navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Her Eyes.......(My last post as moderator)
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Her Eyes.......(My last post as moderator) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA

0 posted 2000-05-30 09:02 AM

As of today, I will no longer be moderator on passions per my own choice. With the recent and ongoing health problems I've been having and the serious relationship I'm in, I've found that my priorities have been a bit redirected. I have been trying to spend time on me...getting well mentally and physically, with my family, because of this, I have little time to be online. I just want to thank you all for your continued support of my work and I'll be dropping in from time to time to post and read. God bless you all
Hugs  
Ruth

Her Eyes

Her eyes can shine like diamonds
Or can slowly burn with fire
They can take you to the brink of passion
Consume you with desire

Her eyes can whisper secrets
Or shout with just one glance
They can speak of dreams and happiness
They can make a lame man dance

Her eyes can take you miles away
Or draw you in so deep
They’ll entice the sadest man to laugh
Or cause the strong to weep

Her eyes can raise you to new heights
Or bring you to your knees
They can cast you out into the wind
Or drown you in their seas

They can make you curse the heavens
Or thank the stars above
Her eyes can flash in waves of anger
Or can glimmer soft of love

Her eyes can make the wisest man
Look like a stumbling fool
They can reveal what’s in her heart
Be the windows to her soul

They can sparkle like the summer sun
Up in the sky so blue
But there’s nothing like the way they shine
When her eyes, they shine for you
< !signature-->

To love means never to be afraid of the windstorms of life: should you shield the canyons from the windstorms you would never see the true beauty of their carvings. ~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

[This message has been edited by hoot_owl_rn (edited 05-30-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Ruth Kephart - All Rights Reserved
Poertree
since 1999-11-05
Posts 1359
UK
1 posted 2000-05-30 09:19 AM

Ruth

We seemed to have missed each other for the last few months!  Sorry to see you "retire" but nice to hear you'll be devoting more time to y'self ... you deserve it .... and whatta poem to "go out" (sort of) with, great job...

see you soon

Philip

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
2 posted 2000-05-30 09:23 AM

Hi My Lady Hoot,

I am going to miss you and your wonderful poetry and I will keep my eyes open for your visits. I hope all gets better for you in all aspects of your life my dear, I will be thinking and praying in your behalf, please take care. And this was a awesome poem, a keeper for sure.

Love, Cerenity

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2000-05-30 09:25 AM

well, if you must go then promise me you will take care of your self and--
COOK BUT-- NOT EAT LOTS OF OATMEAL!!!!!!!!

I HAD TO--ONE LAST TIME!!

your poem is exquisite hoot-girl...
you always write with FIRE!!
take care and heal...
I'll be thinking of you...
jm

There are places inside our souls ...
that have never been touched.
There are places inside our hearts ...
that need to be loved this much.
~Janet Marie~

"What the caterpillar calls the end ...
The world calls a butterfly"
~Lao Tze Tao~
~Butterflies are meant to be free~

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2000-05-30 09:25 AM

I will miss this Moderator's pen...

be sure to come back when you can...

for I will miss looking into your eyes...

Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
5 posted 2000-05-30 09:30 AM

It is really sad to hear this, but like I always think, certain tough decisions need to be taken at correct times forcing ceratin unwarranted situations, but thats the way it is in the bizarre 4-letter word called LIFE.

Good Luck, Ruth, will be waiting to see what you offer at the times that you would hoot around...

by the way, this poem is a exotic poem written from deep within your soul... really enjoyed it, particularly the words,

Her eyes can raise you to new heights
Or bring you to your knees
They can cast you out into the wind
Or drown you in their seas
They can sparkle like the summer sun
Up in the sky so blue
But there’s nothing like the way they shine
When her eyes, they shine for you

the shine from your eyes will be missed...and be long awaited always
Take care,
regards, sudhir

Hey you, out there in the cold,
Getting lonely, getting old, can you feel me?
Hey you, standing in the aisle,
With itchy feet and fading smile, can you feel me?
Hey you, don't help them to bury the light.
Don't give in without a fight.
Hey you, out there on your own,
Sitting naked by the phone, would you touch me?
Hey you, with your ear against the wall,
Waiting for someone to call out, would you touch me?
Hey you, would you help me to carry the stone?
Open your heart, I'm coming home....

by Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) - The Wall

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
6 posted 2000-05-30 09:30 AM

Philip...we always pass like two ships in the night anymore...keep Jim on his toes in CA for me  

Cerenity....thank you for all your kind replies to my poetry, I'll stop in to say hi  

Janet Marie...giggling here, you and that oatmeal. Things in that aspect of my life are wonderful and we are looking to make it a permanant thing sometime in the future...oh no, bells   Thanks for everything, you're a dear...hugs  

Sunshine...you truly fit your name, for you are a breath of sunshine here at passions   Thank you

Sudhir Iyer...you snuck in there on me. Thank you so much, your words are always so kind. Rest assured, I am not putting away the pen, only the moderators hat  

lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho
7 posted 2000-05-30 09:35 AM

I tried to retare 'bout 5 years ago and it seams my job has in creesed a thundred fool. If ya all sikceed... would ya find an e-sail and tell me jus how you pooled it oof. Oh, and please no italisided cursive.

God Bless, &

All my best Ruth (I mean Lucky)

< !signature-->

If I could paint a portrait, of this life in which I've led, and somehow sketch a story, of the visions in my head, I'd start out with a canvas, stretched tightly in a frame, and in the bottom corner, I'd leave room to sign my name.  (Michelle A. Bartley)

[This message has been edited by lucky (edited 05-30-2000).]

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

8 posted 2000-05-30 09:39 AM

Beautiful as always, Ruth! You will be missed around here, so stop in as often as you can!  

Love ya,
Denise

Corazon
since 2000-02-02
Posts 1209

9 posted 2000-05-30 09:47 AM

yep, will be missed for sure, but I am happy for the changes in your life, you sound happier than ever  )
this is a wonderful poem....describes a woman to a *t*....big hugs lady and good luck  

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
10 posted 2000-05-30 11:22 AM

I feel sad that you have decided to do this, but so overwhelmingly happy that you now have someone in your life that appreciates the lovely woman you are. Take care of your health, I can see that your happiness is shining in your words. Hope to read you soon. Take care, Sharon
wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)
11 posted 2000-05-30 11:29 AM

hoot owl yuh wee thee to keep me in line but there are no good byes thanky goodness for that this poem is so well written you have a good day and come back
LngJhnAg
Member Elite
since 1999-07-23
Posts 3508
Boot+Kitty=Poetry in motion
12 posted 2000-05-30 11:39 AM

Hootessa - I'm glad I got back in time to say, "Farewell, fine lady."  I pray you will find recovery swift, and love deep.  smooch
Parker
Member Elite
since 2000-01-06
Posts 3129
ON
13 posted 2000-05-30 11:51 AM

Hoot, this was a wonderful last post, to exit your responsibilities. Go get healthy, have fun and make lots of love, and do come back now here.

Parker

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
14 posted 2000-05-30 11:56 AM

Lucky...I haven'y got a clue about retiring....but when ever I get to that point (at about 100 from the looks of social security today) I'll fill you in on all the details  

Denise...you'd have to hog tie me to keep me out   Thanks for everything you are my friend  

Corazon...you are a dear person and one who would know more than anyone what this means to me in my life right now. I am at a place I didn't think I would ever be at and I'm taking the time to enjoy it. Big hugs my friend, I'll keep in touch  

PDV...Not to worry, passions is still home and sometimes it's nice to leave home for a while, but it's also always nice to return  

walt...try and stop me  

LJA...Hey, it's nice to see you around Sir Long John...friendly smooch here from me too. I'll be around, just perhaps not as active as I once was  

Parker...I'll try my best  

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
15 posted 2000-05-30 11:57 AM

i'm so very happy to hear that life is treating you so well... that you are taking care of yourself and that you have someone to share your time with you.... i pray your health problems will be minimized and vanish and that your new directions take you to fulfilling places you had only before dreamed about...

this was a very lovely poem and i enjoyed seeing through your eyes if only for a moment

god bless and take care! best of life to you!

doreen

TerryW
since 2000-03-23
Posts 779
Louisville, Mississippi, USA
16 posted 2000-05-30 12:14 PM

Ruth~
     Well, my friend, I am sorry to see you go for any length of time, because I know I will miss you.  But I am so happy for you that you are at a place in your life where you are finding what you have searched for and I want more than anyone for you to have the time to enjoy it.  I wish you all the blessings that you could ever have.  And remember, ewven if you don't come back to passions as frequently as you once did, there is still a little thing called   ***E-Mail***

Love Ya, Dear~

Take Care~

{{{{Great Big Hugs}}}}

~you reached inside, you touched my heart,
and I am all the better for it~
Terry A. Woodson, Jr.

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
17 posted 2000-05-30 12:40 PM

Doreen...thank you so very much for your kind words. Remember, there's always a few men waiting in your mailbox for you and I can probably send a few addresses your way if you'd like  

Terry...you my friend are a dear. Yes, there is e-mail so don't forget to use it also if you haven't heard from me for a bit, I'll be around and my mailbox is always open   Love Ya too...hugs  

Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
18 posted 2000-05-30 12:41 PM

Dear Hoot

Thank you for treating us to this beautiful poem
Thank you for all you've done, for your love, your devotion, your poetry, your inspiration.
Be well, come back often to visit and to share you words and thoughts
God be with you
Liz

Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
19 posted 2000-05-30 12:53 PM

I wish these were my eyes...you will be missed, Hoot!

Elizabeth

"He have his goodness now. God forbid I take it from him!"
-The Crucible

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
20 posted 2000-05-30 03:14 PM

I am so pleased to hear such happiness in your words...you have been such a constant, caring friend and poet, know that I wish you the wonderful growing building bridge to peace and love.  Take care and hope to see you once and a while!
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
21 posted 2000-05-30 04:53 PM

Good to see you smiling Ruth, you deserve it..   

Lots of HUSG

CocoBaci
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 3043

22 posted 2000-05-30 05:15 PM

Hoot, for the short time I've been on line I have enjoyed reading your verses that rhyme.  
All of these you've shared have been written with such grace and style that only one named 'Hoot' can be the bearer.

May your days ahead be happy ones
Coco

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

23 posted 2000-05-30 05:21 PM

Ruth, it's sad to see you retire honey,   but I'm so glad you'll be taking time for youself and your loved ones. I'm so happy to see you happy sweetie. come back soon ok. This poem is absolutley beautiful.
((((((HUGS))))))  
Maree
< !signature-->

Je t'aime plus qu'hier et moins que demain."
I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow
(unkown)

[This message has been edited by Dark Angel (edited 05-30-2000).]

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
24 posted 2000-05-30 05:23 PM

dear ruth, you will be sorely missed here, as a moderator, friend, critic, and beautifully talented poet.

This poem definitely exemplifies all the wiles of feminine charm. and let me say that not all of those gifts are always appreciated. like bringing us to our knees. that's painful for some of us, you know. especially when you just do it for fun. but you women aren't all bad either. i don't know what i'd do without chicks.

a good ending to a saga in your life. come back and visit!

We all got somethin' we need to atone for.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
25 posted 2000-05-30 06:19 PM

Although we've only known each other less than a year, I feel I've known you all my life. Be well, Ruth, and if Bozo doesn't treat you the way you deserve to be, there's a balladeer, long john and Toe that are gonna have a little "talk" with him because you are family and we look out for our own. Be well, Ruth. Many people here love you. I am one.
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
26 posted 2000-05-30 06:22 PM

Ruth, I haven't been at this site very long, but in the short time I have been here it has been like one big family. I shall miss your beautiful poems and wonderful words, and the selfish part of me will miss your supportive and kind coments. Take care, may God be by your side always.  

------------------------
"Here chewing your tail is joy"

Richey Edwards

"Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time".

Baltimore Grotto

"Will you accuse me as I hide Behind these layers of disguise And the mirrors of my own happiness.I've loved the freedom of being inside
Need a new start and a different time
Something grows in the space between me
And it's twisting and changing this fragile body" -Nicky Wire

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
27 posted 2000-05-30 06:26 PM

Beautiful poetry and the last line says it all...this is what life is about.   Take care.  James
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
28 posted 2000-05-30 08:03 PM

Now Ruth... If you're really gonna insist on running off and being in love... humph... The least you can do is write while you're off having fun.. You still have a pen & paper, right??? I mean, after all - what's better to read than stuff about the "real thing"...????
There's no rest for the happy and contented, ya know...

Come visit soon & often, my friend..
Love ya
Nancy..

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
29 posted 2000-05-30 08:15 PM

Ruth~

This was just lovely, my friend.  A wonderful poem that speaks of the love you have found.  I am so happy to hear of your good fortune!!  I have missed you lately and hope we can e-mail and keep in touch from time to time.  Would love to talk to you sometime you have a chance.  Thanks for all you have done!!  

Lone Wolf

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
30 posted 2000-05-30 08:33 PM

My Friend~

Love ya'
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
31 posted 2000-05-30 08:34 PM

Liz...you are and will always be a great inspiration to me. I look forward to meeting you and Denise someday  

Elizabeth...thank you  

Martie...I'll be sure to post from time to time and thanks so much for all your wonderful comments on my poems  

Rainbow Girl...What can I say?  

CocoBaci...thank you so much for your kind, kind words  

Dark Angel...I'll be seeing you on ICQ if I miss you in here. Love you my friend   Hugs

Ethan Halo...yeah, chicks can be okay sometimes   Thank you

Balladeer...I'll be sure to keep that in mind and I love you also my dear friend, your poetry, your help with my poetry have helped me to grow over the past year as a poet myself. Thanks for the inspiration and help  

Brian...thank you and I'll stop by from time to time to read your lovely work  

James...isn't it?? Thanks so much and try not to be too hard on Philip...he's an okay guy and so are you  

Nan...I'm most certainly not putting down my pen and you all have suffered through my pain I think you deserve to enjoy some of my happiness  

Lone Wolf...be strong girl...I know you are going through some tough times, but know my thoughts are with you. We'll catch up on ICQ and e-mail. Hugs  

Marge...I love you too hon  

All of you...you are not making this very easy on me...thanks so much for the wonderful comments, many of which have brought me to tears today and again, thanks for all the love and support you have showed me. You are a great bunch of people  

Tara Simms
since 1999-08-12
Posts 1244
Honea Path, SC USA
32 posted 2000-05-30 09:00 PM

Ruth, I'll miss seeing your work.  It never ceased to amaze me.  Thank you for helping out this fledgling poet the way you have.  Perhaps someday, we'll both have bylines together in Our Journey.  What an honor that'd be!

It matters not how strait the gate;
How charged with punishments the scroll;
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
--W.E. Henley

miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.
33 posted 2000-05-31 10:10 PM

i guess im a little too late and i hope you still get this.  When i first found this site i was just someone who came on to read.  Your poem was the first one i ever read.  I loved it and it inspired me to write.  i remember thanking you and i will do it again.  Thank you hoot owl...you helped me pick up the pen that was put down for such a long time.  I know my poetry will never compare with yours, but it's nice to know that i can still get inspired.  Take care of yourself and don't forget to drop by once and a while.  we will miss you hoot-owl.
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
34 posted 2000-06-01 05:56 AM

I've enjoyed so many of your poems HootOwl ... This was an absolutely wonderful "good-bye" post. Your pen and heart will be missed.

Best wishes,
/Kit

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
35 posted 2000-06-01 06:57 AM

Dear Hoot,

I have loved every single one of your poems that I have read...I will miss you. I wish you all the best in your life and look forward to your visits here. This is a great poem....really lovely.

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

lorilockheart
since 2000-05-06
Posts 206
Alabama
36 posted 2000-06-01 07:01 AM

We'll miss you, but understand.  I enjoyed this poem so much - such warm, touching thoughts.  I'll be thinking about you and hope wonderful things come your way!

Lori

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean. Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens. Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance. And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance - I hope you dance.
song by LeeAnn Womack
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
37 posted 2000-06-01 08:34 AM

Tara...it will happen and yes, what an honor that will be  

Miriam...thank you so much...to have inspired another to write, I can think of no higher compliment you could ever have paid me  

Kit...thanks from the bottom of my heart  

Esp...thank you so much for your kind words, they mean a great deal  

Lori...thank you  

Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
38 posted 2000-06-01 11:07 AM

Hoot, thanks for the memories, the kind responses, and the advice at times when it was needed.
Wishing you the best health and success in your relationship.
You were an excellent moderator!
Best wishes,
Danny

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
39 posted 2000-06-02 10:25 AM

Ah....Danny, thank you my dear friend...you are an excellent poet and don't ever let anyone convince you otherwise.

Everyone....Thank you all for your kind replies to this post. I love you all  

fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

40 posted 2000-06-02 10:32 AM

Although I've not been here long enough to appreciate this poet and to feel her loss, I still thought this latest poem was quite well done.

I wrote a similar poem earlier.  Well, it wasn't about eyes, but about a woman I'd seen in a picture.

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
41 posted 2000-06-02 11:08 PM

Take care, dear Hoot. Your poems are insightful and delightful... your caring and compassion are even lovelier than your words. *S* I wish you every happiness and a long life of good health. And if Toe, LJA, and Balladeer need help, I'll be glad to kick ankles if your man isn't good to you... for you deserve the very best! From one Ruth to another... enjoy every moment!!
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
42 posted 2000-06-02 11:41 PM

Gee, way down the list here, with all those heavyweight poets above me, I feel kinda small, but did want to say that although I know you not, what I have read of your work, including this piece, and from all the comments I have seen, not knowing you has been my loss, indeed.  The best to you in life....

jwesley

Eloise
since 1999-11-27
Posts 1096
Wyoming
43 posted 2000-06-03 02:03 AM

And just when I got back to Passions!  Beautiful poem Ruth.  I will need to go back and catch up on some of your others from the past few months.  Will look forward to reading when you post. Good luck and take care.
tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
44 posted 2000-06-03 02:24 AM

Dearest Ruth
We will miss you as moderator and poet so much but like you say you must take time out for you and we understand.
I wish you the best of health and happiness always in everything you do.
Take care and Hugs
Tracie~
P.S I loved your poem, just you to a *T*  

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

Slashed soul
since 2000-03-29
Posts 86
England
45 posted 2000-06-03 06:19 AM

goodbye friend, I bid your ship farewell, may you keep it from the rocks of destiny and stars guide your way when you seem lost.....

-Rich-

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
46 posted 2000-06-03 06:05 PM

Ruth...you will be sorely missed by this wannabe poet. You were always a great inspiration and full of encouragement. I'm glad you are not doing away with your pen. You will be missed as a moderator though. Love and hugs....best wishes in your health and personal relationships. Shawna

Poetry~ Words falling on paper, painting a dream.

Shawna R. Holder
Boise, Idaho

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Her Eyes.......(My last post as moderator)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary