navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Confused emotions
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Confused emotions Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Angelwings
since 1999-08-27
Posts 222
IL, USA

0 posted 2000-05-19 01:49 AM

A new beginning
or is it the end?

Leaving my life here
leaving my friends!

My stable world is coming undone
Falling from beneath me.

I can not just leave
You can't make me see.

It will not make me stronger
How can I survive out there all alone?

I'm expected to change suddenly
To make all the decisions on my own!

How can one simple moment
make such a change?

One night, One paper, One simple phrase
"I present you with the class of 2000."
make my life so confused?

© Copyright 2000 Chelsea Thompson - All Rights Reserved
Tara Simms
since 1999-08-12
Posts 1244
Honea Path, SC USA
1 posted 2000-05-19 02:32 AM

I remember well the feelings you express in this!  I had looked forward to graduation all year and was rather surprised to find myself overwhelmed with conflicting emotions when the time finally came.  I dressed at a friend's house before the ceremony.  A good friend of ours stopped by before we left.  I asked him in a shaky voice "Do I look all grown up?"  He just smiled, shook his head, and said "no."  I felt so relieved!  

It matters not how strait the gate;
How charged with punishments the scroll;
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
--W.E. Henley

BrazilianGirl
since 2000-03-26
Posts 29

2 posted 2000-05-19 02:47 AM

I guess everyone feels like that on graduation, what we don't know when we graduate is that life is so wonderful and it gets much better when you see yourself growing and taking bigger steps.
good luck

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2000-05-19 07:23 AM

AngelWings~
I'm proud for you ...
and do not fear, you take your
friends with you in your heart.
Nicely put ....
CONGRATULATIONS !
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Angelwings
since 1999-08-27
Posts 222
IL, USA
4 posted 2000-05-19 11:47 AM

Thank you all for the congratulations and the many words of kindness.  Graduation is supposed to be such a wonderful time for everyone; however, people often forget that a child is expected to walk into the stadium and a woman exits. It's a wonderful time yes, but a very traumatic time as well.  Thank you all I need to get ready to start the graduation festivities.  
Meadowmuse
Member Elite
since 1999-12-27
Posts 3263

5 posted 2000-05-19 11:51 AM

Wonderful writing, and yes, a frightening time in your life, but you will gain confidence with each new trial if you just hang in there, and try not to take your mistakes too harshly...we all make them, and somehow we all live through them and (hopefully) learn from them.

Congratulations to you...embrace your "self"!!

~ Claire

Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?......Henry David Thoreau

Angelwings
since 1999-08-27
Posts 222
IL, USA
6 posted 2000-05-22 02:39 AM

Thank you so much meadowmuse your work truly is wonderful and graduation went wonderfully.  Thank you and always follow your dreams.
Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
7 posted 2000-05-23 09:01 AM

Hi Angelwings,

Pretty soon those beautiful little wings will turn in to an awesome foundation of life that you will have built and the confusion you now feel will be just a memory for you to tuck away to share with your own little angels some day.
Wonderful writting my dear.

Love,  Cerenity

Angelwings
since 1999-08-27
Posts 222
IL, USA
8 posted 2000-05-24 01:38 PM

Yet again Cerenity I see you have read my poem.  Thank for your words of kindness. It's often scary facing a new world, but I hope to spread my wings over this world and take it by surprise    I will do great things and make a difference.  Thanks again and good luck in your next writings.  I can't wait to read them.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Confused emotions

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary