navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I Will Always Love You...
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Will Always Love You... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Funky_chick
since 2000-07-19
Posts 2

0 posted 2000-07-21 12:17 PM

Everytime i see you, my heart breaks,
What we had was so special,
Dreams come true and prayers answered.
But it all fell apart,
Leaving me angry and confused.
You'll probably never understand,
How much i suffered.
I cried myself to sleep for months.
I couldn't eat and i couldn't smile.
Looking in the mirror made me sick.
I felt rejected.
Deciding to move on, i put on a mask.
I treated you as a friend and was brave.
It was all an act, but it began to work.
Until i saw the places we'd been together,
Memories came flooding back.
I smile as i remember our fun,
Then my eyes fill as i remember it's over.
Your photo still smiles out of its frame,
In my room where i often look at it.
Your letters belong under my pillow,
Tear-stained and worn.
"I Would Do Anything For Love" will always be our song,
And i'll always remember our first kiss.
Our memories i'll always treasure,
Even the bad ones cos that's what love is all about.
I still dream about you and pray you're happy.
I'll never forget the happiness you gave me,
Even though pain now lives in my heart.
I'll never understand what i did wrong,
But whatever it was, i'm so very very sorry.
I've tried to move on like you wanted,
But it's not easy giving up on someone so special.
No guy has come close in comparison to you,
Although they've tried and so have I.
Everything i say comes out as:
"Sam and i..."
"Sam used to..." and,
"Sam would have..."
My favourite memory is of 'Rock-the-Dock'.
Do you remember that night?
I will for as long as i live.
And deep down,
I'LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU...

© Copyright 2000 Funky_chick - All Rights Reserved
StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
1 posted 2000-07-21 12:22 PM

Time in it's own essence can heal even the deepest of wounds--including the heart--however scars will remain because he'll always have a place in your heart. But soon enough, you'll start to slowly move on. You'll NEVER forget him because you did love him...but the heart ache WILL lessen. Until then my friend, my heart is with you and I hope that you can forgive yourself. Keep up the writing...IT HELPS!!! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

*~* I wIsH I wAs A LiTTlE gIrL aGaIn; SkInNeD kNeEs AnD bRuIsEd ElBoWs ArE eAsIeR tO hEaL tHaN a BrOkEn HeArT!*~*

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
2 posted 2000-07-21 12:23 PM

p.s. Welcome to Passions!!  

*~* I wIsH I wAs A LiTTlE gIrL aGaIn; SkInNeD kNeEs AnD bRuIsEd ElBoWs ArE eAsIeR tO hEaL tHaN a BrOkEn HeArT!*~*

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-07-21 06:11 AM

Welcome to Passions Funky_Chick!

I'm so sorry for your saddened heart, but time will truly help the healing ... keep writing, for it's such a wonderful outlet for your heart (check your e-mail for a special message).

Best wishes,
/Kit

Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York
4 posted 2000-07-21 08:08 AM

This is a beautiful poem.  I love it.  Full of feeling.  I'm sorry about your heartbreak.  In time your heart will here and you'll find new love.  Be patient!  Well at least that worked for me!    Keep writing and have fun!!

Love ya
Danielle

"Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you

Martini
since 2000-07-11
Posts 308
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2000-07-21 10:22 AM

In your poem you described my very life.  I know what it's like to feel physically ill thinking of what you lost, and everywhere you go there is a memory of him and you miss him more than you ever thought possible, i have a daily memory of the love of my life that will last as long as I live and it's hard somedays.  I've been there and I understand.  Its hard seeing the person and pretending that you're just friends, that you didn't share some of the most important and most special moments of your life with them.  My advice to you is try to want him to be happy, it makes you feel a little better, and try not to think about what you did wrong, it just makes it hurt more.

If you ever need to talk/ compare stories send an email my way, I'm always open to listening and talking.

GOod writing

"In three words I can sum up everything I learned about life: It Goes On"
~Robert Frost

BABYFACE
since 2000-07-09
Posts 17
DALLAS,TX
6 posted 2000-07-21 03:53 PM

WOW WHAT A GREAT POEM SOUNDS LIKE WHAT JUST HAPPEND TO ME 3 MONTHS AGO!!! SO I FEEL YOU!!! JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD UP IT WILL GET BETTER SOON!!! IF YOU EVER WANNA TALK JUST EMAIL ME!!! I WILL BE THERE IF YOU NEED ME!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON!!
             SARAH

Fairy Princess
since 2000-07-19
Posts 64
Fitchburg Ma, USA
7 posted 2000-07-21 05:42 PM

Hi, that was very good writen I have a poem on here it's called. "Looking for love. Found love. Broken love. Understanding Love. Forgiving love." That was so sad love isn't fair sometimes but you can move on. Forget him go find another guy, or you can read my poem. I got this guy to understand me and forgive me. But always remember you don't look for love it comes into your heart. I went looking for love I didn't get it, love came into my heart. I have another poem it's called ~*~The boy in my dreams~*~.
~*~Minna aka The Fairy Princess~*~

~*~What you see is what
you get~*~

AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
8 posted 2000-07-21 11:21 PM

What a great first post.
I hope to see more of your work here in the future.

Love Always,
Shell

Beautiful is empty
Beautiful is free
Beautiful loves no one
Beautiful stripped me
~Beautiful~
~Creed~

BabyGirl1
since 2000-07-02
Posts 91
Morris, IL
9 posted 2000-07-21 11:25 PM

Welcome to Passions.  Great first poem.  I am sorry that you are going through this, but all things happen for a reason.  Maybe this person just was not for you.  I know it is hard becuse I was there a few years ago.  All you can do is keep your head up high and keep a smile on your face.  Things will get better with time.  You'll see.  

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can fly only by embracing each other."

-Luciano de Crescenzo-

sherm
since 2000-07-21
Posts 94
Evansville,IN
10 posted 2000-07-22 03:30 AM

your poem is very emotional and i think its great.  Love can definately be the best feeling ever and the worst sometimes too.
Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
11 posted 2007-12-02 08:27 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I Will Always Love You...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary