navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » If I could.
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic If I could. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Fairy Princess
since 2000-07-19
Posts 64
Fitchburg Ma, USA

0 posted 2000-07-20 11:20 AM

If I could..
I'd show the world that I'm a strong girl,
I'd show everyone that my disability can't stop me.

If I could..
I'd change this "world" we live in,
Make dreams come true and make people happier.

If I could..
I'd bring my dad back,
He wouldn't have an Illness.

If I could..
I'd remake the "world" better,
Where everyone would be happy no sickness.

© Copyright 2000 Minna - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2000-07-20 07:47 PM

Oh Fairy Princess ... if I could make it happen for you ... I would. Tender thoughts, and nicely penned.

Best wishes,
/Kit

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
2 posted 2000-07-20 10:21 PM

My fellow Princess, such wonderful thoughts as Kit says, I too wishy I could make this happen. I've never had to live with a disability but I too have an illness, anorexia. Not even remotely close to what you have to deal with, but I do hope that someday, the world will learn. And I hope that the world will also "wish they could...make it all better." Kudos to your wishes and writing hun! Love Ya~ Love Always~*~Jessica~*~< !signature-->

*~* I wIsH I wAs A LiTTlE gIrL aGaIn; SkInNeD kNeEs AnD bRuIsEd ElBoWs ArE eAsIeR tO hEaL tHaN a BrOkEn HeArT!*~*

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 07-20-2000).]

AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
3 posted 2000-07-21 04:06 AM

How sad!!
I hate reading poetry that makes me sad but at the same time I like it because I know that if it's making me sad then it has some real emotion behind it.  If you can makes sense of that!!
Your poem was written from the heart and that is one of the best ways you can write.
Writting about something that you hold so dear to you or that caused you so much pain can sometimes be very hard.  You have to 'relive' that pain so you can convey it into your poem and I find that is a very hard thing to do so I have to congratulate you very highly for doing it so well!!
Keep up the great work.

Love Always,
Shell.

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
4 posted 2007-12-02 08:24 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » If I could.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary