navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » May I have Everyone's attention...Please??
Open Poetry #10
Post A Reply Post New Topic May I have Everyone's attention...Please?? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA

0 posted 2000-11-11 11:55 PM

As everyone here knows, we have many Forums here at Passions, each with specific interests in mind. The Open Forum, for example, is the forum which includes a wide variety of all types of poetry. It is the forum that most poets use and it is the forum that most guests visit. It is considered a "family" forum in the regard that any member of a family can feel comfortable reading the poetry posted in the Open Forum. Parents can know that there will not be poems with profanity, glorification of suicide or substance abuses, and overtly sexual references because there are indeed many underage visitors to the site.
   Our members have always adhered to these rules but, lately, there has been an increase in how much our "love" poetry is pushing the limits of good taste and sexual imagery. We do have certain rules which were explained as you applied for membership in an e-mail and, if anyone needs a refresher on them I, or any other moderator will be happy to go over them with you. We would ask that you please govern yourselves and, as a quick rule of thumb when you post something, imagine that a twelve year old minor is reading it and ask yourself if it would be acceptable for them to read.
    Is this a form of censorship? Of course! It's a private site and Mr. Ron Carnell should not suffer the embarrasement of receiving angry letters from parents over the contents of his site.
    I am locking this thread against replies. I don't want this turned into a discussion thread. If any poets want to carry this into a discussion I suggest the Feelings or the Alley Forums. Moderators, please unlock this occasionally and keep it current so as many members as possible can see it.

I only ask that you police yourselves according to your standards of good taste. I will attempt to do the same since I have been as guilty as anyone else  

© Copyright 2000 Michael Mack - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2000-11-12 07:28 AM

Receiving a good morning Sunday sort of bump...
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2000-11-12 10:41 AM

...bumpitty bump...
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2000-11-12 12:57 PM

back to page one...[my work is never done...]

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...
I would rather be silent and write, then speak loudly and be bound.
KRJ

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2000-11-12 07:25 PM

thumpitty thump...
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2000-11-12 09:37 PM

OK Nan...back to you...

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...
I would rather be silent and write, then speak loudly and be bound.
KRJ

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » May I have Everyone's attention...Please??

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary