navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » American beauty
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic American beauty Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2000-05-18 05:55 PM

American beauty

She was a local beauty queen
so graceful and devine.
The title was hers to hold and keep
Miss Los Alamitos of 1969.
I thought where has this beauty been all of my life
I must somehow make her mine.
So at last I had found the one to end my search
we soon were married in a beautiful church.
She had so much hope and beauty to share
her poise and elegance was beyond compare.
She had Betty Davis eyes and
Sophia Loren's breast and thighs.
Ann Margaret's perfect smile with
Barbara Eden's genie style.
Lauren Bacall's silky creamy hair
and some of Bridget Bardot's sexy flair.
The point I'm trying to make is that all of my thoughts an views of women were fake.
I truly did look at my wife that way.
That's truly why we're not married today.
Her outer beauty captured me in it lovely trance.
Her inner beauty never stood a chance.
And to this very day, I confess, I'm still sometimes guilty of looking at women this way.
My heart has not found the innner beauty that women possess because my eyes get in my hearts way.
I still think about my lovely and I still care
but both of us will always know that when time was on our side I was never there.
I received my reward for not loving my wife when she finally left me with out even saying goodbye.
"Let me make this perfectly clear.
I'm not sticking around here no more.
I know you didn't see me leave
but me and the kids are getting the hell out of here!!!"
If I freshly pulled the thoughts and emotions from my mind that I felt on that day.
It was the End of the World...what more can I say?
She was a local beauty queen.

Jameslee@May18,2000
forBethsolovely

[This message has been edited by jmlee12345 (edited 05-19-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
cutie2005
since 2000-04-30
Posts 148
Bennett, Colorado USA
1 posted 2000-05-18 06:07 PM

that was really good!! Nice job... I really liked it!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
2 posted 2000-05-18 06:16 PM

Well as a man I can relate, I think there is a part of us that makes us look at women in that "way" we are all guilty of it. It is stronger in some men than it is in the other. But just beauty alone is no substitute for love. I really enjoyed reading your poem, well writing.

Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
3 posted 2000-05-18 07:02 PM

Well this one this Very different for you James.  And just for the recond, let me say.........if you want to worship me.hey what the hell! LOL
But I think many people are guilty of this.  In all honesty I try to look "into" someone because in my opinion, what they look like today, isn't how they are going to look in a rocking chair beside me at age 80.

Of course if Antonio Bandarios wanted to date me........

Marina

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2000-05-19 05:00 PM

Thank you cutie, Brian, and Marina for reading and responding.  So true Brian..beauty is no substitute for Love...it can be very elusive.
Marina if I did worship you I know you wouldn't like it...because you would miss the friendship and the companionship that I have to offer...fascinating that there are still people like you in this world that consider long term relationships...most seem to think in terms of 2-5 years now.
Oh so its Antonio is it..now there's a nice Spanish Beauty for you..I'll make a deal...you keep him busy then I'll go for Melanie...or how about Richard Greer are you interested in him then maybe I'll have a chance with the lovely Julia.   James

Nate Dogg
since 1999-11-15
Posts 1658
Georgia, Fulton
5 posted 2000-05-22 05:39 PM

This is a very good poem, Jimmy. I like your style. It's very creative and colorful.

Nathan

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
6 posted 2000-05-22 06:20 PM

James--

really liked your style in this one. it was honest and refreshing with just a flare of your writing style that i have come to love and admire. keep up the good work my friend. oh and for the record...we all are guilty of this looks thing from time to time!

take care,
amy  

~Live today as though it were your last but prepare for tomorrow as though it were here~

Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
7 posted 2000-05-22 06:51 PM

James, you have a deal!

And yes, I still believe in a long term relationship.  They are difficult to find, harder to keep...but they are out there somewhere.  And thank you for your frienship, my companion of Passions.

Marina

Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
8 posted 2000-05-23 10:28 PM

BTT

Marina

Rosebud1229
since 2000-04-05
Posts 1813
North Carolina
9 posted 2000-05-23 10:44 PM

I believe everyone is guilty of this men and women. I myself often think about how I myself am on the inside. There are also days im not a beauty queen on the inside. Even the most beautiful person can not always be beautiful. Eventually time will tell all things. We must really know the other person and care about them to gain the true love which is so hard for us. I have to admit myself that love is not just a one way thing. Always wanting.. You know the I I I thing. One has to also give. I think your poem was very open and  beautiful . Thanks for sharing.

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
10 posted 2000-05-24 01:44 AM

James your poem was very honest, most men wouldn't admit to what you have, you have said alot in your poem that has needed to be said about physical beauty...I liked it alot!
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
11 posted 2000-05-25 06:39 PM

Thank you Nate, Amy, Marina, Rosebud, and Romantic for reading and commenting.
Amy I think it is more of an obsession or addiction with me..something I am working on.
Marina you are a sweetheart and I would love to be your companion...who could resist a sweetheart.
Rosebud my goal is to stop idolizing women and to accept them as friends..focusing on their personalities and spirits.
Romantic I am glad that I am at a place where I can be honest with my feelings.  I sent copies of this to my sons and my oldest son ask me if I would mind if he sent a copy to his mom.  I told him to go ahead if he thinks it would be appropriate.  I told him I don't want her angry with me again...I don't want to stir up old anger.  However..when I write about my past mistake I find it cleansing to face the truth and healing for my soul.    James

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » American beauty

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary