navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » Passions Gallery-Introduction (and 4,000th post)
Open Poetry #10
Post A Reply Post New Topic Passions Gallery-Introduction (and 4,000th post) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA

0 posted 2000-10-31 10:00 PM

another day is over
another night of writing done
usually, he just turns off the light
and goes to bed
but tonight,
he takes a moment
to look at the mantle
and see the portraits he
has gathered
the friends he has made
the influences absorbed
the memories made
the smiles
and the tears

he begins to look at
some of them
here's one of Isis
first to welcome him here
always his friend
this one of Poet deVine
who encouraged him
and listened
he likes this one of
Seymour Tabin
who influenced him
made him want to be better
he moves them a little
just because

this one of Ron is cool
it's autographed!
"Thanks for everything" it says
even though it is he who should
be thanking Ron
here's a group photo
of him and the Knights
of Open #8
Parker, LongJhn, Balladeer
and the rest
never has he known
a finer group
of poets
and of friends

here's another one
another group
and what a group!
Marge, Janet Marie, and Marina
and he thinks that's serenity
in the back there
making Janet laugh
look at this one
it's jmlee
before he met Mina
he was still looking then
back there in Dark
we've both come
a long way

here's a group of newer
photos on the mantle
he wonders how there's
room for them all
but here they are
Juls and Gentle Spirit
right next to Wilfred Yeats
in them and others
he has found friendship
influence
and togetherness
come now, let's take
a closer look at his
Passions Gallery

tomorrow. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

© Copyright 2000 John Garcia - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2000-10-31 10:05 PM

Sven~
What a beautiful look at your collection.
Congratulations on your milestone ...
but more for your heart.

You are a pleasure to call friend.
And your poetic status is hereby renewed
for another 4000 posts !

I enjoy knowing that I grace the mantle of friendships portraits.
Rest assured that you rest easy on mine also.

Thank you, gentle poet.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Sven
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
2 posted 2000-10-31 10:08 PM

Friends of Passions,
                     Passions Gallery is an idea that I have had for a while now.  A tribute to the one thing that makes Passions what it is, the poets here and their poetry.

Throughout the month, you will be seeing poems from me dedicated to various members of Passions. . . they will all have in the title "Passions Gallery", and will be in various styles and lengths.  

I can think of no better way to thank all of you for what you have done for me, what you mean to me, and what Passions means to me, then to pay you tribute in the best way that I know how.  With my words, and from my heart.

November 23 will be my One year Anniversary here at Passions, so this series will also be celebrating that. . . since I found Passions and the people here, my life has been better for knowing all of you and I hope that I've been able to give to some of you as much as you've given me.

So, thank you Passions. . . it's been a great 4,000 and a wonderful year. . . here's to the next 4,000 and many more years. . .

Thank you all fellow poets, members of Passions, and most importantly. . .

Friends. . .

Sven  

---------------------------------------------------------

--Victor Frankl

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2000-10-31 10:15 PM

Sven,
Congrats on 4000 and you have posted a perfect piece to mark your milestone post...
thank you much for including me in this and for putting me in such poetic grand company.
great idea and a creative tribute to this place we all love.

(Sen...stop that) shes doing those bunny fingers behind my head aint she    

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 2000-10-31 10:25 PM

I look forward to reading the entire collection! Congratulations on your 4,000 post!  
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2000-10-31 10:28 PM

Congratulations...it's nice to know that we all feel this way about the people that make up the audience and creators of Passions!

Karilea
If I whisper, will you listen?...KRJ

snowpants
Member Elite
since 2000-09-16
Posts 2061
KS
6 posted 2000-10-31 10:30 PM

Sven, this is great!  I, too, look forward to reading the rest of them!!  Very nice idea!

sp  

Do not go where the path may lead, but instead, go where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
7 posted 2000-10-31 10:41 PM

Congrats on 4000!!  Time flies when having fun!!!
Thanks for the tribute to me, us and Passions in general Sven.  We are part of the best online community globally!!!!!

*hugs*
Isis

*I believe every time you put your words to paper, you change. Each feeling is set free, and you may follow.....*
~Isis~~Sovereign of the Spirit.

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
8 posted 2000-10-31 10:46 PM

Wow, love this, you have such a creative way of saying things. Congratulations on 4000, and your one year anniversary. This is one of the best places to be, and you are a big part of that.
Sandra

Rainydays
since 2000-10-21
Posts 324

9 posted 2000-10-31 10:56 PM

Sven, hi. I am the new kid, so I'm not on your mantle, but what a lovely way to commemorate your milestone and the obviously wonderful friendships you have been blessed with here. I really enjoyed reading, and I daresay your words allowed me a glimpse into who you are. Very nice ~

Rainydays

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
10 posted 2000-10-31 11:11 PM

Sven...congrats on 4...and with such style
Ron K. Fox
since 2000-10-24
Posts 925

11 posted 2000-10-31 11:17 PM

Congrats on the big 4...and I'm sure your gallery will be growing by leaps and bounds...judging by the number of people here...I've met so many...and you know a few hundred times more...and recognizing evryone is a great idea...we are all inspirations to each other...and you sir are one of the top notch inspirations...I look forward to all of your writes...only the best for you...Ron

Tossing words like wishful coins into the deep well of an open heart. R. fox

juliet_2u
since 2000-07-23
Posts 1125
North Carolina
12 posted 2000-11-01 10:06 AM

Jumping up and down, clapping and yelling "Woohoo, big congrats on your 4000th !!!" I am so so proud of you. You are one of the most talented poets I have ever had the privilege of knowing. And with saying that you are always one of my most treasured friends. It is indeed my honor to be among your gallery and thank you so much for the loving and heartfelt tribute. Now get over here and set a spell with me...lol.
Don't us southerners have such a way with words?...hehe.
Great big ole hugs to ya,
Juls

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
13 posted 2000-11-01 10:15 AM

What a wonderfully nice way to say how much you think of those fine people. And a great way to begin the next 1000. Congratultions Mr. Romance.   < !signature-->

Jamie

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito. - Virgil.
"Yield thou not to adversity, but press on the more bravely".  

[This message has been edited by Prometheus (edited 11-01-2000).]

Passions Voice
since 2000-10-23
Posts 291
Michigan
14 posted 2000-11-01 12:15 PM

Wow, 4,000??  That's a lot; maybe I'll get close to that someday.

This is a great poem.  It's very obvious that you love this place and the people in it, and that they have made quite an impression on you.  

I have enjoyed your work since I arrived and look forward to reading your Gallery.

passion is life. . . ~Diana

Charisma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-09-30
Posts 5906
lost in blue pages
15 posted 2000-11-01 12:22 PM

Congrats with your 4000th posts....you have done a great job, viewing with you the photo's, the poetry.....your poetry...what always a pleasure is to read, and yes I am new inhere, but the warmth and the friendship inhere are great.

as always have you captured it excellent with your words.

((hugs))
Charisma

Sven
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
16 posted 2000-11-01 12:37 PM

Marge, thank you my friend. . .it is a joy to know that you have renewed my poetic status!     One day, I might even catch you!

Janet, thank you. . . I've had this idea for a long time, and I can think of no better time to do it than right now.  And yes, I think that sen did do bunny ears behind you!  

deVine, I hope that I won't disappoint, and that the entire group will be enjoyed by all. . .thank you

Sunshine, I'm glad that we all feel this way too!  Thank you my friend

Snowpants, thank you. . . and I hope that you will enjoy them!

Isis, my friend, we are indeed. . . I hope that all us inspire and teach every day. . . thank you  

Sandra, thank you my friend, and it's not just me, it's you and everyone else that's here. . . we are Passions

Rainydays, welcome my friend, there's always room for one more. . . and I'm glad that you were able to see some of me in this, it's something that I strive for. . . thank you

Paula, thank you. . . I do try  

Ron, thank you noble squire. . . I do try to do my best. . . and although I may not get to everyone, I will let you see some of Passions best and brightest. . . friends and inspirations all. . .

Juls, do you have any iced tea??  With lots of lemon please. . . lol. . . thank you my friend, I am glad to count you among my newest friends and hope that you will be here for a long time. . .  

Jamie, lol     thank you. . . and I appreciate the title!

Passions Voice, thank you so much.  And yes, this place means a lot to me, and I hope that you enjoy them all. . .

Charisma, yes, we are the "Family of Friends" that you hear so much about. . . and I'm glad that you could join us on our fun poetic ride!!  

----------------------------------------------------------

--Victor Frankl

emily
since 2000-10-03
Posts 142
USA
17 posted 2000-11-01 01:17 PM

it's nice to feel you belong somewhere, this is neat!

Emily

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
18 posted 2000-11-01 02:17 PM

Sven I really do enjoy your writing...nice that you have stuck around for a year and 4,000...hope you stick around for many more...you have a good heart...James
Wilfred Yeats
Member Elite
since 2000-08-04
Posts 2704
Wilmington, Delaware
19 posted 2000-11-01 02:28 PM

Sven- I'm truly proud to be listed in your gallery - and think the idea wonderful - (pondering how I too might pay tribute to all these poets who've encouraged me these past few months I ve been here   )
Especilly offering congrats on 4,000 - no minor achievment !

BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
20 posted 2000-11-01 03:03 PM

Sounds like a quite wonderful gallery Sven, made up of quite wonderful people!  Bonnie
Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

21 posted 2000-11-01 04:05 PM

well, seems you've had twice as much fun as I have!  4000!  wow. This is a wonderful expression of just how I feel also!

Good job, Sven!

"When red-haired girls scamper like roses
over the rain-green grass,
and the sun drips honey.""
Laurie Lee

Kathleen

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
22 posted 2000-11-01 05:39 PM

Wow - That was one very rapid year - It's astounding how much fun we've had, isn't it?.. Nice work, my friend.. Keep it up..
Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

23 posted 2000-11-01 06:20 PM

Sven, I am truly filled with pride and honor that you have mentioned me among such wonderful poets here.  Thank you for such a wonderful welcome, and such wonderful kindness.  ~Softly smiling~  

On the wings of words our spirits fly, and our souls are free.

juliet_2u
since 2000-07-23
Posts 1125
North Carolina
24 posted 2000-11-01 06:51 PM

Now Sven would it be the south if I didn't have iced tea? And you can have all the lemon you desire. Ok time for me to check on the home made pecan pie I have in the oven.
Juls

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
25 posted 2000-11-01 06:57 PM

Beautiful reflections of your wonderful poet friends Sven...congrats and you'll have many many more I just know it.....very well done from the heart and soul..take care....ethome
Sven
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
26 posted 2000-11-01 10:30 PM

emily, we all belong here. . . thank you. . .

James, thank you my friend. . . I know that you've been here a while as well. . . and I know of no one who has a heart like yours. . .

Wilfred, thank you sir. . . I've had this idea for a while now. . . and thought that this would be a good time to do it. . . and thanks for the congrats on the 4,000. . .

Bonnie, like I said. . . it's all of us. . . we are Passions. . . thank you. . .  

Kathleen, I know!  Isn't it cool??     Does this mean that we're moving at the same pace??  lol thank you my friend. . .

Nan, you're telling me!!  Seems like forever ago you were helping me get that goofy pic of me up there. . . thanks!!  

GS, thank you my friend. . . there's always room for one more. . . so glad that you're here. . .  

Juls, moon pie??  Oh, ok. . . just so long as I don't have to have greens!!

ethome, thank you. . . I'm blessed to be surrounded by all of these wonderful people, including you. . .  

--------------------------------------------------------------

--Victor Frankl

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
27 posted 2000-11-01 11:40 PM

Hi Sven,

4000 WOW I am so happy for you, because I know every post you made was filled with true love and affection for thee other. I know when you visted my post you made me simle so, and I cried also because I heard words so filled with loving wisdom and knew that you really ment for me to hear with open mind and heart, I was not afraid of that wisdom being bad, it was truly from your heart and I thank you so very much. You are a friend I will cherish always.

Love, Cerenity  

"God doesn't have to be reminded that we exist.
We have to be reminded that He exist!"

(Writer Unknown)

Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
28 posted 2000-11-02 01:24 PM

Hi there Sven Congratulations on 4000!!!  I really loved this piece it placed pictures of the past almost couple of years here at Passions and made me remember things that made me laugh and made me cry and made me feel like I had friends here that cared about me and noticed when I'm away and when I return!!  I enjoyed reading this emensely!!!  By the way thank you for being one of the ones who makes me feel happy about being here at PIP!!!

Take Care,
Bridgette  

"Somewhere, somehow, it should be possible to touch someone and never let go again. To hold someone, not for a moment but forever." Unknown

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
29 posted 2000-11-02 10:22 PM

Sven,

Congratulations on your 4000th post!!!!!  You have marked the occasion with a wonderful tribute to those who make Passions what it is for us all . . . the poets, and of course, Ron.  Where would we all be without him?  Wow!  

Excellent work!!  

Lone Wolf

Poetry should surprise by fine excess...it should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thoughts and appear almost a remembrance. -J.Keats

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
30 posted 2000-11-05 04:58 AM

Sven hon I missed this, so here I am admiring your photo's and how greatful I am that you have shared them with us...you are an incredible person, poet and a wonderful friend...here's to you kid  
Love your heart and spirit always
winged ~HUGS~ floating my way to you
Tracie~

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
31 posted 2000-11-05 05:06 PM

Congratulations on 4,000 Sven! I'm so sorry I missed this, but came back searching as I've been admiring so many of your Passions Gallery pieces. It's a wonderful idea, and a beautiful tribute to those who have touched your romantic heart. To 4,000 more ....  

Best wishes,
/Kit

CocoBaci
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 3043

32 posted 2000-11-06 01:29 AM

Sven, my tardy Felications are sent to you tonite on 4000... my oh my you've been a busy man

This poem holds dear to my heart because I just adore seeing how friendships blossom and as it is penned from your heart it's a jewel of its own kind.

Coco

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
33 posted 2000-11-10 07:21 PM

Belated congrats on post 4000 and may your gallery always be full  
kaile
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
34 posted 2000-11-24 08:49 PM

ah, so this is the one that started it all..i have fastened my seat belt and am ready for the Ride.....
Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
35 posted 2000-11-25 01:42 AM

OK, so I'm a little behind here.....
This is awesome Sven...an excellent tribute to your friends!
Isn't it nice to know that so many friends are made here at Passions?
Now I must hurry along and do some catch up reading!  

~Sheri

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things
left by those who got there first"

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
36 posted 2004-04-18 08:18 PM

classic!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » Passions Gallery-Introduction (and 4,000th post)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary