navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Your Smiling face (dedicated to all of our loved ones, but especially my grandmother)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Your Smiling face (dedicated to all of our loved ones, but especially my grandmother) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ceinwyn
Member Elite
since 2000-07-09
Posts 2175
VA

0 posted 2000-07-18 07:57 PM

This poem means alot to me, something I'll treasure and keep by my bedside whenever I wake up from a dream of my grandmother...

I miss you but I get
to hold you in my dreams
Catch up on all lost words
And cry unshed tears
I love you and treasure
each dream
When I finally get to
see you again
I'm sorry for all the
unspoken words and actions
When we were in the same room
But now I know it was all mutual

I feel safe once by your side
As you wash away all of
the pain with just one smile
Your sweet embrace helps rid
the scar marks
Of the tears I shed, once
you whispered to my soul
That it was your time to leave
me behind

Heaven and my dreams
are surely a brighter place
Both full of your beauty and grace
And your smiling face

"Let me be the one you call, if you jump I'll break your fall, lift you up and fly away with you into the night"

~Crash and Burn~

© Copyright 2000 Kristen Brandon - All Rights Reserved
Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
1 posted 2000-07-19 06:03 AM

My dear...your poetry just has your story writng talent written all over it.  Writing in general is simply your gift in life.  For me, it's a talent...for you, it's a wonderful gift.  I hope you never waste it.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-07-19 07:02 AM

This is such a beautiful and sweet tribute to those we have lost Ceinwyn.  Such a tender and heartfelt verse, lovely!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
3 posted 2000-07-19 09:31 AM

You write some of the most beautifull words that I have ever read.  Why must you make this tough guy cry today?

jason

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
4 posted 2000-07-19 04:59 PM

Dearest friend, I have heard so much about you!! And to finally have to chance to read your words is such a treat! Your words are beautiful, your descriptions wonderful, and your theme, magnificent! Keep it up I can't wait to read more!! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

*~* I wIsH I wAs A LiTTlE gIrL aGaIn; SkInNeD kNeEs AnD bRuIsEd ElBoWs ArE eAsIeR tO hEaL tHaN a BrOkEn HeArT!*~*

Fairy Princess
since 2000-07-19
Posts 64
Fitchburg Ma, USA
5 posted 2000-07-20 10:26 AM

Hi my dad died of colon cancer and it's not easy but I'm to chat email me at Smile4me28@excite.com  

((Peace out))
~*~Fairy Princess~*~

AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
6 posted 2000-07-21 04:38 AM

Wow, that was a wonderful poem.
I agree with Jeremy, writing is your gift in life, and you shouldn't let that o to waste.  There are so little poets out there that can REALLY get to the heart of the reader.  I think that you are certainly one of those rare people.
You should never give up hope that you will finally see those loved ones again.
I think it's all that any of us can hold onto.
It's so important that you believe in something, and I see in your poem that you believe in a lot of things, you believe in 'love surviving death into eternity' as the song goes.  And it is very true.  I think that we all need to believe this isn't the end.  There is a life after death and we haven't truely lost our loved ones forever we will see them again even if it takes a while.
You are very talented and I would like to say that there aren't enough people out there like you.
People that have a heart that can hold on and not let go.  A heart that will remember all those good times even thought your time with them may be over for the time being.
It is very important that people like you give others inspiration.
Keep it up - you're doing a great job!!!!!

Love Always,
Shell.

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
7 posted 2007-12-02 08:24 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Your Smiling face (dedicated to all of our loved ones, but especially my grandmother)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary