navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » ramblings of a m a d man
Open Poetry #10
Post A Reply Post New Topic ramblings of a m a d man Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
The Jackal
since 1999-08-13
Posts 426
Springfield, Massachusetts U.S.A

0 posted 2000-10-22 02:15 AM

p  oi  ntl    ess(abstract thinking/let me help you CHOOSE A PATH IN LIFE)
..wo         rt hless
(opinions are ev erywhere..un for tunat e ly/thats what you get for being  c r eative)

ca   rele s  s ne ss
   (angel of apathy  watch over me/let me stray from this light of certainty..they dont care for me why should i care for them?)

ins  ec   ure(act now face reality later act now face yourself later..mirrors mirrors destory all mirrors)

irr    elevant..(oh arent we alll/speak slowly from what we hand fed you/we will give you concerns and worries/and uneasy minds..but only ones we choose.NO SELFISH : im·pro·vi·sa·tion
)

consu   mer envy(for the consumer in you..for the consumer in me/buy buy buy//need more want more need more want more..)

win/ning(to the victor the spoils/the richs..the insanity..the depression..the unreliability)

and los/ing..(shame to the masses.a mess to clean up..the horror the horror..dishonor/debase m ent)

money(glory of greed..feed feed feed..green paper for dinner but no ones invited)

pain and misery(pity factory..keep it coming..gotta feed the kids on it/its the future)

the vain and the egos..(media mayhem..sel l sell sell-not enough to go around /heads get bigger till they burst)
t
he suicide(quit while your ahead..there so much to live for/the world needs you)
  the sadness( your not alone..you are not alone/i will see you in the next life/look at the beauty of the smog..how perfect that little patch of sky is..)

(o n a clear day  you can eat every dream
  and   inhale a lie)

Pe s s imi sm (unwillingness to get over the bad /never able to lo o k on the
br ight b eautiful  side/ life is gentle and good/it co uld be worse/ch eer up ?  SMILE/lau gh drin k ..die anyway(negativity nevers get anyone anywhere)

no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate

© Copyright 2000 John Dixon - All Rights Reserved
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

1 posted 2000-10-23 12:44 PM

(negativity nevers get anyone anywhere)

clever last thought...

I'm curious as to the motivation for the broken words...?

o n a clear day  you can eat every dream
  and   inhale a lie

yup...I agree.
You can be blinder on clear days...

I like this..interesting, and a good play into experimental poetry..

K

"He looked across the
silky surface of the Severn...
it was a famously difficult
river with fierce tides..."

From Jack Maggs

The Jackal
since 1999-08-13
Posts 426
Springfield, Massachusetts U.S.A
2 posted 2000-10-23 12:57 PM

broken words for broken lives..at least that was my mindset,thank you for your reply

no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #10 » ramblings of a m a d man

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary