navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » I don't know where to post
Open Poetry #11
Post A Reply Post New Topic I don't know where to post Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho

0 posted 2000-12-10 08:25 PM

Dearest Passions.....

Firstly to a gracious host and a better dad than most [Ron Carnell]

And now , to a wonderful wonderful woman we all love so dearly and know so well

(Elizabeth Santos)

I’ll start with Irish Rose, said how Liz touched her deeply, she talked of emotions but described how Liz did it so eloquently, she talked of trying to talk of someone’s else expressions, but was frozen trying to feel another's emotion. I wondered if she was able. I too have endeavored...

Startime, another wrote... “Trust is such a gift and when coming from the heart of honesty it is priceless without measure.” Unknowing “Starr” so well, I saw she or he has a heart.

Then came a flutterbye_crying of delicate wings of angels things lying upon her heart the words were just so tinder

Then there was Kit with her shoulder. what a sweetheart

Charisma had her heart moved sheesh, I hope it wasn’t re-moved LOL

Janet finds grace in Liz that can’t be seen in very many, boy has she hit the nail on the head saying THAT!

liquidphantasy says she will not tolerate deceit which made me wonder how many friends she’s had who have pulled the wool over her eyes. But I liked her words and they appear to project a God orientated wisdom, plus the Bible says we can trust no one except Him.

Martie is priceless and talks of learning empathy. What a jewel of wisdom and what a friend she’s been not only to me but to my wife also.

LngJhnAg writes... “Liz - You are such an incredible sage and poet.  You see things in such clarity, and record them with such unbelievable talent.  I don't believe I have ever read anything of yours that was anything other than perfection.  Yet, you are so prolific.  Loving your words is easy - you make it so......”

L.J. I couldn’t touch that one with a tin pole and you are certainly write on my friend.

Mark B. chimes with the bells of Christmas ringing with chords..... “Not only does love surround you but you are the very essence of it's rare purity in form.”

Bill Charles writes...  “deception and mistrust are powerful enemies.” Now that’s a real message..!

Bill Yeats one of my favorites writes..... “one such as you deserves no such deception deserves none at all - but what I do know with perfect certainty - Your writing is perfection and always speaks to me.”

I got to hand it to ya Bill on this one.... you’ve certainly got some grace of your own and when you do, need I say... you say it well.

Seymour Tabin says.... “Your web of words have caught this fly...”

Balladeer, bless his heart.... changes the mode and says..... “Liz, hopefully you are just flexing your beautiful poetic muscles here and not speaking of life.....you have gone through enough without having another disheartening experience.....”

Balladeers have always carried a grace and a song of wisdom only they can tell and I’m sure we’ve all seen the grace in his pen.

This is the most unbelievable list I have ever seen here on Passions... The drama (trauma) speaks of hundreds more than this, all with hearts and love to share and tell....  

Elizabeth Santos..... You, my lady are an Artist.... and above that, you are one TRULY loved artist. You have told us how it is WE who are overwhelming... It is YOU my dear lady who are overwhelming. Even my youngest daughter Katie who knows death and loss way to well for someone of such tender years... when she heard, I saw and found a tear in her eye as well.

Well, alas Ron.... I don’t know if you knew what you were buying into, But you wanted a family and now your being adopted daily. I pray that we ain’t so heavy and you’ll continue to carry us. We need each other probably most of all.... But for THAT to happen..... WE NEED YOU..!

Dale Wayne Gwaltney

[This message has been edited by lucky (edited 12-10-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Dale W. Gwaltney - All Rights Reserved
inot2B
Member Elite
since 2000-09-18
Posts 2205
Arkansas
1 posted 2000-12-10 08:33 PM

You posted it into the perfect place. Right in the big middle of my heart.
You sir have done justice to all you wrote of.

lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho
2 posted 2000-12-10 08:41 PM

I wanted so to mention everyone which was my hearts desire... But I found that may have taken months... thank you inot2be... and I think youought2be.

dale

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 2000-12-10 08:46 PM

Dale--You have written this with such heart that I feel your tears in my eyes...this family is priceless and you have said it well...Hugs to you, my friend!
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2000-12-10 09:00 PM

How startling...Lucky? I swear, I was just asking a friend if she thought that Ron knew what a remarkable thing he has done...and my closing remarks were that this IS a family...

Thank you so much for speaking my heart.

maxtec1
since 2000-12-09
Posts 577
Garland, Tx
5 posted 2000-12-10 09:12 PM

What wonderful feart felt words.I have only been here just over 24 hrs and I feel at home with all the warm hearts. I truly great place and wonderful people.
Love and light,
Richard

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

6 posted 2000-12-10 09:16 PM

There IS a right place for everything and this is the right place for this, it's wonderful, it's something everyone can read and be proud of reading, thank you!

"Always be a first rate version of your self instead of a second rate version
of someone else." Marilyn Monroe

lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho
7 posted 2000-12-10 10:06 PM

Martie,

such a heart our family is priceless and you have said too...

serenity,

Ron is a family man... I'm not even sure if he knows how many kids he has anymore or the remarkable things he's doing... but I'm thinking he might have a Christmas present in mind. Which I know he does... and it might even be late... but who cares about the date!

maxtec1

Your feart felt words struck a funny bone. But I'm glad you feel at home. I think everyone here has a warm heart sometimes there not seen so well... but that's family life for ya...

Irish Rose,

As you can see I'm a little partial to roses and you certianly are one to read. I have to remark on your signature... "Always be a first rate version of your self instead of a second rate version of someone else." Marilyn Monroe... If you don't tell a person who YOU are why would you tell them who your not..?

Well my friends it's time to lite that candle... and remember.........

just dale

Rosemary J. Gwaltney
since 1999-08-26
Posts 997
northern mountains, Idaho
8 posted 2000-12-10 10:17 PM

Dale, this is a wonderful tribute to everyone in this "family" who holds true care for others in their hearts.  It's good to give Ron credit - I have a feeling his job is very, very large!  And possibly, his rewards few.  I second his comments, Ron!

You have said it all very well, lucky; and there isn't much I can add to everyone else's heartfelt comments, but that it is your own warm heart that brought you to this tender writing!

Now I know what you were doing, up typing half the night!  What a sweetheart you are!

With love, your wife Rosemary
~
~

The spiritual wind that holds survivors aloft, plants the seeds from which bloom new hope ... R.J.G.

lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho
9 posted 2000-12-15 07:48 AM

So... that you can see again... and for Ron, how he's helped me more than now or then... And there's RJ who says how (Ron's) done much more than I myself would've... I just wanted to say thanks to you all... I know how that I have been a pill. I could mention Nan and so many many others who have seen me through these times... and if not for them and the times I've seen... saw their hearts... and how forgiving. Well, where exactly would I be..?

dale

[This message has been edited by lucky (edited 12-15-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #11 » I don't know where to post

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary