navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Love's Death
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Love's Death Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rachL
since 2000-05-27
Posts 3

0 posted 2000-05-27 04:25 PM

The Death of Love

Love is more powerful than a fearsome dictator at the height of his might
Love can break down walls, but when numerous walls are in its way it will not conquer all, for it is accompanied by jealousy, spite, and torment
When true love dies, it drags a part of me with it and leaves a somber line upon my heart which cannot be obliterated
Love stings like a child’s first injection, and burns like a Band-Aid torn from a lover’s heart
Love is to be guided upon a pedestal like a goddess, and thrust to the ground with a powerful blow
Love has the deceptive appearance of a of a crisp, juicy apple, but contains a dreadful poison not unlike the apple savored by Snow White
Love is not to be played with like a simple board game, for when it dies, it feels like a piercing knife groping your heart
While crimson blood is spilt upon the floor, you feel alone like a child lost in a crowd. A child that will remain consumed in pain, forgotten, undesired
I would not die a thousand deaths to love once, but rather die one meaningful death if forced to live without it

-Rachel

© Copyright 2000 rachL - All Rights Reserved
X Angel
since 1999-11-07
Posts 1521
Oregon
1 posted 2000-05-27 07:11 PM

Hi   great thoughts, but I'm going to move them to Open Poetry Forum for you so other poets can enjoy this too
~Heather

Rhavin
since 2000-05-27
Posts 28

2 posted 2000-05-27 07:24 PM

So far I have to say you have my favorite poem on this site.  I absolutly love it.  I am really looking forward to reading more from you.  I hope you write much more in the time to come.

insect
since 2000-04-22
Posts 1014

3 posted 2000-05-27 07:34 PM

Excellent writing!
Welcome to passions!
I don't think that I could
live without love .

Jeffrey Carter
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
State of constant confusion!
4 posted 2000-05-27 08:14 PM

Hi   welcome to passions

Love sometimes is what you make of it, however it does take two to tango hehe

All my love,
Jeffrey

I lie awake in a world filled with dreams,
but dreams can be so real when you don't know you're asleep

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Love's Death

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary