navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » Letter From the Heart
Open Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic Letter From the Heart Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song

0 posted 2000-07-30 11:21 AM

Try as I might I cannot not get this to post properly.  I ask you to look to the words instead of the failed attempt at the format.  Thank you.

Letter From The Heart

Dear                                      love
                                                 I miss you so                          in every way                
                                                 From the heavens                   so far up  above  
                                               to where wind blown           saplings begin to sway
                                          Across many miles and    many   clouds our love is  sent
                                        As our hearts are torn   between   the life we have chosen
                                       And the one with each other  that would be so better spent
                                      Why do we choose the one that has left our hearts so frozen
                                      Give me the chance to take you and caress the pain all away
                                      To love you freely as we walked  through life  hand in hand
                                      Allow me to kiss your heart and teach it  again how to play
                                       As we walk along the beach  building  castles in the sand
                                        Come to me through the stars  dancing  in the night sky
                                          Look up at the  moon  before  you  go to sleep tonight
                                           No longer will you suffer wishing  for me as you cry
                                           For I see the same moon the one shining so bright                                     Let the night fairies sprinkle you with their dust                                         And float  you to the ceiling of  powdery clouds
                                                Walk  along the pillows  with all of your trust
                                                 We  begin our  flight  away  from  the crowd
                                                  Please baby  just give love one more chance
                                                   Meet  me in the corner of  heaven's   floor  
                                                     You heart in mine as we begin to dance  
                                                       Thru the reaches as we begin to soar
                                                          This is my dream that I want to be
                                                            Baby open your eyes take a look
                                                              True love waits to set you free
                                                                For me,caring is all it took
                                                                   Let love take it's flight
                                                                      Please hon let it be
                                                                          Use this night
                                                                             This I plea
                                                                                  Love
                                                                                   Me

Mark Bohannan                                            

[This message has been edited by Mark Bohannan (edited 07-30-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Mark Bohannan - All Rights Reserved
Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
1 posted 2000-07-30 11:25 AM

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

never say never

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-07-30 11:28 AM

"Allow me to kiss your heart and teach it  again how to play"

Oh my, Mark! Simply exquisite!  I loved your romantic thoughts in this, I could feel the
longing.  Beautiful flow ... stunning work ... enchanting presentation!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

LOL ... you were playing lost and found over on the other thread ... I saw this beautiful poem, read it, but by the time I'd finished responding to you, it had vanished into the great beyond!  Glad to see you found it Mark!  I copied my thoughts back over  

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2000-07-30 11:31 AM

A beautiful and tender read Mark...I can make out the heart...I hope you can fix the editing because after a while they don't let you edit the poems any more...they have to do it...and good luck with that situation...James
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
4 posted 2000-07-30 11:58 AM

Paula-WOOOOOOOOOOOW.  Thanks girl.  nuff said.

Kit-Thank you so much and I am blushing at your kind words.  You have made my day.  Thank you for your patience also with the disappearing post.LOL

James-Thank you much my friend and WE ARE working on it and it shall be done.  

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
5 posted 2000-07-30 12:11 PM

What a tender loving heart you have, dear Mark...this is lovely to read...and so full of heart's longing...it makes me wish for your wish.  Hugs.
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

6 posted 2000-07-30 12:35 PM

Mark this is so tender and sweet..
a look into the longing and desires
of your heart...
so romantic and graceful
who could resist such a sweet plea  
better be careful..your heart is showing  
someone may start to call you a poet.
love it MC
JM

There are places inside our souls -
that have never been touched.
There are places inside our hearts -
that need to be loved this much.
~jm~

Marina
Member Elite
since 2000-02-10
Posts 2245
Pickering, Ontario
7 posted 2000-07-30 12:48 PM

Oh Mark.....this is wonderful!!!!!!

I agree with Gemini....er....I mean....JM.  Someone is going to call you a poet if you keep writing like this!!!  

Marina

It is a blessing to have wings for words, and passion in pen
Marina Crossley

Sunnyone
Member Ascendant
since 2000-07-06
Posts 5334
Staffordshire, England
8 posted 2000-07-30 01:09 PM

Mark...
      This poem is beautiful and touching,
      and anyone in their right mind would
      see that your heart is in the right
      place...........
           I hope that whomever this is
       for is worthy of you........

~~ To Live is to Give ~~

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
9 posted 2000-07-30 02:22 PM

Martie- with the both of us wishing for it maybe it will come to be.  Thank you my friend for your gentle words.

JM-so quit resisting will ya.LOL  Thank you m'lady you are truely sweet.

Marina-shhhh....they don't know I have met Gemini.LOL ( I met I liked .   ) Thank you much.

Sunny1-she is more than worthy and it is I who am trying to be the worthy one.  I thank you for your tender reply.

[This message has been edited by Mark Bohannan (edited 07-30-2000).]

Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
10 posted 2000-07-30 07:55 PM

I had to come back and read this pretty plea one more time.

never say never

MMoonchild
since 2000-07-13
Posts 1715
PA
11 posted 2000-07-30 09:33 PM

Mark if you dont mind I will fix this heart for you if you like...

I love to do that..mend hearts
~~softly
Maureen the heart mender

Butterflies_dont_cry
Member Elite
since 2000-03-06
Posts 3733
Michigan
12 posted 2000-07-30 09:45 PM

Mark*
Your plea is heart felt and heart heard...to come across a love that fills every dream, every hope possible and then to overcome past, present and future to hold it tight...all are huge barriers...but true love scales those walls and remains through every storm...beautiful writing Mark...the view on this side of your heart is beautiful~

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

13 posted 2000-07-30 11:10 PM

resist????????? I wasnt resisting..
I was just playing hard to get LOL  
(or was that you) (hehe)    
you know me...easy for poets
ERRRRRR I mean POETRY!!!!!!

OH MAN..what do they put in this raspberry tea  
thank you MC...
JM

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
14 posted 2000-07-30 11:41 PM

Very beautiful words, Mark and,as far as the graphic goes....like most of us, your heart may not be perfect but it's in the right place  
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
15 posted 2000-07-31 03:33 AM

Paula-thank you for the encouragement.  Glad you liked it.

Maureen-you may have the one posted and do as you will.lol  I have tried everything.  As for the other one it is already in surgery and awaiting the outcome.ROFL  Thanks for taking the time and reading.

Bdc-your words always make me smile and I do
so appreciate the sincerity in them.  I thank you for always taking the time to read
when I post. Glad it looks good from there cause this side is real messed up baby. LOL

JM-glad you decided not to resist...it would
be futile at this point.ROFL   I dont know what is in that tea but every since you gave me some I have been feeling really strange....you know sort of like the animals do in the spring.   Thanks girl
later-hard to get-gator.

Balladeer-One can always count on you to make one feel better.  Thank you so much kind sir.

Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
16 posted 2000-07-31 03:47 AM

Ditto on Balladeer....

Mark, my friend... all your efforts for this just shows the deep emotions in your heart...

... keep them always with you, the lucky one will then enjoy her life too with your heart as the greatest gift she ever recieved...

regards,
sudhir
P.S. I could help fix the graphic if necessary... but I don't think it is... for the message is clear...

[This message has been edited by Sudhir Iyer (edited 07-31-2000).]

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
17 posted 2000-07-31 05:32 AM

Lovely words in this Letter from the Heart.  I wanted to do a love poem with a heart but I couldn't figure out how...James
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
18 posted 2000-07-31 09:16 AM

Isn't it frustrating when a format doesn't work out like it should when we've struggled so long to make it "right"!?  BUT, you see my dear friend Mark, what you SAID was more important than how it looked! Such is a book!  Such is a person!  You must dig deep inside to see what is truly there, and what is truly here in this very poem is what comes from inside you!  You are so very right...you ARE only going to get better, and better, and my little Energizer bunny, better!

Karilea
When you want to be loved, look within...KRJ

JulieAnn
since 2000-06-12
Posts 754
Earth 3rd Rock from the sun!!
19 posted 2000-07-31 09:42 AM

I like it....just beautiful.....no surprises though they're all great!!! And I agree....your heart is beginning to show in more ways than one.....Don't worry too much you'll get it right eventually in more ways than one!!  

Julie :)

cathybohannan
since 2000-07-31
Posts 140
Paintsville,KY
20 posted 2000-07-31 10:01 AM

Mark, I loved your poem. It is very touching
and I see what you mean about your format,
it still comes out to be a heart on my monitor. Love your sister Cathy

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
21 posted 2000-07-31 10:14 AM

Sudhir-I thank you for being the gentleman that you are as well.  No need for the fix, it has sort of grown on me but I do appreciate the offer kind sir.  

James-thank you and a little note...in word pad it is actually easy....the problem did not start until I posted....I think I may have needed it to be smaller.LOL (big heart)ROFL.  try it and good luck.

Karilea-Thank you much and I will keep trying and trying and trying and....

Julie-ahhh girl you make me blush.

Cathy-welcome to Passions girl.  I am so glad you decided to join us.  Wanna change monitors...LOL  Thank you sis and I will be looking for you.....don't go awry..

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » Letter From the Heart

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary