navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Dawn (inspired by the challenge of Poet deVine)
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dawn (inspired by the challenge of Poet deVine) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LadySofia
since 2000-05-16
Posts 238
FL., USA

0 posted 2000-05-20 06:37 AM

Dawn

Yearning light,
Breaking dawn,
Shadows stilled,
Withered, begone.

Harking song
of sweetness bright
Where dewdrops play
in heavenly light

Yearning night,
Without fright,
Dancing waves,
Of fading sight.

Salute the mysteries
hidden abound
Within thyself
and all around

^_^ Amanda Piatt aka LadySofia

"To the innocent and ancient ones, the sparks which light our fires." Amanda Piatt

© Copyright 2000 Amanda Piatt - All Rights Reserved
Meadowmuse
Member Elite
since 1999-12-27
Posts 3263

1 posted 2000-05-20 07:39 AM

Amanda...lovely verse! The mysteries within thyself and all around...indeed...

~ Claire

Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?......Henry David Thoreau

LadySofia
since 2000-05-16
Posts 238
FL., USA
2 posted 2000-05-20 08:27 AM

Dear Claire,

Your vivid poem still in my heart doth lie.
Thank you !
Represented in this way...the mysteries of dawn and dusk mirror the ever-changing cycles within ourselves.

^_^ LadySofia

That time of year thou mayst in me behold, When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang, Upon those boughs which shake against the cold, Bare ruined choirs where late the sweet birds sang. In me thou see'st the twilight of such day, As after sunset fadeth in the west, Which by-and-by black night doth take away, Death's second self that seals up all in rest. In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire, That on the ashes of his youth doth lie, As the deathbed whereon it must expire, Consumed with that which it was nourished by. This thou perciev'st, which makes thy love more strong, To love that well which thou must leave ere long.
William Shakespeare

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2000-05-20 08:40 AM

LadySofia~
Astonishing insight to the dawning within us.
Glows with the light for sure.
Dusk is but the serenity of our dawn at rest.
I greatly enjoyed the images you presented here.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 2000-05-20 05:24 PM

Beautiful words! Put together to form a beautiful poem....Thank you for sharing this..don't know how my challenge helped you write this, but I'm glad it did.  
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
5 posted 2000-05-20 06:39 PM

Lovely!  
LadySofia
since 2000-05-16
Posts 238
FL., USA
6 posted 2000-05-21 06:04 AM

Well Poet deVine, I'm not quite sure I understood the challenge. It's only my second time doing one. When you said phrases, I thought you may have wanted enough for an idea, which is normally what I do when writer's block hits me. Marge, you are right when you say "the dawning within us". That is exactly what I was aiming at!  
Marty, thank you, and thank you all  

^_^ Amanda

That time of year thou mayst in me behold, When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang, Upon those boughs which shake against the cold, Bare ruined choirs where late the sweet birds sang. In me thou see'st the twilight of such day, As after sunset fadeth in the west, Which by-and-by black night doth take away, Death's second self that seals up all in rest. In me thou see'st the glowing of such fire, That on the ashes of his youth doth lie, As the deathbed whereon it must expire, Consumed with that which it was nourished by. This thou perciev'st, which makes thy love more strong, To love that well which thou must leave ere long.
William Shakespeare

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Dawn (inspired by the challenge of Poet deVine)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary