navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » I Am - }X{Angel}X{ - Challenge
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Am - }X{Angel}X{ - Challenge Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California

0 posted 2000-04-30 11:00 AM

"I AM"

I am love unmeasured, darkness unending.
I wonder will I always feel this alone.
I hear bells toll in the distance.
I see faces laughing at me in the clouds.
I want to believe in happiness

I pretend to enjoy life.
I feel this masque is failing me.
I touch the walls of emptiness.
I worry I may never break through.
I cry that none really know "me".

I understand God has His reasons.
I say, "Where found true, Love lasts forever."
I dream of one day holding her.
I try to give my love unconditionally.
I hope to somehow make a difference

Michael Anderson

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 04-30-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Michael Anderson - All Rights Reserved
Brandyn Sand
since 2000-04-21
Posts 82
Columbia, SC
1 posted 2000-04-30 11:06 AM

I am somewhat at a loss for words on this one. *S* Even after reading it a third time, I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness, in spite of the beauty you've penned.  

RSEvans
since 1999-10-23
Posts 1147
Tulsa, OK, USA
2 posted 2000-04-30 11:10 AM

To equate oneself with darkness...that is a bottomless pit, Michael...don't fall into it.  Beautiful poem though.
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2000-04-30 11:19 AM

You are also a magnificent poet!! I see future poetry in these lines....... And you know what? I am glad you are my friend...
Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
4 posted 2000-04-30 11:21 AM

I believe this to be a challenge well met.  Such a sad and lonely feeling this poem has...but there is still the glimmer of hope entwined within the layers.  I think that's wonderful, for without hope what is there?     

Michael dear you've written something that is 'you' with eloquence, but it only scratches the surface of who I know to be a very unique and wonderful man.  

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
5 posted 2000-04-30 12:05 PM

This is beautiful, Michael...I can feel such pain in your words and yet also the glimmer of hope that will never die. Great answer to this challenge.

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

6 posted 2000-04-30 01:26 PM

I was so hoping you'd write one for this.
I knew it would be special and it is.
It speaks volumes of the "I am" that lives in your poets heart.
Its sadness overwhelms me...as does its honest beauty...
and it is so darkly beautiful.
But the hope laced in with the darkeness
lets me know you still search for the light.

"I am love unmeasured, darkness unending."

Only you could write this line...
and it effects me deeply...all who reads it.
You DO make a difference M, everyday...
with every poem, every word.
And Satiate is SO RIGHT...there is SO much more to you than darkness.
You are so special.

~as always, Take Care,JM~
--------------
I know it's been a long road
To get these towns behind me and I
Will gladly reap what we may sow--
I am there for you ...
and you're there for me ...
Are you waiting for
Heart in hand
Woman and man
See me where I stand I am
Heart
Heart in hand
~vertical horizon~

devina
Member Elite
since 1999-10-28
Posts 3539
Cali
7 posted 2000-04-30 02:03 PM

You've written quite the verse with this one Michael...Sadness, yes...but I've seen those beautiful smiles firsthand...and you definantly NEED to smile more...not because of someone else...but because you're YOU...That's what counts hun- but I think you know that!! Take care...

Open arms can be the most fragile in the world...

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
8 posted 2000-04-30 02:26 PM

Throughout your many works here, there has been darkness, sadness, and depression....but over all has been love: the love of love, and the need to be loved.  Very eloquent, moving answer to the challenge, Michael.  I truly hope you find the one to understand the real you, who can love and be loved, as you so desire inside.

Pax Poeticus, my friend.

Alicat

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
9 posted 2000-04-30 03:55 PM

It is difficult to adiquatelt discribe one's self in a few lines. You have done a wonderful job my friend. The Michael that I know is more then the Dark Lord personified, he is love and hope and compassion. Well done my friend and may the light always warm your soul.  
doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
10 posted 2000-04-30 04:04 PM

Excellent, Michael! I see you in every line and your heart shines through... you are a fine writer!
Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
11 posted 2000-04-30 04:15 PM

~michael

as always your poetry touches me somewhere deep inside, a place that i try to act like doesn't exist. i stand in awe of you...not only do you write with such rare honesty and depth, but you write it with such amazing power and grace. i share a little secret with you   i don't think the rest of your days are gonna be as bad as you might think. no, in fact my friend i think i see some very happy times laying in store for you. i could impart some wise words here, but i dont know many lol. so i will simply say you met this challenge with dignity and beauty!

take care & God bless!

~amy~  

~Live today as though it were your last but prepare for tomorrow as though it were here~

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

12 posted 2000-04-30 08:24 PM

I pray your love always remains unmeasured, and your darkness lit in candlelight
and that loneliness only means solitude and bells are bells of faith
that clouds roll from faces that taunt to burning sun where happiness is more than a belief, but a reality
I hope that life brings you the hour when the masks is drawn, and the walls of emptiness you touch, you touch from the outside
and that the real you has already made a difference, only the clouds, the sun, the bells, and the candles need to deliver it to the one waiting to be held. God bless you

Kathleen
indy31_99@yahoo.com

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
13 posted 2000-04-30 10:58 PM

Many big HUGS! Don't worry so much about love, worry about YOU! It will come along, it will!

<*\\\><

Our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
14 posted 2000-04-30 11:06 PM

Remarkable beauty and sadness..yes, this does seem to describe you, at least from how much I know you.  Your words continue to touch me like few others, my friend.  

*Krista Knutson*

"Lonliness is the human condition."
*Mark Twain, in the book "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"*

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

15 posted 2000-05-01 12:27 PM

Incredible, you are...as always, and thank you for making me write, ANYWAY...A mile of smiles for you.
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
16 posted 2000-05-01 01:05 AM

Touching, sad and well done, Michael.  You are a gifted poet!
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
17 posted 2000-05-01 05:37 AM

Brandyn, Thank you and welcome to Passions.

Robert, I feel myself falling daily, my friend.  How does one stop once it starts?

PdV, I am honored that you call me friend.  

Nicole, I have seen hope in many things, my dear. But never so much as I have in you.  Thank you for shining even in my darkest days.

ESP, 'tis  the contradiction that is my life, hope from pain and pain from hope...

Janet, I am but a man... but I consider myself lucky to have friends like you...

Devina, I agree I should smile a bit more, although I think I could stand to find a better reason...

Ali, and I thank you for bringing this challenge into the open.  So far as finding "the one"...  only through love given unconditionally will love be returned unconditionally...  I have every faith she will be there my friend.

Marilyn, Thank you so much.  I feel warmth in the light given me by my friends in this forum.

Amy, I would love to see what you envision for me over there... Maybe I could have you be my personal fortune teller...  I'd surely have lots to smile about then, no?

Irish Rose, thank you for your kind words.

serenity - Glad to give you a push my dear...

Thank you all for the gracious comments.

Michael

Tess
since 2000-03-22
Posts 288
Australia
18 posted 2000-05-01 08:20 AM

"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving
of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be
found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve
your love and affection."  Buddha  This quote came to mind when i was reading your poem. From what i have read in your words, and the replies to this and other poems, you are deserving of that all encompassing love. I hope you can break through that unending darkness and find the light of love within and without.  

"Love is the only drug you can take that will convince you each time
that you've never had it before."
~author unknown~

desperado
since 1999-05-24
Posts 312
FT Hood,Tx
19 posted 2000-05-01 11:11 AM

Mike -

ok here it is.  I'm supposed to offer some insightful thought provoking word or two to get a smile out of you and yet at the same time tell you how good this was and let you know that you are a good friend to have.  I just can't think about how to say it, but when the aliens return my mind tomorrow night (they had to take it back to their offices on pluto to get the sanity part rechecked. ) I'll come back and let you know.  lol  ok maybe not.  but seriously, this was a good poem that accurately described what I know about you.  you are a great guy and I have no doubt that sooner or later she will make herself known.  hopefully it will be sooner.  take care of yourself Micheal, and remember the blessings that God has given you.  He has plans for you.   )  

"There were times in my life
when I was going insane
tryin to walk through
the pain
when I lost my grip
and I hit the floor
yeah I thought I could leave but couldn't get out the door" - Aerosmith "Amazing"

Corazon
since 2000-02-02
Posts 1209

20 posted 2000-05-01 11:16 AM

really well written, sad yes, but the quality exceptional....the repeated line at the end of each verse....wow...
Skyfyre
since 1999-08-15
Posts 1906
Sitting in Michael's Lap
21 posted 2000-05-03 09:46 PM

Second stanza rocked, here ...  

I would like to see this further developed -- I think you could almost write a whole poem from each of these lines, if you put your considerable mind to it ...

--Me

Full fathom five thy father lies,
Of his bones are coral made,
Those are pearls that were his eyes;
Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange...

--William Shakespeare, from The Tempest

Corinne
Member Ascendant
since 1999-10-28
Posts 5167
state of confusion
22 posted 2000-05-04 12:28 PM

Your ability to always be open and true in your poetry is who you are, and we all benefit from being allowed to see YOU.

I think I speak for all when we wish you happiness, too.

Corinne

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
23 posted 2000-05-04 03:05 PM

Tess, your reply intrigued me.  I had never thought of it from that angle... makes perfect sense though.  I hope I can break through too...

James, everything you say is insightful and thought provoking...LOL  Can't wait till the aliens return however - for when they are with you - you are truly at your best...  and I hope you're right about God, too.

Corazon, I am so glad you enjoyed...

Kess, a true compliment, I thank you very much... and I might be up tio that challenge - would be fun me thinks.

Corinne, you all here are a big source of happiness for me.  I am "me" because of you.

Thank you all for the gracious comments.

Michael

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
24 posted 2000-07-05 06:28 AM

that must have taken a lot of you to bare such anguish and self-doubt down on paper...hold on to that glimmer of hope Mike and i do hope you will find your true love soon....
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » I Am - }X{Angel}X{ - Challenge

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary