navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » TRYING TO SLEEP (A lyric)
Corner Pub #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic TRYING TO SLEEP (A lyric) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Willyblues
since 2006-01-26
Posts 7

0 posted 2006-01-26 11:39 PM

TRYING TO SLEEP

By WILLY SENKIWSKY 1/23/06 3:00 PM A Harp, Key of E, Chicago Blues

Last night I tried to sleep in my home
All last night trying to sleep in my home
Couldn't do it; your memory wouldn't leave me alone!

I couldn't help it I thought of your lips
Was thinkin of your sweet, sweet, kiss
That and other parts of you I'm going to miss!

Like:

And let's not forget;

I'll be alright or is that I'll be okay
Ain't superstitios but wonder what a Gypsy would say
If those people could see the future and I afford to pay!

I don't use pills when trying to sleep
Don't need no pills when trying to sleep
Now I need to know where to find another freak!!!...

Copyright 2006 Willy Senkiwsky -- All Rights Reserved -- Unauthorized Duplication Prohibited

"The Blues are the roots, and the other music is the fruits." One of Willie Dixon's favorite sayings, from I Am the Blues by Willie Dixon with Don Snowden (DaCapo, 1989)  

"Life is like music, it must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule. Nevertheless one had better know the rules, for they sometimes guide in doubtful cases, though not often."  --Samuel Butler (1612-80), English poet, Author

"Simple music is the hardest music to play and blues is simple music." --Albert Collins

Here's the link to my site, now I definitely have music, and me singing "That's Just the Way That I Am," an original, there and pics too. Don't just stop at the front page scroll down and check it all out! Keep checking back it just been updated... I made a new page, "Me and Evilbay (A work in progress)." There are pages "How to Know If you're a New Yorker," by me and "Willys Jokes." A little humor on the serious side! Sign the guestbook too y'all!
http://www.total-knowledge.com/~willyblues/

© Copyright 2006 Willyblues - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » TRYING TO SLEEP (A lyric)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary