navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » the migration of the birds IV
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic the migration of the birds IV Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rene
since 2000-04-24
Posts 113

0 posted 2000-05-27 09:29 PM

Rome
was the centre one of the first great civilizations.
it is said that it was built by two brothers and in a sacred place, on top of seven hills a spot chosen by the gods.
the location was a bad one, the Tiber often floded and silted up making passage dificult.

the main problems faced by Rome where wars on the frontiers and corruption both in the senate and of the govenors of the provinces which caused occasional uprisings.

Rome was a centre for science and was very advanced for it's day

Now we can fly to the moon.
Everything is better

© Copyright 2000 rene - All Rights Reserved
devina
Member Elite
since 1999-10-28
Posts 3539
Cali
1 posted 2000-05-28 11:54 PM

I get your point here...and I LOVE the sarcasm!!!  

Open arms can be the most fragile in the world...

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
2 posted 2000-05-29 03:52 PM

I remember that myth about Roma and his brother, reared by a wolf. Was it that it was built by both of them and the fought to death over who should name and rule the city?

I must admit this poem threw me off, because the other poems shared a similar mood, and this one is just so different. I guess that is whay they are in parts. I am enjoying teh series even I don't fully understand what the big picture or main theme is. Care to enlighten me?

------------------------
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? "
Douglas Adams.

"Here chewing your tail is joy"

Richey Edwards

"Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time".

Baltimore Grotto

"Do not listen to a word I say
Just listen to what I can keep silent"

Nicky Wire

rene
since 2000-04-24
Posts 113

3 posted 2000-05-30 01:28 PM

the series is about the cyclicity of everything, but i guess  if i have to tell you the series isn't really working
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » the migration of the birds IV

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary