navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » hope, faith and the other
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic hope, faith and the other Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Slashed soul
since 2000-03-29
Posts 86
England

0 posted 2000-05-28 05:31 PM

Old english fields full of history,
corn sways to the silent sound of the past,
men walked and died before me,
I find comfort in the knowledge that men survived hardship, not hardship I understand.

Where have these souls gone,
do they just vanish, or enter another dimension?
questions I ask myself, a romantic notion of the afterlife.

Existing humans touch the cold surface of the stones, looking for answers, answers to their fears.
maybe finding faith in themselves.

I stand on the stones and gaze upwards in to the sky, noting the angry anvils of the storm approaching, Its power bewilders me, fascinates me.
my mind blanks, I too seek answers from chaos.

A toss of the coin desides my fate, heads she loves me, tails she does not, the coin spins for a moment in the air, I will it to say she loves me, I take a breath as it lands softly in my palm, wondering what the outcome of my love will be.
Heads it is, so love me do.

-Rich-

I get knocked down, but i get up again!

© Copyright 2000 RJEHKing - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2000-05-28 08:20 PM

Rich~
'Where have these souls gone,
do they just vanish, or enter another dimension?
questions I ask myself, a romantic notion of the afterlife.'

My personal belief is that we are living the 'afterlife' of another time in the here and now.  The spirits of all who've gone before us walk within us today.

Great attitude in your last remark ....
Way to go !
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

2 posted 2000-05-29 12:50 PM

Enjoyed this -- especially how you describe the coming thunderheads as angry anvils. Only one complaint: in the last line, all your thoughts are separated by commas and nothing else. You're missing a great chance to get people to pause and understand. It's sorta run together right now, when you read it. Don't be afraid of semicolons and dashes.  

Mike

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-05-29 08:34 AM

I so love to "question life" ... thank you for this wonderful thought-provoking verse Rich!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » hope, faith and the other

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary