navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » Sentinal
Open Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sentinal Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Michael G
since 2000-06-25
Posts 579
Nashville

0 posted 2000-07-08 02:55 PM

I remember a wind.  One that made a mockery out of my simple life.  I was in Yosemite, on top of Sentinal dome some 3200 feet above the valley below. I had been watching a thunder storm edge it's way on the opposite walls.  Lightning strikes would send huge echos through out.  I remember sitting in awe of it all.

I remember a wind.  I was alone on this trip.  The first time I had come here like that.  Yet this place was my source of energy.  Shear granite walls would dwarf you, keeping you in perspective.  I was just 16 and my life already a turmoil of problems.  So here I had come, to rest, to find peace.  Here I had come to commune in my own way.

I remember a wind.  It started light and really never gained much force.  But the strength it held tore at my being.  I remember my eyes as the tears began to fall.  I shed them for the knowledge of what was being given me.  This beauty splendor of moments make haste.  That the heart must endure, and that we take grace.

© Copyright 2000 Michael G - All Rights Reserved
Paula Finn
Member Ascendant
since 2000-06-17
Posts 5546
missouri
1 posted 2000-07-08 06:57 PM

Michael...your words put me there on that peak in the storm...beautiful
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

2 posted 2000-07-08 07:28 PM

I remember a wind.  It started light and really never gained much force.  But the strength it held tore at my being.  I remember my eyes as the tears began to fall.  I shed them for the knowledge of what was being given me.  This beauty splendor of moments make haste.  That the heart must endure, and that we take grace.
---------------------

very cool...
excellent imagery ...
especially the emotional imagery

"I rememeber a wind"...
very cool line.

its in those quiet moment between moments ...
that if we are open to it ...
those little miracles happen ...
beautiful reflections Michael
take care
jm

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » Sentinal

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary