navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Soulless Never Was
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Soulless Never Was Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sherm
since 2000-07-21
Posts 94
Evansville,IN

0 posted 2000-07-25 05:39 PM

id like to apologize first for the double replies iv left a few times    i dont know why that has happened, my computer is really crappy and slow and keeps messing up and i think that has something to do with it   ill try to figure it out     so sorry about that      on with the poem

you really think you know me
but you dont at all
just use me for your amusement
well good, have a ball
laugh at me and think i care
yea right, i thrive on it
as if id be pathetic as you
like my soul gave in and quit
the way yours did one day
just stopped living on its own
throwing away all personality
and giving up the thrown
a voiceless mouth in a crowd
thats all you are
a petty life void of anything meaningful
your existance is just a scar
you think im the sad one
but i have a life, a soul
your just a never was
a loser with a heart of coal

i wrote this about all these people that are the exact same and only care about what their "friends" think of them   i can tell they make fun of me behind my back but i honestly dont care  im proud to be different if that means im myself    
       im a cross between a nerd (good grades), a jock, and a punk (i like alternative, heavy music plus i dress like a punk and have piercings and such

© Copyright 2000 Geoff A. Anderson - All Rights Reserved
thebeautybrat
since 2000-03-30
Posts 114
Florida
1 posted 2000-07-25 08:49 PM

you sound like a very nice person!! i agree with you that you should just be who you are and not what everyone else wants you to be!! great poem!! it has a really good message!!

It is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2000-07-26 02:36 AM

well sherm i am a cross between a book worm and a bad girl...i love to read but yet i love to party and get all screwed up...and what people say about me...i can honestly care less...now at least that is...keep up the good work...i am enjoying reading your poems...< !signature-->

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

[This message has been edited by ERIN (edited 07-26-2000).]

Lani_DarkOne
since 2000-05-28
Posts 152
UK
3 posted 2000-07-26 01:42 PM

Hey Sherm..
I loved this poem...I share the same view, but sometimes it's better to have a heart of coal than to be hurt..I think people who are 'sheep' as I call people who follow others, are suffering from insecurity, just like the whole crapped up world.
Everyone's existance is a scar...
You sound very interesting, i'm a cross between everything   mostly i'm a meek leetal mouse  

"Controlling my feelings for too long....
And forcing our darkest souls to unfold...
And pushing us into self-destruction...."
*~Muse*~

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
4 posted 2007-12-03 09:38 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Soulless Never Was

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary