navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Reflections of You --- A repost for my mother's memory
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic Reflections of You --- A repost for my mother's memory Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lucie
since 1999-06-20
Posts 1077
Houston

0 posted 2000-05-13 05:36 PM

I see you in the mirror your eyes have tiny lines.
The way you smile back at me the same way every time.
I hear your voice, I hear your laugh the humors just the same.
The way you get so frustrated by the curly hair you try to tame.
The same gentle hands that reach to touch a loved one standing close.
These are all the things I miss and think about the most.
Because it's not you standing there in the mirror that I see.
The woman that's reflected that looks so much like you.. is me.

With perseverance even the snail reached the Ark.

© Copyright 2000 Lucille Dobbins - All Rights Reserved
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
1 posted 2000-05-13 05:40 PM

Lucie,
This one is just tugging on my heartstrings here.  Hand me a tissue, please.  Okay...this is a great piece...so touching and tender.  My Mom died 8 years ago and I miss her everyday.  Excellent writing.  I know exactly how you feel.
Take care,
LW

Friends are friend forever if the Lord's the Lord of them and a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end.
--Michael W. Smith

Rosemary J. Gwaltney
since 1999-08-26
Posts 997
northern mountains, Idaho
2 posted 2000-05-13 06:01 PM

Oh, this is beautiful!  Tears.  A very special poem, splendidly written.  Thank you for sharing.

Honeybee
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-26
Posts 5372
Ontario, CANADA
3 posted 2000-05-13 06:12 PM

~Lucie~

A beautiful tribute to your mother.  I am very sorry for your loss.  I am sure that she is proud up in Heaven to have such a talented poet as a daughter. This poem reminds me of how my own mom must feel when she looks in the mirror because my Grandma (her mom) died a few years ago and they look so much alike.  Thanks for posting this!  

Take care,
Melissa Honeybee

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

4 posted 2000-05-13 09:58 PM

This is an absolutely beautiful tribute to your Mom, Lucie! I'm sure she's smiling down on you!

Denise

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
5 posted 2000-05-14 01:54 PM

There's my girl!  You've gone and made me proud again...   Lucie, this is just beautiful, and I'm glad you chose to share it on such a beautiful day.  The first thing I did this morning, is wake up and call my mom.  I'm pushing 30, but she is still as dear to me, as when  I was 5.  I am so thankful that I can still pick up the phone, and call her.  I know some aren't so fortunate.  Every day that goes by, I thank God above, she is still here with me.  You've done wonderfully with this girl, I'm so glad to see you posting again!  Love you!  Gen
Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
6 posted 2000-05-14 02:31 PM

Luci--

this really touched my heart. i lost my mom six years ago and this post touched my heart and soul in a MAJOR way...best of luck to you and thank you for posting this!!

take care,
amy  

~Live today as though it were your last but prepare for tomorrow as though it were here~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » Reflections of You --- A repost for my mother's memory

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary