart that we love so much
You know we love you, our replies tell you so
Your words are a dream making our lives with colour flow
We listen and read your poems they are so good
Then we start working just the way we should
Because all we need for Christmas is a touch
And now we'll say thank you so very much
This will be our Christmas treat

MBOOPAS
           Marsha Pres. Daphnie, Sue, Kelsy, Jan, Mel,
           Pat, Fran, David, and Delia

< !signature-->

Take back the hope you gave,- I claim
Only a memory of the same
Robert Browning

[This message has been edited by Marsha (edited 12-14-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Marsha Grace Melody Todd - All Rights Reserved
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
1 posted 2000-12-14 02:02 PM

Ah my friends, THERE IS A POEM JUST FOR YOU ALL, but it is not time to see it as Christmas is not yet here.  Look for it within the next week as I have been holding onto it for about 3 weeks now.  I hope that you will all like it as I truely enjoyed writing it not only for you BUT ABOUT YOU ALL.  Yeah, I have been talking to Santa to find out all the NAUGHTY and NICE things about you each and everyone so watch out my dear friends as you will all come to light.LOL  Don't worry, you all shine in my heart daily and for that you all have my love as well.  Thank you once again.

A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.
author unknown

Lady Lightning
since 2000-12-04
Posts 422
Kentucky
2 posted 2000-12-14 02:21 PM

Awe...Marsha , how sweet ..   Looks like you all will be getting that Christmas wish and I'm sure it will bring such BIG smiles..How could it be any other way, the words will come from the cowboy himself...He's just toooo "KEWL"...
What a sweetie you are..I liked this muchly..~LL~

The way to love anything is to realize it might be lost. author unknown

Startime
Member Ascendant
since 2000-10-03
Posts 5918
Canada
3 posted 2000-12-14 02:50 PM

BRAVO!!!Marsha. We will all be waiting now to see the gem this delightful man has put together. Fabulous poem. I bow to the talent that shines from you and is placed before me daily to feast upon. Much love to you from me.

Love I leave with you my friend whether it be in your life or of yet the essense of your dreams. http://path2riches.com

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
4 posted 2000-12-14 03:05 PM

Marsha.....girl I am with you, a poem will be a marvelous Christmas gift.

and the way you ask for one, was great....well done my friend.

((hugs))
Charisma

Marsha
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-10
Posts 7423
Maidstone Kent England
5 posted 2000-12-15 03:40 PM

I'm handing over to Daphnie and Sue, who are going to type their own replies, (And they are not going to take too long over it are you!!
             XXXXXXXXX
Mark, it's me, Daphnie xx, thank you so much I can't tell you how much I'm waiting for this poem. I'll treasure it always.......
It's not just for you, it's for me too. (and the others, Girls!) Shush Marsha, you're not supposed to be listening. (Mmmm, don't be long) how do you do that, Marsha?  (I'm not telling you,)
Anyway it's just what I want for Christmas, Oh and some mistletoe, (Come on girls!) Stop it Marsha, you said we could send him our replies and you keep cutting in. (Okay I'll stay out but you have no longer than 15mins)

Daphy let me tell him you're taking too long, tell him he's fantastic, and I'm voting for all his poems. You can't, because I am. Anyway, thank you loads and I, I mean we are thrilled to be getting exactly what we want from Santa. Love and kisses, Daphnie and Sue.
Lovely girls, did you for get anyone? No, blank looks from you both, oh my sainted aunt, the rest of MBOOPAS perhaps? What say you team shall we throw them out the window? Okay, we won't.
Mark thank you in advance for our gift, we shall treasure it i promise you. And thank you for doing it for us, we all know just how busy you have been.

Lady Lightning I thank you most kindly, on behalf of the MBOOPAS, who are most grateful.

Startime, thank you most kindly, they all appreciate it

Chrisma, Thank you truly.

And I apologise for Daphnie and Sue they got a little carried away with the excitement of leaving their own replies. So they forgot to all the rest.

Take care
                   Mushy Marsha
              and the MBOOPAS
               Merry Christmas

Take back the hope you gave,- I claim
Only a memory of the same
Robert Browning

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » All We Want For Christmas, For Mark (Written by the MBOOPAS)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary